Here's whats wrong
- when you get a notification of a reply to your post it takes you to the story but not the comment. This is since the last update...
- before the last update it would take you to the post you replied to but not the reply itself, then you gotta scroll though 100+ posts to find your reply. But now it's 10x worse because it just takes you to the story
- you can't turn off notifications for breaking news, so those notifications crowded out the notifications that someone replied to your post
- there's a glitch to where sometimes when you return to a post via notifications all of the users are named anonymous, including your own
- for the love of God, add an edit feature, every other website on the internet has an edit feature, it's not something that is like nice to have, it is a necessary feature. When you don't have an edit feature it degrades the overall quality, it makes your site suck because the posts are incoherent and illegible. And there is nothing more frustrating than writing out a long post and then posting it and realizing some key word or worse are misspelled to the point of indecipherabilty. Worst of all, you can't copy and paste once you've posted so you have to start from scratch. There is no telling how many suicides you have caused by not having an edit feature
-also since the last update it seems the app is deleting the spacing out of posts, making them a big wall of text nobody wants to read
- your censorship algorithms are inconsistent and are making people crazy, you never know what will get censored and it doesn't just block the word, it blocks the whole **** post. Again, suicides are being caused. I mean if it just blocked foul language you'd know what the problem is but it blocks all kinds of stuff, like the word "ape" Sometimes you go to reply to call someone out for a racist post and your post gets blocked because so many words pertaining to race get blocked. I think even saying the word "black" too many times gets censored. If I wanted to say " the reason a second Civil right act had to be passed is because after black people were given the full rights of a white man white Southerners systematically lynched them on the way to the polls" I'm going to get blocked, despite that I'm not being racist, I am defend against it. Meanwhile, the list I'm responding to has words like kneegers describing black people, and it doesn't get blocked. Or as another example the word Nazi is not profane, you have neo nazis posting on you site every day but no one can call them out because you can say anything pertaining to nazis. If you're going to alow unbridled racism then at least make it so its possible to call these idiots what they are, which is nazis. The same is true for the algorithm that censors posts based on how long they are, it's inconsistent, nobody knows how long is too long, it seems to be based on spacing, which is rediculous and makes you site garbage cuz everything is misspelled and has no spaces. For example, you probably stopped reading this complaint a long time ago cuz it doesn't have ENOUGH spacing.
- Why not make the thing censor the words rather than just deleting the whole post. Or what about a feature that points out the censorable words BEFORE you post, so you can correct it? Again in talking about words like "fruit" and "ape" and "assasinate", how will anyone know what's going to be censored till they post, but once it gets s censored you have to start all over from scratch . And if the president of the United States can say "**** hole" why can't we? Again, it makes it impossible to call people out for being white supremacists, which is fast becoming a major problem in this country if you haven't noticed, and we can't even defend ourselves from it because you are censoring pretty much everything.
- I've been using this site every day for the last 3 yrs or so, and I just hate it, I mean i like it and I don't think there's anything else comparable to it, but ****, the reasons above make me hate this site so much.... I'm amazed I haven't thrown my phone into the Bay even more than the 4 or 5 times that I have. ******* if you can only fix one thing (and really I don't even thing you will do that much) then add an edit feature before you cause any more suicides
Matthew Genovese commented
And see, even here you are censoring, and the censoring is inconsistent with the censoring you do on comments. For example, the app allows the word "****" but here you censor it. And the app does not allow the word Nazi, but here you have not censored it. This is one of the things I am referring to, this kind of inconsistency makes your standards ambiguous, and the entire post gets deleted behind just on s word, and no editing feature compounds this into suicide inducing frustration.
Matthew Genovese commented
Also, why did it just publish my first and last name, there's a screen name for a reason, I dint want my name posted online. Unlike almost everyone in America, I know better than to post my personal information online. I've never had a face book or any other social media garbage, and if you google my name you will get nothing except suff that is about some guy in Canada who has the same name as me, first and last....but let me tell you that takes effort, it is hard to avoid something everyone else you know is doing. But it's important to me, that's why I do it, and then you go and just post my name online rather than the screen name. Thanks alot, now I'll probably have to delete this, it absolutely sucks.