Finance Plus

Welcome to the Yahoo Finance Plus Feedback Forum, the place where you can make product suggestions and provide feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and use your feedback to make positive changes.

Note: this forum is not monitored for support-related issues, so if you need help with a problem or have a question, please visit our Help Site where you can Contact Us.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Put the time stamp back on the news instead of "an hour ago".

Without the time stamp on news, one doesn't know how long it was since the window was refreshed. This causes more reloading of data, which apparently helps your ad clicks, but makes it annoying to users. How is "a day ago" any better than "May 20 at 10:00AM"? Yahoo has continuously made YF worse.

1st ranked

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Dislikes this feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Love the comparison tool but why does it change the Y-axis to a percentile comparing the two?

I really like that I can have a comparison of a stock I'm looking at in the background but I don't like that the Y-axis changed to a percentile. I personally don't care about the percent difference between the stock and comparison, I just want to see the comparison trend. It also changes the percentile with the zoom level so you can't know if the percentile is accurate at all. Do I have to be zoomed in completely with the time frame I'm in? What time aggregation is the comparison? Does it change with the time frame I'm looking at?…

86th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Dislikes this feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 16th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Dislikes this feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 8th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Dislikes this feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. If you continue to move fee content into the premium category I will be forced to stop using this site entirely.

I used this site for more than 15 years. Each year you take away features or move them into premium services. There are alternatives. I use the Fidelity & other sites more as you make this site progressively worse. If this continues, I will use these alternatives exclusively & you will lose the advertising revenue. I & other users won't pay for what we can get for free somewhere else.
    Your greed will kill this site!!!

86th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Dislikes this feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. how to stop screen refresh

constant screen refreshes even with "update" off is causing finance to be unusable. Update only on specific request.

86th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 86th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Dislikes this feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. I read about the whining farmers. Now I know it is a tough business to be in but I think

It is time you started to take on more of the responsibility of buying and
    selling your products. I have to admit I do not know beans but I also know
    that the farmers have voted Republican from the beginning of time and
    refuse to change. Like now - you are so self serving, you act like you are not part of the US. China and the US is in the middle of a pandemic that is killing a thousand people a day and you are talking about the fact you are still backing Trump. You deserve whatever you get…

86th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. I am a democrat but early on in the term of the maniac I was suggesting that if a

Republican was so appalled by Trump, vote for W, Weld, a Republican that I admire because of his views and at that time he was on the GOP
    ticket. He dropped out so my next suggestion was to vote for Biden now
    and then start a new party because this Trump GOP was clearly not the John McCain Party anymore. The party that I may disagree with but respected, none the less. No, the Republican under McConnell and Trump was not to respect anymore. Look at the Yahoo interview with Carly Fionina and she says it all. She is voting…

86th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Fire your leftist employees

Whose idea was it to get rid of the comments? Probably some toxic, censorship supporting communist with blue hair. No point in visiting a site that doesn't allow any discussion. Bye!

37th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. I am disgusted by the way that your Sr. Columnist spewed his opinion in your top

story for today, Newman, who is trying his darnest to get Trump elected
    by slamming Biden and belittling him not because of his platform but
    because he can not think of anything good or nice to say about who is
    supporting - Trump. There is not one thing that is worthy of admiring about Trump. He is dispicable but than I guess that is why Newman is backing him because from this article(?)he is a despicable columnist. What does that mean actually, Sr. Columnist.He is not a reporter because this is not a report, it is a deplorable attempt at…

86th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Dump Benzinga

I don't mind YahooFinance linking MarketWatch articles because MW is "hilariously stupid". Those guys didn't know the market was closed on Labor Day, and that was funny.

Benzinga is too stupid to be funny.

86th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Please take MarketWatch off my feed!

Market watch now requires a subscription. I'm tired of clicking on their articles and not getting to read. I'm not going to pay for a subscription, so I dont want to see their articles in my list.

86th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Tired of your liberal bias in your articles. I'm closing my account and moving on.

I'm done being pandered to with your liberal agenda. And then not letting people comment or respond accordingly. I've used Yahoo Finance as my primary finance site for years. I didn't mind the mix of views, but it's obvious you've signed now up with the rest of the liberal media and give a one sided story. Good bye!

86th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Stop it with the continue reading message

When I click to read an article don't give me the first line or two of the article and then make me click on the continue reading message. It is annoying that you make me click a second time to get to an article that I have already clicked to read. It seems as though you are trying to up your click count. Stop.

86th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Way way way too many "unusual options activity" articles

If it was unusual it would be something that happens every other month, not dozens of times a day.

86th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Report Economic Results Without Heavy Partisan Spin

During Trump admin, job numbers, unemployment claims, etc. are almost always framed to make things look as bad as possible. Even if a number is significantly better than expectations (which would be the relevant headline...) the YF headline attempts to darken the narrative. This provides a disservice to more amateur investors who must scratch their heads about how such bleak economic news time and time again (per YF at least) could be met with a significant jump in stocks

86th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Drop the daily, auto-generated "<stock> rises/falls" stories from Marketplace.

These "news" stories don't add anything of value that isn't already evident in the core Yahoo finance stock features. It also dilutes attention from otherwise valuable news on stocks within a portfolio.

Otherwise, I appreciate the concise, realtime format of the portfolio tables!

86th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. COVID body count bar

Give an option to get rid of the COVID count bar at the top of the page please

22nd ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. yahoo finance commercial music on Amazon

I am quite impressed with Yahoo Finance on Amazon TV but you NEED TO GET RID OF THE SOUND BYTE. Whe Yahoo goes to commercial there's a horrible noise. You may think it's music. It's horrible and so annoying. MAKE IT STOP . Surely there's a better sounding sound byte you can play that sounds good. Get rid or it. Every time the commercial is on, I can't mute it for 20 seconds , every time. CHANGE IT.

86th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base