I'd like to have the mail preview back. I don't want to have to open the email all the way to read it.
KA Ryan commented
PLEASE add preview pane - new version is NOT convenient. thanks for the help
K K commented
I agree....I'd like to have this feature as well seeing the preview pane when I open up email inbox.
Problems compared to old mail:
1. Doesn't automatically save drafts of new messages
2. Keyboard shortcuts, such as pressing "N" for new message don't work
3. Can not see a preview of messages
4. Can not delete a message with delete key
5. Inbox spread over multiple pages instead of just scrolling is inefficient
6. Can not click and drag messages into folder. Drop down menu is very inefficient as you have to scroll through all folders.
7. Can not collapse nested folders for a more compact view of the folders toolbar.
8. When entering a recipient for a message, the old mail would allow to to press tab to automatically fill in the highlighted recipient based on the first few characters. New mail does not and requires you to click with the mouse.
9. Attaching files now requires a separate screen to select the files and attach. Old mail this was one easy step.
10. Multiple files can no longer be attached at once. Each must be selected individually.
Ilse Krassnig commented
Id don't have the adjustments any mor and can't display the mail preview. Please add it again!!
1. Preview of mail not available
2. All the mails are not showing on a scrolling list
3. Auto complete of emails not working
4. Unable to drag & drop files for attachment
5. Everything takes extra step
6. Quick menus N, R, A, etc.. are not working
7. After search - I can't go through preview of previous or next email
8. Can't cut/paste image into the mail
So difficult to use!!! for So Many Users!! Hope these are going to be fixed soon!
john metcalf commented
Have used yahoo for years and always find the preview pane to be convenient time saver. Is there a chance you are returning it or maybe a place I can find it to add to my email@example.com ?? Thanks
manos alfa1 commented
When I click on an attachment, I would prefer to preview it instantly on the right side of the screen.
chloe sun commented
I can't delete by pressing the keyboard
I can't mark as read by clicking the round button next to the square box.
I can't click smoothly on the square box to select the emails...
I didn't see the "move to" button, it's very confusing.
I can't preview the emails, need to double click and read one by one???
I can't scroll down to select more than hundreds of email that I need to delete, need to delete page by page???
Too many problems that's can't finish to mentioned with this few look, and it's EXTREMELY slow!!!
Peter Travnik commented
There is a lot more stuf that suck on this "improved" version.
Also can't scroll through the folders section on the left separately or drag an email into a folder.
Also, I can't seem to list more than 25 emails on a page.
The newest version of email sucks, and now the "new" version of the "Classic" email sucks. News flash.......it isn't "classic" anymore if you change it!!!!! Please restore the original version of the Classic email so many of us are asking for.
**I can't delete a string of emails efficiently anymore. Instead of hitting hitting the shift button to delete consecutive emails, I now have to click on each one individually.
**I can't figure out how to get the preview window back.
**There is not a number anymore next to the trash cans adjacent to the spam and trash folder showing how many emails are in them. I do not want to have to open up the spam folder just to see if there are any emails in there.....and yes I check because legitimate emails occasionally find their way there.
In short......bring back the regular, vanilla, classic, basic email format.
Franck Abate commented
I see what you are doing here... No more preview of messages, when I click on a message that contains graphics, it's all offset and pretty much unreadable, displaying one third of the real estate. This is a terrible way to try and force people to your new version. For some of us that's just not feasible because we don't have the hardware (i.e., newer computers) that support the newer browser versions that support your "newer" version. What's so complicated about leaving people's mail client as they like it???? I'd love to know if you have a team dedicated or a master plan to make this version of your mail client particularly unreliable to force users to upgrade.
gregoire salvy commented
meme chose de mon coté. c'est pas drole ! je trouve pas la roulette parametre
A M commented
I do not like the new version as it doesn't allow a preview of an email. I would like to revert to the old version
Juston Gilmore commented
All I want to do is preview the emails without opening them
Emily Dale commented
Would prefer to have preview mails pane at below the list of emails, so can have a short preview before click in to view details
Can no longer preview with active cursor sender/messg info after upgrade! Please fix ASAP to identify SPAM!!!