New Mail Basic

Welcome to our Yahoo Basic Mail feedback forum! This is a place for you to help shape the new Yahoo Basic Mail experience. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to your Yahoo Mail.

Basic Mail provides base functionality like reading and writing messages, but does not include many of the advanced options. To use these features, we recommend upgrading to full-featured version of Yahoo Mail.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please visit our help site.
  3. For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.
  4. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

1. Navigation and filter in Inbox

1) In the Inbox, can we also have an option to filter emails yearwise?

2) Can we have an option to navigate through the page numbers in addition to the arrow keys in the inbox?

33rd ranked

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow me to delete multiple contacts

Allow me to delete multiple contacts

2nd ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Contacts needs a complete overhaul. Managing my contacts is less than basic.

Contacts needs a complete overhaul. Managing my contacts is less than basic. In fact I changed from New Yahoo Mail to Basic because I thought I might have better control but it wasn't. I have many 100's of contacts and if, for example, I want to delete multiple contacts, I can only do it one by one. No check boxes to select all and no individual selection of specific contacts.

I would also like to create groups for selected contacts and send email to that 'group' rather than having to select individual contacts (although the auto-select as I type does…

5th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. stop sending me "yahoo news"

I don't want your propaganda.

5th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Allow to view history of Deleted emails

Yahoo! only allows seeing approx 30 days of Deleted emails. Why isn't there an option to view older, years, of Deleted emails in case we need for documentation, legal, etc., purposes?

5th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Give me back my empty circle that pulls up all E-mails from that I can delete them as a whole vs. having to type the name in the search bar

The empty circle (that allows me to delete all mail from that party) is why I keep Yahoo and rarely use my Gmail account. Without it there is no reason to keep Yahoo.

5th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Allow us to right click and open emails in new tab.

I would like to be able to right click on my emails and open multiple ones at once just in new tabs in my browser.

5th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Videos in email

Where is the option to disable videos in email?
    I am tired of wasting my internet quota because of this ridiculous idea from you.
    Either you put an option to DISABLE VIDEOS or I will delete my email in a week.

33rd ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. make sure ALL graphics in an email can be printed

In case you are not aware, the new Yahoo Mail Basic does NOT print all graphics in emails. I have a Brother HL-L2320D printer, Windows 10 Pc, and I was not able to print all the graphics in emails from commercial sites sending me receipts such as Jet Blue. It took many hours to track down the problem and it was New Yahoo Mail Basic. How do I know you might ask? Because OLD Yahoo Mail Basic works perfectly.

5th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. the ability to view original message when accepting meeting requests

There was a lot of pertinent information in the original email, but as soon as I clicked "accept" for the meeting request, the original email disappeared and I could not access the information. Including the web link for the meeting

5th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Put SPAM button on deleted mail folder.

Deleted items currently have to be moved to inbox to be flagged as spam. This function should be available in deleted items also (and probably all mail folders.

5th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. import csv

Whatever happened to Import CSV Contacts???

You only have Export CSV...

5th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Make it possible to list all and only unread emails so I can clear them easily

Allow me to sort through unread emails quickly by separating them out in a list.

5th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

New Mail Basic

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base