Fantasy Football

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our self-paced help on our help site. This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. MAJOR FLAW

Just found out for the first time that yahoo gives the commish no setting to determine regular season tie breakers except to manually change it. I assumed for 15 years that the setting that says “playoff tiebreaker” that I had set to head to head record vs. opponent in regular season only determines a tie in score in the playoffs. This is so dumb in so many levels. First ties can only happen in noob 1 point PPR leagues with no fractional points, which I haven’t played since my first few years way back in 2004-2005. So yahoo gives us…

Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Tiebreakers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello Eric,

Thanks for your feedback.

We are continually working to refine our fantasy games and will get your suggestion to our product team.

As you know how the tiebreaker works for the regular season, I would suggest informing your league at the beginning of the year how the regular season tiebreakers work. If you want to use the head-to-head matchup as the first tiebreaker, then inform your league that at the end of the year you will be making a custom playoff bracket based on this set league criteria so there are no surprises when it is done.

Thanks,

Product Support

2. Allow the commisioner to rename teams

In our league, the team that gets dead last loses the right to control their team name for the next season (the fourth place winner gets to choose the name all season). Currently, we have no way to enforce this - the Commisioner cannot edit team names. Please allow the Commisioner to edit team names!

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow an option for one retroactive start/sit

Everyone hates having that guy on the bench who goes off for 40 points or a starter who gets scratched at the last second. This option would allow each team one start/sit switch to automatically be made every week after the games are done. Would add to strategical element of how to build a bench as well!

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Scoring  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Your Ratings / Levels Feature is Flawed

I think your ratings / levels feature is flawed. I lost 18 off my ratings after Week 14 of the 2019 season seemingly because 4 of my starters in 2 leagues went down with in-game injuries. The players were all healthy at the start of their games so I would have had to have been clairvoyant to know they would have got injured. I lost both matches as a result which seems to be the only criteria you use in this rating. If the rating is meant to evaluate team managing ability though, how are players going down with unforeseeable…

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Allow us to random draw and then enter the results. Every time Yahoo does it the commissioner ends up with the first pick.

Allow us to random draw and then enter the results. Every time Yahoo does it the commissioner ends up with the first pick.

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Draft Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

At the beginning of the season, the commissioner can enter custom draft order in the Edit Draft Order & Assign Keeper Players tab in the commissioner settings.

6. Playoff tie breakers should be determined by the bench players performance since the matchup is on that week's player's performances.

In playoff game situations, tiebreakers should be based on bench player's performance since the matchup is based on that week's performance. Why Yahoo chooses to default to previous matchups is beyond me. In fact, there should be NO ties during the year either, because bench could and should determine the difference in that week's matchups. Unbelievable that an adjustment of two yards on a player's performance put me into a tie situation and made me lose the game and my playoff bid because of that tiebreaker rule. Allow the commissioner's to determine tiebreaker rules...thanks Yahoo

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tiebreakers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. You guys messed up BIG Time

Saints blocked Indy punt in the first quarter but you did not give Saints D/ Special Teams credit. Because of your ***** up I lost the Semis.

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello Allen,

If the ball goes beyond the line of scrimmage, the punter is credited with a punt of that yardage. A blocked kick will not be credited.

If you refer to the Game Book, https://nflcdns.nfl.com/liveupdate/gamecenter/58123/NO_Gamebook.pdf, where we obtain our stats, you’ll find that no blocked punts were credited to the Saints as the ball was noted to be deflected by New Orleans and not blocked.

Thanks,

Product Support

8. D/ST

If a D/ST gets credit for a special teams touchdown (i.e. kickoff return), then D/ST should get negative points (i.e. points against total) when a fumble occurs on that special teams play and is returned for a touchdown by the opponent. Simply awarding a D/ST for touchdowns is counterintuitive and rewards teams who are reckless in their special teams plays.

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello James,

Items that count towards points allowed are all TDs scored against the defense or special teams from fake punts, field goals, returns from kickoffs/punts/blocked punts.

A TD return from an interception, fumble or blocked field goal does not count. In the case where two special teams are on the field and a fumble recovery was returned for a TD by the opposing team, it is perceived as a defensive scoring play, thus not counting against the other defense/special teams.

Thanks,

Product Support

9. On the first scoring drive between Dallas and Philadelphia Dac Prescott three a shuffle pass for a TD and scoring did not reflect a Touchdow

Give Dac Prescott a Touchdown for his Shuffel pass for the first touchdown against Philadelphia

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Battle Royale Weeks

Allow for the option of designating particular weeks as Battle Royale weeks where the top half of scorers get a win, and the bottom half get a loss. There is no way to do this under the current settings and we would like to play each team once, and then have Battle Royales in weeks 1 and 13.

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. baltimore ravens sacked ny jets qb on this thursday night game but i didn't get any points can you fix that please

can you put the ravens sack against jets thanks its not showing up for thursday 12/12/19 game thanks

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello Ella,

Scoring is not official during or after a player’s game and is not official until all receiving pending stat corrections have been applied for the league.

The Ravens should be credited with 1 sack in their scoring and stats. If you still see an issue, please reach out at help.yahoo.com or @YahooFantasyCC on Twitter so we can look into this for you.

Thanks,

Product Support

12. Ravens have a blocked field goal. No credit for that.

Ravens blocked a field goal vs Jets. No points applied

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello Foti,

Scoring is not official during or after a player’s game and is not official until all receiving pending stat corrections have been applied for the league.

The Ravens should be credited with 1 blocked field goal in their scoring and stats. If you still see an issue, please reach out at help.yahoo.com or @YahooFantasyCC on Twitter so we can look into this for you.

Thanks,

Product Support

13. Continuous waivers don't seem to be working

I have the league set up with continuous waivers which clear every day except Monday and Tuesday. They haven't cleared since Thursday and I'm getting alarmed messages from managers trying to pick up players right before the start of games. Something is not working with the waiver function!

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Waivers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Bring back the "old" Matchup ratings from last year.

In years past, under the Fantasy Football league resources there was a category called Research. It would have weekly matchup ratings for your own players or all players during the current season. Now it has ratings that include or maybe focus on what the players have done last year, and even back to 2017. The Matchup ratings we had in the past ONLY focused on the current season, which is much more relevant. They were very helpful in the past and I'm not sure why they changed this year.

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Add commish option to enable/disable stat corrections!

I understand stat corrections get delayed. But my teammates hate having their results changed 2-3 days AFTER the last game. PLEASE give commissioners the option to ENABLE or DISABLE stat corrections all together!

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Addittional Waiver period - "Game time - Wed"

Please add another option for the FAAB waiver claims. Can you please add "game time - wed". We would like the extra day to make our claims.

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Waivers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. When you force me to take someone off IR, tell me that this will mess up my waiver setup.

Yahoo forced me to take a person out of IR slot. What it didn't tell me was that I would no longer have an open spot and would make my waiver the following day invalid because I hadn't selected anyone to drop. When I setup the waiver, there was an open slot because of IR.

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Waivers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Scheduling Divisional Matchups

So currently, the only way to insure each team has an equal number of divisional matchups is to do it manually. Maybe something Yahoo can look into is to enable that to happen automatically as a commissioner tool. That way managers don't have to try and make the schedules work out so each team has the same number of divisional games (especially since divisional records is the tie breaker for regular season standings) ... seems like it should be an easy programming thing... match each team up once or twice (but all teams get the same # of divisional games)…

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. I'm in Fantasy FB League 793, The APP on my IPhone doesn't work, the screen goes black, all other fantasy sports sites work though.

I have deleted the APP from phone, then reloaded only to have the same problem. All other sports on the Yahoo Fantasy site work, the Pro Football part doesn't!! I have to use my laptop to do my Fantasy Football!! What to do next???

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base