Fantasy Football

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our self-paced help on our help site. This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. IDP position designation!

The IDP community would love to see DL/Edge. Edge rushers in 3-4 typically OLB it would be a beautiful thing to bring them together. There is too much inconsistency in what players are labeled DL/LB. Or let commissioners have the options to have control who should be labeled at respectful position designation. DL/EDGE IS THE EVOLUTION OF THE IDP!! THANK YOU

Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey Russell,

Thanks for taking the time to leave feedback.

Position eligibility is determined by a player’s past participation and info our data provider collects from NFL teams. Our data provider makes the final decision (there’s no set criteria) on position eligibility including when a new position is added.

We will get your comments and suggestions to our product team.

Thanks,

Product Support

2. Jaylen Samuels should not be listed as a RB/TE

Yahoo needs to remove the TE designation from Jaylen Samuels. If he's allowed to be dressed as a TE for the playoffs and is in fact a RB it could break the playoffs for many leagues

Signed in as (Sign out)

129 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

He’s had RB/TE eligibility all season. If we remove TE eligibility today, it would not take effect until this evening, after most claims had been made. We felt it was not fair to change so late in the day or season.

Samuels will remain an RB/TE in our game.

3. Let us turn off chat in mock drafts.

I want picks and information - not idiots and BS

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Cheating or Sportmanship  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Bring back "enter live draft now". Or much more open selections to enter live draft for that day.

I'm tried of searching for draft times. To which most I won't be available to participate. I remember 15 years ago all I had to do was enter number of teams n live or not draft and presto. Several teams appeared with time to select from. We need that now. I tried to create a league open to the public and was unable to. I don't want to send invites. I like it to be open to ALL yahoo members to join. Fast, simple and the way it should be.

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Draft Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Shawn,

Thank you for your feedback.

If you are looking for a Custom League, you can use the filters to narrow down a specific date and draft type you are looking for. If you have availability on June 13th for example, you can search for drafts on this date, see how many teams are in the league and join the league at the time that suits you.

If you’re looking to create a league and open it up to the public to join, make sure you’re following the steps located at https://help.yahoo.com/kb/opened-public-sln7211.html.

Thanks,

Product Support

5. Long time fantasy player on the Yahoo platform. I would love to see XFL fantasy offered on the Yahoo app.

Long time fantasy player on the Yahoo platform. I would love to see XFL fantasy offered on the Yahoo app.

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Edit Final Standings

Allow commissioners to edit final standings after the season ends. Someone else posted this but it was removed. Some of my leagues want the finals standings based off of the regular season standings and not the consolation bracket. This should be simple to add and done asap since we still have two weeks left. Allow it to be done the week after the season ends.

Signed in as (Sign out)

Responded  ·  3 comments  ·  Fantasy Profile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 7 Playoff Teams Option

My league has always tried to mirror the NFL with 16 teams and 6 playoff teams being half the NFL numbers. With the NFL now going to 14 teams I'd like to be able to have 7 playoff teams.

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Playoffs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Stop allowing back to back auto drafters, ruins drafts!!!!

Its not realistic , no one is going to the highest rated yahoo player every single round of the draft regardless of postion. Auto drafters distorts when you should draft what and when. Time out anyone that autodrafts 2-3 times in a row. People want to to draft with people not bots.

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello Eric,

We appreciate you taking time to leave feedback.

Auto draft works the same in mock drafts as it will in an actual draft for a league if managers cannot make the draft.

All starter positions are filled before bench positions.

You can’t designate which round a player is picked or a position is filled.
    Each round, autopick drafts the highest-ranked (pre-rank, then default rank) available player based on your position needs.

The system determines a max number of players to positions ratio, including bench, so that your roster positions are balanced.

Your feedback has been provided to our product team.

Thanks,

Product Support

9. Changes to Fantasy Football Settings:

Being a Yahoo Commish for 18 years, few changes NEEDED:

1) Since PPR is the new norm, please add scoring setting for Dropped Passes. We can add negative value for dropping passes. This can influence WR's and RB's who catch.

2) Add value changes, ie. RB who catches passes, add value where we can +/- points for any RB that has receiving yards. So if McCaffrey gets 100 yards receiving, we can make it 1 pt. per 20 yards receiving, and still have 1 pt. per 10 yards receiving for WR's.

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Scoring  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi James,

Thank you for leaving your feedback.

We are continually working to refine our fantasy games on a year-to-year basis for a good experience for our members. Your suggestions have been provided to our product team.

In the meantime, if you would like to use this type of scoring in your league, you can use the commissioner tools to edit the scoring for teams in the league each week. It will require some additional work on your end but you can determine the value and enter the negative amount for the points for dropped passes. You can also edit the scoring to account for 1 point per 20 yards as opposed to 1 point per 10 yards for a wide receiver.

The edit team points can be found in the commissioner tools under the Manage Other Teams setting of the tools.

Thanks,

Product Support

10. Improvements for Points Only and IDP Leagues

Hello,

I hope this message finds you all well. I was hoping to possibly make a couple suggestions for potential improvements in Yahoo Fantasy Football. My group loves using Yahoo and there were a few things we thought maybe it was worth reaching out about.

1. Option to put a “max” for player position on your roster. We play a mixed offense and IDP league. So it is very difficult to keep rosters balanced when there is no limit to the number of players per position. For example: maximum 6 RBs, 6 LB, etc. It’s a small thing but it really…

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Add IDP positions to "superflex" so be QB, HB, WR,TE,DB,LB,DL I believe this be a great "superflex" option

Running a 2Qb, IDP league myself would love this to be an option based on lack of QBs. With a league of 12 teams or more this would help with flexibility to also include IDP positions DB LB and DL .

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Are there to be no WINNERS LEAGUES in 2020??

….I won a PUBLIC LEAGUE in 2019 and there is no option to join a WINNERS LEAGUE in 2020 after clicking 'JOIN A LEAGUE' on the FANTASY FOOTBALL 2020 homepage

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Responded  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. 5 team playoff

Can you add 5 teams make the playoffs, kind of like a play in game. Seeds 4 vs 5 in week 14, with seeds 1,2,3 earning buys. Then the winner vs #1 and 2 vs 3 in week 15 and so on.

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Playoffs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Eric,

Thanks for your feedback.

We will get your suggestion to our product team.

If you would like to use this type of playoff this season, you will need to run your regular season through Week 14. You can edit the matchups for the week so the teams that would be the 4 and 5 seed will play one another in Week 14. You would also set up the league with a 4 team playoff format, so the playoffs would start in Week 15 and you would be able to edit the first round of the playoffs to set the matchups and seeds for the last 4 teams and continue with the playoffs.

Thanks,

Product Support

15. Make Edge Rushers DL Eligible

Players like TJ Watt, Von Miller, Khalil Mack, are some of the best players in the game. But in most formats they are hard to use because they are listed as a traditional linebacker. But most often they are on the line of scrimmage rushing the QB. They need to have the ability to be flexed as a DE/LB. Because their position is different from a 4-3 OLB or an ILB, they should have their own designation.

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Position Eligibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Currently I have tried to email everyone in the league including myself and it does not work

Currently unable to email people in the league. I send but it never shows up in peoples email boxes.

Signed in as (Sign out)

This could be due to filters that you or other members have set up that are marking the emails as junk. If you try this and it still doesn’t fix the issue, please reach out to us at help.yahoo.com.

17. Make Money League Available Again

You already had this working last year. It was beautiful... why did you remove it?

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. There should be an option for private best ball leagues.

Allow scoring to operate in a best ball format. Each week your lineup (already offered in the optimal lineup tab) to be used as a starting lineup, then the outcome of the game adjusted using the optimal lineup. Private league with best ball scoring.

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Kelly,

Thanks for your feedback.

We are continually working to refine our fantasy games for our members.

While there will not be Private Best Ball, it is something that is being looked into in the future.

Thanks,

Product Support

19. Why can't i see my watch list? Same problem on my phone and other Yahoo! leagues.

I am unable to see my watch list. Same problem on my mobile.

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Stat Correction - Patriots Defense - PLEASE FIX THIS! Giants scored 14 points. FIX THIS!

NY Giants scored 14 points. Stat Correction Please. You have incorrectly given the Patriots credit for 7-13 points against.

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Scoring  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The Giants defense scored on a fumble recovery. Since the Patriots defense was not on the field for this, they are not credited with allowing these points.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 24 25
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base