Fantasy Football

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our self-paced help on our help site. This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. MAJOR FLAW

Just found out for the first time that yahoo gives the commish no setting to determine regular season tie breakers except to manually change it. I assumed for 15 years that the setting that says “playoff tiebreaker” that I had set to head to head record vs. opponent in regular season only determines a tie in score in the playoffs. This is so dumb in so many levels. First ties can only happen in noob 1 point PPR leagues with no fractional points, which I haven’t played since my first few years way back in 2004-2005. So yahoo gives us…

Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Tiebreakers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello Eric,

Thanks for your feedback.

We are continually working to refine our fantasy games and will get your suggestion to our product team.

As you know how the tiebreaker works for the regular season, I would suggest informing your league at the beginning of the year how the regular season tiebreakers work. If you want to use the head-to-head matchup as the first tiebreaker, then inform your league that at the end of the year you will be making a custom playoff bracket based on this set league criteria so there are no surprises when it is done.

Thanks,

Product Support

2. Playoff tie breakers should be determined by the bench players performance since the matchup is on that week's player's performances.

In playoff game situations, tiebreakers should be based on bench player's performance since the matchup is based on that week's performance. Why Yahoo chooses to default to previous matchups is beyond me. In fact, there should be NO ties during the year either, because bench could and should determine the difference in that week's matchups. Unbelievable that an adjustment of two yards on a player's performance put me into a tie situation and made me lose the game and my playoff bid because of that tiebreaker rule. Allow the commissioner's to determine tiebreaker rules...thanks Yahoo

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Tiebreakers should be head to head wins first

I would like tiebreakers to be head to head winner first, then divisional win % second (if there's divisions), then to total points scored. That shouldn't be too difficult to change, because 2 of those 3 already exist in the program. This creates even more drama in weekly matchups.

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Please show ALL playoff tiebreakers on the Setting page

Show ALL tiebreakers on the settings page.

Our league only shows the first level tiebreaker, which was Head to Head record. It turns out Points Scored was the second level tiebreaker, but this was not displayed.

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. We need to be able to customize the tie-breaking procedure

For the past two years there has been some huge fights in our league based on tie-breaking procedures. We learned this year that the only way division record is a tie-breaking procedure is if it is for first in the division. So different seeds have different tie-breaking procedures.

For example,
    Currently in my league:
    The #9 seed is 5-6, 1-4 in their division and have 1,384.70 Points scored
    The #11 seed is 5-6, 4-1 in their division, are 1-0 vs the #9 seed (they play again in the regular season finale) and have 1,138.98 points scored.

So for the #9/#11…

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Create and Allow Customization of how Standings are Calculated/Tie-Breakers

Currently, Stanings are determined by overall record then head to head record when you have divisions. Please allow customization to have the tie-breaker for standings to go by overall record then most points for.

Currently, we have a division in which 2 teams are tied in record at 6-3, but one team has scored 200 more points than the other, but is listed as being in 2nd place only b/c that team lost in a head to head matchup earlier in the year with the other team.

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base