Yahoo Tech

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

How can we improve Yahoo Tech?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. please fix the attachments area. for some reason it is not working

please fix the attachments area. for some reason it is not working

75th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 166th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I would like to change my email address, just the address without creating a new email. Why cant i do that?

We should have the option to just change our email address without have to create a new email all together.

275th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. It would be helpful if an "ADD" photo jpeg option were available in the signature of emails.

It would be helpful if an "ADD" photo jpeg option were available in the signature of personal and small business emails.

275th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Preview documents

You need to put back on the feature to preview (download) a document prior to sending . It is very important in our business to make sure our customers get a good quality document

275th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. 275th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. By making it stop hanging ...

The amount of time hanging is obscene. so many other areas of trouble I wonder why I stay here.

275th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. 275th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Yahoo needs to RECOVER emails over 7days

Why is it that yahoo can recover mail up to 7days? This should be extended to 6months as I am certain you have archive folders which can backdate for 6years which monitor everyone's who uses Yahoo.
    Yahoo needs to allow users to archive emails whether they are in your inbox, deleted (permanently or temporarily) or spam in a special folder which cannot be deleted by any hackers and use security key passwords, like fingerprints, text to mobile phone etc

Do it to trap hackers!!

275th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. 56th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. STOP WITH THE **** EMAIL POP-UPS *******"S ANNOYING!

C'MON stop all the pop ups on yahoo email it keeps refreshing the dmn page! can't even type a full **** sentence!!!

51st ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Stop allowing pop-ups to block articles, pictures, or videos. It's rude !

Pop up ads should never block articles or pictures accompanying articles. It actually creates a negative reaction, and makes people resent the product being advertised. It is rude to pop up right in the middle of reading or watching something. Like butting in on a conversation. Impolite. Bad manners. Annoying. Please, cut it out !

5th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Stop pop ups

Things I'd like to see excluded: No More
    1) "sponsored" pseudoscientific articles from climate denial to fad diets.
    2) sensationalistic headlines leading to one sentence articles.
    3) pop ups
    4) layers and layers of pages I need to click through with deceptive icons that lead to advertisements
    5) Headlines that have nothing to do with content. Like "Huckabee clarifies remarks" leading to an article where he does precisely the opposite.
    6) auto play

7th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Apple vs FBI over Backdoor

Hi,

It appears that something significant is overlooked in the heated debates about the backdoor.

The recent models of iPhone and many other smart devices already have an effective backdoor, namely, a fingerprint scanner or a set of camera and software for capturing faces, irises and other body features which are easily collected from the unyielding, sleeping, unconscious and dead people. .

Leading media like you could advocate some or all of the following recommendations towards the readers.

- The vendors of those smart devices who are conscious of privacy and security of consumers could tell the consumers not to…

275th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Stop spamming yourself with your own ads!

Very annoyed that I can't even read yahoo articles without yahoo ads for other articles popping up. STOPP SPAMMING YOURSELF. We're already on Yahoo we get it, you want us to use Yahoo. I couldn't even read the live blog because of so many ads! Gosh.

69th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. 12th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. create an option on the toolbar to allow clients to delete all adds and popups

why not install an option for clients like a button or a feedback option to correct technical problems etc on toolbar.

18th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Report Button

Articles are being posted with questionable reputability and intent.

Here is an example of one such article, which is advertising 3rd-party software for home router configuration:

https://www.yahoo.com/tech/s/now-secure-home-wi-fi-network-just-one-190600114.html

The article is so offensive, that it has received nothing but negative feedback in the comments section. One such statement, is that the article itself is "Dishonest and unethical."

This led me to realize that Yahoo! articles do not have a REPORT function. This is crucial for user feedback, and expresses a level of unprofessionalism on Yahoo! News's part. There should be no excuse not to provide users with a way to contribute…

166th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. annoying pop period pop-ups may have get you before deletion.

Maybe advertisements can be in a corner so you can still see the info. These annoying ads & such I've seen take up the whole page. My friend inn Georgia is angry. ....and she doesn't have that quantity. Too much.....TOO MUCH POPUPS & ADS!

32nd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. First thing, I am not a Yahoo Tech reader. But I REALLY like the new Tech page in terms of format and content. The new format

Need to be able to have a preference for Simplified/Classic format and the new format.

First thing, I am not a Yahoo Tech reader. But I REALLY like the new Tech page in terms of format and content at times. The new format is nice as the world goes to tablets and touch screens.It is nice not to have to hit the back button.

But when you are not on a high speed network, (most of the time I am,) a more simpler pages are preferred.

If I'm at work, the network is slow due to a lot of security…

275th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 24 25
  • Don't see your idea?

Yahoo Tech

Feedback and Knowledge Base