Hi, please share your suggestions, we are listening

Remove commenting for all articles.

People are hateful, rude and often "troll." There is also evidence of fake accounts and bots.

60th ranked
Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anon shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

16 comments

Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Stephen Garrett commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What idiot came up with this idea? Has to be some wimpy easily offended left wing nut who wants to stifle speech they do not agree with.

• Dean schmitt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Argento got him drunk, removed his clothes, and performed oral and ******* *** without consent on an underage 17 year old boy. The media still referring to this allegations as "****** assault". They happily refer to her allegations against Weinstein as "****" though. Guess it must be because "men can't be raped."

• Ian Gordon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My comments have been getting deleted and none of them have violated Yahoo's policies. Yahoo...you need to get your act together and stop deleting peoples' posts that haven't done anything wrong.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't think comments should be removed but I think Yahoo should be monitoring much better to remove hateful and irrelevant content and trolling. I flag comments for removal where people call for others to kill themselves, etc. and when they are so off topic of the article's subject. We have the option to have those vile, threatening and trollish comments looked at and removed so USE FLAGGING but use it wisely. Don't flag people just because you don't agree with their opinion if they aren't being rude and are on topic. Last but not least, if you don't like comments, don't click.

• Daniel Thompson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes I'm afraid this may be the only effective solution that the company might be willing to enact. I've never met a racist who thought he was, but the comment sections are full of xenophobic and homophobic statements. Since the mass exodus of users to gmail and chrome you've been left with the users who don't adapt to change as well, and as a result of he who shall not be named, they've become vocal about their bigotry and nonsensical untruths. I am a proponent of letting people use their free speech rights even if they do lie and spread hatred, but it has gone too far. If the only solution is to silence us all here, so be it. I've been here since 96-97 and I'd like a rep to contact me.

• K commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Given the amount of spam, trolls, flame baiting, and more, (not to mention the occasionally phishing link) it's hard to feel that the feature is doing anything useful for the site and to have a "discussion" on the article.

In additon, by removing the comments, it's one less thing your staff would need to focus on/moderate, freeing up resources to do other stuff.

• K commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just remove comments all together from the Yahoo site

• VInce Klortho commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Somehow, yahoo's comment section does not work for me at all yet this does. I have made posts twice in this section and both received useless replies from the company and were closed from further comment. I have tried this from four different computers, two phones, five different browsers, and countless different connections. The really interesting thing is I can see the comment section easily and read them all when I am not logged in. As soon as I log in then it stops working. Maybe I'm banned and they are too clueless to notify me. I have no idea why I would be who knows?

• [Deleted User] commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Comments let us know what others think. Bad or good they give another way of knowing what others are thinking on various subjects. Without them we only have a one-sided story and are expected to believe what is given as fact. Others can and do sometimes provide valuable insight and even suggestions if people pick through to find it with an open mind.

• Jack Bell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Stop the bots! Is Yahoo doing anything about the trolling bot accounts that proliferate in the comment sections of news articles?

• nicholas plutchak commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I posted: "Misinformation campaign in full swing, yet again. This man's indictment has nothing to do with Trump, but you will believe what you want. I will continue to watch the fireworks show with a smile on my face, a crown on the rocks in my hand, and the dismay set in over the coming months for all of these gutless liberals.. It has truly been hilarious to watch these Hilldogs rampage with such rhetorical subjective certainty just because the 90% far left media tells them to."

And it was deleted multiple times from a comment section. Explain to me what word or words violate anything in your policy. I want a response to this inquiry.

• Wolf Jones commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You guys are censoring comments that aren't abusive and it needs to stop. You're about to find yourselves in court under a class-action lawsuit.

• Anon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

People are hateful, rude and often "troll." There is also evidence of fake accounts and bots.

Feedback and Knowledge Base