Hi, please share your suggestions, we are listening

Please stop playing videos on your homepage because I have limited data and the videos are eating it up.

Please stop playing videos on your homepage because I have limited data and the videos are eating it up.

85th ranked
Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

12 comments

Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Todd commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How does one turn off the auto play of videos, it is very annoying. Would be different if one was actually talking about the article the video is attached to. Really sucks

• Eric Lemmon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to just read about what I click on. When a video automatically plays it makes me not want to click on anything. Its obvious screen time and videos are becoming the norm. I look at why cannabis has been looked down on for so many years and it can be connected with when TV first came out and people got sucked into bogus propaganda. As people we need to be better and not try to make life so easy all the time. I just want to read and use my brain. I would like if when I click on a story I don't get a video automatically playing. If I choose to watch a video I should be able to click a button not click a button all the time to stop a video. Why make something load that may or may not be watched.

• Diane commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can no longer use Yahoo because 1. every article has a video and none warn me about this when I click on a link, 2. the video auto-plays and won't stop... ever. Obviously, if I scroll down past the video, I'm not interested, but I guess whoever shoots them is so worried nobody will watch their videos that they have the videos continuing to play on the right while we try to read the article. Naturally, this results in distracting jerking movements on the right, preventing anyone in a high internet traffic area from being able to scroll down through the article to read it and preventing us from being able to comment. I have repeatedly tried to pause the videos to no avail, and have clicked on the X, but that just takes me back to yahoo's homepage (out of the article). The message appears to be "If you want to read the story but not watch the video, we don't want you here." Not everyone has the internet connection speed you require to support this newest ADHD version of yahoo. Please give us some option that actually works to get rid of the videos or an overall option to block all video content.

• Angela Taylor commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Not giving us the ability to turn off celebrity **** + forced ads was bad enough, but we can't turn off autorunning videos?

• CAT ATONICUS commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

PUT IN AN AUTO VIDIO STOPPER THAT ACTUALLY WORKS. I HAVE MY ON AND STILL THOSE PHOKING TALKING HEADS START READING WHAT I AM PERFECTLY CAPABLE OF READING MYSELF IN PROBABLY 1/4 OF THE TIME AND WITHOUT THE STUPID INFLECTIONS IN MY VOICE. MAKE YOUR AUTO STOP PLAYER ACTUALLY WORK. CONSIDERING QUITTING YAHOO OVER THIS. IT TOTALLY SUCKS.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why are you auto playing videos that say "warning - graphic content?" Despite warning you dont give me a choice not to view it!

• Timothy G. Hess commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In your notes below, you indicate that either the problem was fixed or your engineers have identified the issue that is causing this (didn't say that it was fixed or going to be fixed), but guess what every friggin' article that has a video, that video automatically starts! Quit lying to your users and actually FIX THE PROBLEM! I believe it starts at the top!

• Kent L commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If I click an article to go read it, I don't want to be bombarded with video content. Recently I've noticed I can't turn off the video ads while I'm reading an article. I'm done with Yahoo if you continue forcefeeding me your video ads. That is over the top obnoxious to play video ads I didn't ask for, particularly the ones in the side banner that activate just by hovering over them. This is getting ridiculous.

Feedback and Knowledge Base