Hi, please share your suggestions, we are listening

Please stop playing videos on your homepage because I have limited data and the videos are eating it up.

Please stop playing videos on your homepage because I have limited data and the videos are eating it up.

131st ranked
Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

9 comments

Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Provide a delete button for your auto-play news videos that are offensive to email users.

• Angela Taylor commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Not giving us the ability to turn off celebrity **** + forced ads was bad enough, but we can't turn off autorunning videos?

• CAT ATONICUS commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

PUT IN AN AUTO VIDIO STOPPER THAT ACTUALLY WORKS. I HAVE MY ON AND STILL THOSE PHOKING TALKING HEADS START READING WHAT I AM PERFECTLY CAPABLE OF READING MYSELF IN PROBABLY 1/4 OF THE TIME AND WITHOUT THE STUPID INFLECTIONS IN MY VOICE. MAKE YOUR AUTO STOP PLAYER ACTUALLY WORK. CONSIDERING QUITTING YAHOO OVER THIS. IT TOTALLY SUCKS.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why are you auto playing videos that say "warning - graphic content?" Despite warning you dont give me a choice not to view it!

• Timothy G. Hess commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In your notes below, you indicate that either the problem was fixed or your engineers have identified the issue that is causing this (didn't say that it was fixed or going to be fixed), but guess what every friggin' article that has a video, that video automatically starts! Quit lying to your users and actually FIX THE PROBLEM! I believe it starts at the top!

• Jared Reed commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i would like the choice of playing a video or not. That is not a big deal to implement.

• Kent L commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If I click an article to go read it, I don't want to be bombarded with video content. Recently I've noticed I can't turn off the video ads while I'm reading an article. I'm done with Yahoo if you continue forcefeeding me your video ads. That is over the top obnoxious to play video ads I didn't ask for, particularly the ones in the side banner that activate just by hovering over them. This is getting ridiculous.

Feedback and Knowledge Base