Yahoo Homepage

Welcome to our Yahoo Homepage feedback forum!

If you would be interested in participating in User Research studies for Yahoo Homepage, please fill out this form.

This is a place for you to help shape the Yahoo Homepage experience. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to your Yahoo Homepage.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please visit our community support forum or find answers on our help site.
  3. For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.
  4. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

Hi, please share your suggestions, we are listening

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Please allow us to filter the homepage news. I love Yahoo but the liberal news propaganda is disgusting.

I just want to be able to block content from appearing on my homepage. It's really annoying to have to see such obvious propaganda and hate news in order to get to my email. I used to love reading the days events but you've alienated me and I get my news and entertainment from other sources now. Provide ALL content and let your customers set filters for what they want to see. Please be fair.

12th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Gathering feedback  ·  71 comments  ·  Feature Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Please stop including videos in little boxes to the side when a page has been scrolled.

As the title states, stop including the video at the top of the page in a little box to the side. Whose dimwitted idea was this? If I want to watch a video I will leave the page where it is and I will watch it. If I don't want to watch a video or I already have then I will scroll down the page so how is it a good idea to continue showing the video as I scroll? This is one of the most ridiculous things I have ever seen. To give you an idea of just how…

45th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Feature Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. No videos in place of top news stories

I am not happy that you have replaced the bank of top stories with cheesy human interest videos that--even worse--autoplay when I load the page. This is ridiculous. Please bring back the top *news* stories, in text format, not video.

141st ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Feature Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Enough British royal articles

We don't need to see day after day of their ****.

69th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  4 comments  ·  Feature Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. More "Feel Good" human interest, non-celebrity, non-political stories please!

Yahoo used to carry more feel good stories before the 2016 campaign heated up. Lots of comments in yesterday's CBS story you carried about the lunch stealing labs had people saying they wanted more. We all can use the reprieve from the constant political and celebrity stories. We can all use stories about regular people like us doing nice things. Please consider adding MORE upbeat content like about the dogs or the boy in foster care who wants to be adopted. We're overloaded with the famous!

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/m/a966dabe-957c-30a3-8b38-04cc2c03cdc0/dogs-steal-mail-carrier%27s.html?messageId=1d91ecab-2313-4802-8cff-022fba03e9f5&replyId=fc8a8653-8952-4e26-b95f-65458f8f3399&bcmt=1

88th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Feature Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 52nd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  7 comments  ·  Feature Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Dark theme, and card material

A dark theme would increase my visits at night.

The column with the news should be fleshed out. It should show shadows on the edges to make it look like a card material.

239th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Feature Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. down vote

Please add a down vote or remove button. Some stories that I could care less about stay on your front page for days. I would really like to remove them and never see them again.

67th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. stop pushing your ant-American agenda

Yahoo editors need to stop pushing their anti-American agenda. They have deleted over 20 posts about this in the last 4 days. Your editors obviously are either illegal aliens or proponents of terrorists.

17th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  7 comments  ·  Feature Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. why not give the users the option to filter selected news outlets so we can see more of what interests us and not what doesn't.

why not give the users the option to filter selected news outlets so we can see more of what interests us and not what doesn't.

43rd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  11 comments  ·  Feature Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Add video autoplay disable choice

I do not want to waste all my mobile data on the videos that download and autoplay before I can turn them off. Sometimes I am in a quiet place and want to check my phone then up pops an article with a video and sound. Scramble to turn volume down, look around embarrassed.... Please just give us an option for autoplay disable.

55th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  5 comments  ·  Feature Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. December 7th - Pearl Harbor Day

Not a thing about this important part of both US and world history. Instead, it is a continual feed of political bashing on one side of the aisle and love-affair with hollywood celebrities. Start featuring real content and not the same re-hash of the same thing.

246th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Feature Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. 246th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Feature Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. do better notifying of a rival's (cnn) evacuation for a bomb threat

do better notifying of a rival's (cnn) evacuation for a bomb threat

246th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. 246th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. move 50 % of the sports to the sports secotion not the news. bring back the crime stories

move 50 % of the sports to the sports secotion not the news. bring back the crime stories

221st ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Please stop popping up comments at the bottom of the page. It blocks content. I "X" out the pop-up comments, but they just reappear.

If people want to read comments, they will go to the bottom. I am reading a story, but the comment pop-up blocks the page. At least have the system stop popping up again after I closed it out. 99% of people hate pop-ups, and that 1% is deranged. This is a new feature I believe, but it is horrible.

79th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  5 comments  ·  Feature Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. NSFW Filter on newsfeed and ads

Can we get a filter so that certain times of the day, ads/commercials and articles that have scantily clad folks (this affects/applies to both genders) and certain racy topics won't show up?

This way, those of us who are at work, don't have to run the risk of running into them?

194th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. 110th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Feature Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Run your comment section like reddit.

If you post a comment you can never find what you posted or what other think of your idea. This is not a healthy way to discuss topics and no further understanding comes of it. Also its impossible to find yahoo stories that fall off your scroll.

246th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base