Yahoo Homepage

Welcome to our Yahoo Homepage feedback forum!

If you would be interested in participating in User Research studies for Yahoo Homepage, please fill out this form.

This is a place for you to help shape the Yahoo Homepage experience. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to your Yahoo Homepage.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please find answers on our help site.
  3. For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.
  4. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

Hi, please share your suggestions, we are listening

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Please stop playing videos on your homepage because I have limited data and the videos are eating it up.

Please stop playing videos on your homepage because I have limited data and the videos are eating it up.

131st ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering feedback  ·  9 comments  ·  Feature Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Please allow us to filter the homepage news. I love Yahoo but the liberal news propaganda is disgusting.

I just want to be able to block content from appearing on my homepage. It's really annoying to have to see such obvious propaganda and hate news in order to get to my email. I used to love reading the days events but you've alienated me and I get my news and entertainment from other sources now. Provide ALL content and let your customers set filters for what they want to see. Please be fair.

8th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  96 comments  ·  Feature Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. No videos in place of top news stories

I am not happy that you have replaced the bank of top stories with cheesy human interest videos that--even worse--autoplay when I load the page. This is ridiculous. Please bring back the top *news* stories, in text format, not video.

71st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Feature Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. content filter by category

Allow to filter content by category, not just source. I don't want to see any sports content but I'm still seeing it from the Associated Press but I want to keep them as a news source.

107th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  6 comments  ·  Feature Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Too much sports on front page.

I want to see other news items other sports.

145th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Feature Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Remove the upvote/downvote system in the comment section

It's pretty common knowledge that Yahoo comment sections are absolute toxic dumpsters. Every discussion on any tangentially politics-related post inevitably gets incredibly polarized towards one political extremity. And the reason for this is the upvote/downvote system that is painfully easy to manipulate to steer the discussion one way or another. If Yahoo isn't going to do a proper job of moderating their comment sections and aren't willing to do away with it entirely (which is understandable), then please just remove the upvote/downvote system and just auto-sort the comments by most recent or something instead. All the upvote/downvote system does is…

168th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Feature Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Enough British royal articles

We don't need to see day after day of their ****.

44th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  12 comments  ·  Feature Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Your entertainment headlines of late are getting very, very, spoiler-y. Please suppress that trend.

Self explanatory. Right now you're almost the kid that screamed, "Snape kills Dumbledore!" Everyone on the planet doesn't get the opportunity to see everything the first hour it's out. Edit your headlines in such a way as not to disrupt the enjoyment of the masses.

208th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Feature Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Please bring back local and world news

There is no where on yahoo to look at World News, no where to find Local News, no links to political cartoons or other cartoonists, almost never any science articles, and your sports page usually reads like high school students with no sports experience is writing the articles. Even as a democrat myself I find the far left political bias to be infuriating and the misandry oozes off the website like a sinus infection. Why?

134th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. what happened to be able to control what was on the right side of the site?

I mean I lost the weather app but get to see the march madness Don't care about that but like to know if I should get up earlier if the weather is ******...

203rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 126th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. More "Feel Good" human interest, non-celebrity, non-political stories please!

Yahoo used to carry more feel good stories before the 2016 campaign heated up. Lots of comments in yesterday's CBS story you carried about the lunch stealing labs had people saying they wanted more. We all can use the reprieve from the constant political and celebrity stories. We can all use stories about regular people like us doing nice things. Please consider adding MORE upbeat content like about the dogs or the boy in foster care who wants to be adopted. We're overloaded with the famous!

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/m/a966dabe-957c-30a3-8b38-04cc2c03cdc0/dogs-steal-mail-carrier%27s.html?messageId=1d91ecab-2313-4802-8cff-022fba03e9f5&replyId=fc8a8653-8952-4e26-b95f-65458f8f3399&bcmt=1

70th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Feature Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Bring back Yahoo Games!!!

Yahoo! Games were so popular back in the day and would still be today. Such a great variety of games and tournaments run 24/7 by some great sites. Bring these games back!

227th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Why is there NO news about the Police being shot in Houston??? Does it not meet your democritic views since it was blacks that shot them?

Why is there NO news about the Police being shot in Houston??? Does it not meet your democritic views since it was black drug dealers that shot them?

227th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 89th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Feature Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. 38th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  9 comments  ·  Feature Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Bring back Messenger!!!!

I miss my friends.

192nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Need a source shown with mouse hover:

I have removed huffington post from the news feeds, yet you

display stories with no source, & I click & some are huffington

post. I do not wish to support huffington post, not even by

accident. You need where with a mouse hover, it tells you the

news organization, so one can decide to support them.

256th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Please vet anyone who leaves comments by making it a requirement they have a real working phone number. This would stop 50% of the Russians.

If you make having a real working phone number a requirement to leave comments then you can throttle the amount of fake accounts posting on yahoo. The huge number of Russian and international trolls create an issue with people. Please implement comment security better so that at least we can know you tried something to make it harder for automated bots and paid spies to sway public opinion.

256th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Be able to make a poll so people can vote in the group chat

Be able to make a poll so everyone in the group can vote on it !!!!!

256th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base