Finance

Welcome to the Yahoo Finance Feedback Forum, the place where you can make product suggestions and provide feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and use your feedback to make positive changes.

Note: this forum is not monitored for support-related issues, so if you need help with a problem or have a question, please visit our Help Site where you can Contact Us.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

How can we improve Yahoo Finance?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Thank you for TOTALLY SCREWING UP the way the portfolio pages are now printing!

Would you PLEASE go back to the portfolio screen printing routine that was in place through through last Friday (11 Jan 2019). Get rid of all of the additional header data that you are now forcing to be printed. WHY does Yahoo constantly get rid of good ideas and replace them with ****???

33rd ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Under review  ·  5 comments  ·  Portfolio Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. yahoo finance web showing 'portfolio currency' problem started on Feb 8 2019, abruptly total sum switched from CAD to USD

"no" , problem still exists , saga continues. BTW, You don't even need to ask me if problem persist. just try and see for yourself.

1-create a dummy yahoo email id
    2-then login to canada ca.finance.yahoo.com
    3-create a portfolio with single entry ie. even cash ie 100 $
    4-once you save, you ll see all reported in usd you cant change it.

When you fix this it means it is fixed. also click and try to edit currency it will not be possible.

Thanks for the reply.

85th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Bugs, issues, or error message  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Speed up the web page

I'm a long time fan who has started seeking quotes elsewhere because for some reason the Yahoo Finance page has become very slow. I really like the functionality and hope this can be fixed.

43rd ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Bugs, issues, or error message  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Issue with Adobe Flash

Error message about Adobe Flash

Yahoo Finance the videos are showing a message that we need the latest Adobe Flash Player to view them. My computer already has Adobe Flash 32.0.0.114 which is the latest per the Adobe web site. Please get these incompetent programmers to fix the issue. Also Yahoo should be advised that Adobe Flash will be discontinued by the end of 2020 .. So your video creators should start moving things over to the current method of HTML5 ... Also there is a link to get the new Adobe Flash on the video screen, but being wary…

189th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs, issues, or error message  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. where are the news events that were particular to just my my portfolio ??? you have totally ruined my portfolio page

I used to go to my own personal portfolio page and get news events that were just for my stocks. WHERE IS THAT ???? or have you just decided to eliminate what was absolutely helpful .. Now im stuck with a lot of bs videos and news I DO NOT WANT .. GO BACK TO WHAT WORKED !

63rd ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Dislikes this feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. johannesburg data

Can you fix the Johannesburg Stock (.JO) exchange data. Up to 12 September 2018 you are showing the price in Rands, but on 13 September 2018, you started showing the price in cents which means the chart has jumped by 100 x. You need to multiply all historical prices by 100 prior to 13 September 2018 to correct it. At the moment it is not possible to view charts correctly.

189th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Incorrect or outdated data  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your post!

Our Engineers have been notified and are actively working on addressing this issue with the .JO historical data.

Have a great day!

Regards,
    Yahoo Finance

7. It's 9:22 AM and there are no premarket quotes on any of my portfolios.

It's 9:22 AM and there are no premarket quotes on any of my portfolios.

189th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Bugs, issues, or error message  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Update Localiza's (RENT3) total share number after follow on

Please update Localiza (RENT3) total shares after the follow on. The market cap that you are showing is wrong.
    We hope that you can adjust quickly.
    Regards,

189th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Incorrect or outdated data  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Unable to edit portfolio data

I have five portfolios. I can click on "Portfolios" and obtain the balances in each. When I select one of them to maintain balances, the screen goes blank and says something like "Cannot obtain your portfolio at this time. You might try to refresh the page" . Refreshing the page is not successful.
    Thank you

189th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Bugs, issues, or error message  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Please fix option quotes

There are many missing expiration dates and contracts. For example, IWM has no contracts for the 2019-04-18 expiration.

189th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Incorrect or outdated data  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. "Pasting" data has a bug.

"Pasting" data has a bug.

In the "My Holdings View" of a portfolio, if you"paste" in the number of share held - results just go to zero.
    If you key in the number - it works fine.
    Please fix so I can copy and paste data into my portfolio, as I used to do.

PS - the up and down options in the cells are sort of a waste. They only allow you to increment or decrement in whole numbers, not any fractions or values below 1. Most people get share dividends that include fractions, and as a result, share…

189th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Portfolio News QCOM Investor's Business Daily Video • Sun 4:38 PM Qualcomm Goes Beyond Core Mobile Market and Apple In These Growth Segments

Above headline with same content has now occupied the 1st line of `Portfolio News`for 10 days or so. On other boards that would be deemed 'Spam'.

189th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Dislikes this feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. please check the conversations for tenaris. they are all about tesla not tenaris. someone on your staff is an idiot.

please have someone check the conversations for tenaris. they are all about tesla not tenaris. you are doing a disservice to tenaris shareholders and those wishing to converse with other interested parties. thank you

189th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. mute

Mute button in conversations doesn't work. I have to mute every post for a user to be rid of their posts and the next time I login there are more posts. On some stock conversations there are users posting things that have nothing to do with the stock. I try muting and I try reporting abuse, but these posters persist.

189th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Total gain (%) of sold stocks is incorrect

I've bought 300 stocks at $20.80 (total = $6,240); and sold (-300) at $23.60 (total = $7,080).
    The total gain was $840, which is correctly indicated in my portfolio.
    However, the %Total gain indicated is 6.31% instead of 13.46%. It seems that you are dividing the Total Gain ($840) by the sum of the buying ($6,240) and the selling ($7,080) amounts, while the gain should be relative to the investment amount only ($6,240).

Let me know if the information is unclear of there is a better way to incorporate gains to portfolio.

Thank you.

63rd ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs, issues, or error message  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Ticker Search Field

Recently, whenever I first type in a symbol into the ticker search field and hit "enter", it seems to always pull up the wrong company. I need to again type the symbol slowly to make sure the site finds the symbol before I hit enter. It seems the site is too slow to "lookup" the symbol in the suggested tickers that show below the search field, so even though I type the full, correct symbol that I want to view, the "suggested search" options that show haven't caught up to my typing. It's just a big annoyance that is somewhat…

85th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Feature difficult to use or find  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello Paul,

Thank you for reaching out about this inquiry. We would like to gather some additional details so we can further investigate. In your next post, please provide the browser, device, and URL where this happens.

We appreciate your help!

Regards,
    Lyndsay

17. when looking at options for a particular

in Stock quotes, when I click on Options, I can now only see "in the money" Options. I cant seem to change it to show "all"Options.

By default it always has shown "all" Options.

please help to restore. thx

189th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Don't display portfolio stocks in Recently Viewed

I have two portfolios, after tax and IRA. When I do my daily analysis, I notice that my looking into those stocks will displace potentially interesting stocks I had in the Recently Viewed listing. I understand I can add my interest into the Watchlist but that can get overly crowded and if my given attention span on a given stock may only be for a couple of days, I would hope a shortcut would still exist in my Recently viewed. Besides, if a stock is already listed in either my Watchlist OR Portfolios, why replicate those items under Recently Viewed? …

189th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. I'd like to see more discussion around the Russell Two Thousand in your original programming.

Include the Russell Two Thousand more frequently in your original programming (Market Movers, Midday Movers, Final Round) when discussing indexes. There are a lot of people that trade the Russell.

189th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Balance Sheet

Change Net Tangible Assets to Net Intangible Assets
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    On the balance sheet under equity where "Net Tangible Assets" is listed to subtract intangible assets from equity.

I believe it should say "Net Intangible Assets".

Thanks, I Yahoo finance is incredibly helpful!

189th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base