Finance

Welcome to the Yahoo Finance Feedback Forum, the place where you can make product suggestions and provide feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and use your feedback to inform changes.

We recently launched a new version of Yahoo Finance for desktop so let us know what you think!

To post a new idea, type your idea into the search bar below and select “Post a new idea.” To review and vote on existing ideas, type your idea into the search bar or look below to filter ideas by trending (Hot), recent (New), and most votes (Top).

Note: this forum is not monitored for support-related issues, so if you need help with a problem or have a question, please visit our Yahoo Finance Community Support Forum or Help Site.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

How can we improve Yahoo Finance?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Incorrect change data for several indexes on 12.6.17. CAN WE PLEASE GET THIS PROBLEM FIXED?

The biggest issue is the Russell 2000 index. The summary page for the ^RUT says the prior day's close was 1532.41, with today's change 22.13 points. But your historical prices page says the Tuesday close was 1516.76. The change is about 7 points. In point of fact, 1532.41 was the MONDAY close. This is continuing problem that REQUIRES ATTENTION. And the fact I have to stop what I am doing with your data to figure out if it is correct is time-consuming.

Here is the Russell historical price page URL
    https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/%5ERUT/history?p=%5ERUT

307th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

21 comments  ·  Incorrect or outdated data  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Charles,

Wow, thanks for the detailed information on this. The issue regarding the incorrect closing figures on the summary page has been raised to the appropriate teams.

For the other inquiry regarding closing data for ETF’s can you please make a separate post. Thank you!

Regards,
    -Finance Support

2. Annualized gain returns, but is not working

I see that annualized gain has (finally) returned as an option in portfolios. However, it is not working in customized portfolios, even though it works just fine under the 'my holdings' tab.

354th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Bugs, issues, or error message  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. The reason that ^VXV always shows the wrong data is that there are multiple data records for Oct 19 in the database

The reason that ^VXV always shows the wrong data is that there are multiple data records for Oct 19 in the database. The correct record works just fine. The other record however shows up at the top of the "Historical data" listing (violating the "date order") and is picked for all other views thus showing ^VXV -100% every day...

Suggestion: Remove the data record that produce this error.

Thank you ;-)

542nd ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Bugs, issues, or error message  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. CSLT: Incorrect market cap metric

https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/CSLT/key-statistics?p=CSLT

The market cap is too high for CSLT. Total shares outstanding, based on the Company's most recent 10-Q filing, is 133.7mm shares (53mm Class A and 80.7mm Class B). At today's closing price of 3.70, the implied market cap based on these metrics is about $495mm. Your feed shows about $696mm. Please review and correct.

Best,

Gary J. Fuges, CFA
    Head of Investor Relations
    Castlight Health (NYSE: CSLT)

720th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Incorrect or outdated data  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. option high open interest rows control broken

On this page:

https://finance.yahoo.com/options/highest-open-interest

The number of rows shown does not match the number of rows chosen by the selector (25/50/100). Please fix as soon as possible. Thanks.

542nd ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Incorrect or outdated data  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. WPP

WPP, PLC is now traded on the NYSE under ticker symbol "WPP". Until recently, it was traded on the NASDAQ under "WPPGY" since it is an ADR. When I search Yahoo for the current price of WPP, it pulls the most recent price from the old ticker (last updated November 27) rather than from the new ticker on the NYSE. The stock has appreciated approximately 5% during that time, so the value is quite out of date.

Can this get fixed soon please?

Thanks from a loyal user,

Jonathan

720th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Incorrect or outdated data  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Wrong fund name

Hi, I work for the Liberty All-Star Equity Fund and the fund's name listed on Yahoo Finance is wrong. Yahoo is calling us Columbia Funds Trust XII. We have no affiliation. I've contacted Capital IQ and EDGAR. Capital IQ made the change but said Yahoo doesn't pull from them for our fund and Edgar said their data was correct and I needed to contact Yahoo. Could you please let me know how I can change this Fund name error? Thank you.

720th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Incorrect or outdated data  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. real-time price change

Your real-time price change data is not in synch
    While Change column indicates negative value, Day Gain indicates positive value - in general i have noticed Day Gain column is more accurate - closer to actual real-time data.
    Please fix the issues asap.
    Thanks.

542nd ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs, issues, or error message  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Cannot delete portfolio > The delete portfolio does not appear for a portfolio when I bring it up???

I bring up a portfolio (renamed it Delete) and for some reason under settings - Delete portfolio no longer appears. I renamed it again and the Delete Portfolio STILL does not appear. Howvere it does appar for other portfolios???? How do I fix this.

Thank You

270th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Bugs, issues, or error message  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for reaching out.

It appears that an advertisement is “covering” the option to “Delete Portfolio.” I’ve reached out to our Engineering Team to get this resolved. In the meantime, you can click the “x” next to the ad to remove it from your screen and you’ll then see the option to “Delete Portfolio.”

Thank you!
    Finance Support

10. No data.

No data. Tangerine Balanced Portfolio (F000000S68.TO)

720th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Incorrect or outdated data  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. pggax

PGGAX is the ticker for American Funds Global Growth Portfolio Class A. Yahoo Finance has it for Principal Large Cap Growth. I asked for a correction a few weeks ago and it was corrected but for some reason it is now back to showing the name for PGGAX as the Principal fund and not the American Fund.

720th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. LOV market cap

The share count for Spark Networks is incorrect. The new share count following the close of the merger (which occurred 11/2/17) should be 13,173,775, resulting in a market cap of ~$135MM (using $10.25 per share).

720th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. why are the historical closing stock prices adjusted for splits?

the adjustment for splits and dividends should only be only reflected in the adj stock prices? why reflect the splits in the historical closing prices ? it is incorrect, please fix it...

181st ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  10 comments  ·  Incorrect or outdated data  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. chart of 5284.KL can not view more than one month

I am not sure, this stock only can view one month price data. The stocks is listed long enough to view a 6 months chart. Please correct it.

https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/5284.KL?p=5284.KL

720th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs, issues, or error message  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. missing financials for Alcoa

You are missing all Financial data both annual and quarterly for Alcoa (AA) Income Statement, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow are all blank. Data available at other webpages, why not Yahoo?

720th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Intermittently missing Portfolio entries & doesn't save changes

Sometimes the entries in a Portfolio are missing then after numerous attempts they reappear! Sometimes it will nor save enties in My Holdings. Sometimes it will not save a reordering of the rows even after pressing "Save Order"

307th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Bugs, issues, or error message  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. MMLP Market Cap

Please update the Market Cap information for MMLP. I submitted the correct information a week ago and it has yet to be updated. This is causing problems. Comments like the one from DSR from 5 days ago stating MMLP has lost $500 million of its value is a problem for the company and are untrue. This only appears true because Yahoo has yet to update the information. Please update the information ASAP.

720th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Incorrect or outdated data  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. STOCK PRICE ERROR

Ticker "HACK" has expense ration of 0.75% which is incorrect. It should be 0.65%.

720th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Incorrect or outdated data  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. The order of My Portfolio is mixed up at my.yahoo.com. If I go to My Portfolio, the order is correct, but not at my.yahoo.com.

My Portfolio is correct in My Portfolio, but, if I go to my.yahoo.com, it is mixed up. I've tried reordering, etc., it is always mixed up at my.yahoo.com.

354th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  3 comments  ·  Bugs, issues, or error message  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Incorrect symbol associated with MGG on ASX

MGG is listed as Cullen Resources Limited which I am sure no longer exists. MGG.AX is Magellan Global Trust that recently listed on the Australian Stock Exchange. Please review and amend. Thanks

720th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Incorrect or outdated data  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 24 25
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base