Finance

Welcome to the Yahoo Finance Feedback Forum, the place where you can make product suggestions and provide feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and use your feedback to inform changes.

We recently launched a new version of Yahoo Finance for desktop so let us know what you think!

To post a new idea, type your idea into the search bar below and select “Post a new idea.” To review and vote on existing ideas, type your idea into the search bar or look below to filter ideas by trending (Hot), recent (New), and most votes (Top).

Note: this forum is not monitored for support-related issues, so if you need help with a problem or have a question, please visit our Yahoo Finance Community Support Forum or Help Site.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

How can we improve Yahoo Finance?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Now I can't add or delete stocks from my portfolios!!!

Why won't you listen to the throngs of users begging for the classic version of Yahoo Finance? Is your team daft, stubborn or have delusions of cleverness? Are the users incapable of making an appropriate choice? Isn't the verge of Yahoo! irrelevance motivation enough to cater to the desires of long-term users? How about an answer to my e-mail address as a good will indication that you have some semblance of regard for long time users of your products and features?

53rd ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Under review  ·  16 comments  ·  Bugs, issues, or error message  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Cannot delete portfolio > The delete portfolio does not appear for a portfolio when I bring it up???

I bring up a portfolio (renamed it Delete) and for some reason under settings - Delete portfolio no longer appears. I renamed it again and the Delete Portfolio STILL does not appear. Howvere it does appar for other portfolios???? How do I fix this.

Thank You

270th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Bugs, issues, or error message  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for reaching out.

It appears that an advertisement is “covering” the option to “Delete Portfolio.” I’ve reached out to our Engineering Team to get this resolved. In the meantime, you can click the “x” next to the ad to remove it from your screen and you’ll then see the option to “Delete Portfolio.”

Thank you!
    Finance Support

3. why are the historical closing stock prices adjusted for splits?

the adjustment for splits and dividends should only be only reflected in the adj stock prices? why reflect the splits in the historical closing prices ? it is incorrect, please fix it...

195th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  10 comments  ·  Incorrect or outdated data  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Intermittently missing Portfolio entries & doesn't save changes

Sometimes the entries in a Portfolio are missing then after numerous attempts they reappear! Sometimes it will nor save enties in My Holdings. Sometimes it will not save a reordering of the rows even after pressing "Save Order"

350th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Bugs, issues, or error message  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. holdings data missing

Some of my holdings are frequently missed with My Portfolio.
    This has occurred since the beginning of this week.
    I registered some 70 issues in My Portfolio, and, certain stocks' holding data are lost sometimes.
    Specifically, values of BEN, KO, GILD, CNI, SP, GIS are lost frequently.
    Reloading the page works but fully doesn't.
    So, I have to reload twice or more.
    When those data are lost, the issues disappear among downloaded CSV data also.

699th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Incorrect or outdated data  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Dow Chemical stock listed on your site has not updated since August 31st. Why?

Dow Chemical stock listed on your site has not updated since August 31st. Why?

532nd ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Incorrect or outdated data  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 182nd ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  5 comments  ·  Bugs, issues, or error message  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Incorrect stock information

Using quote lookup on Yahoo Finance US, incorrect news items are posted.

Symbol ARCC (Ares Capital) results in news items for Arabian Cement, an Egyptian Stock Exchange entity

Symbol GPC (Genuine Parts) results in news for Gunpowder Capital, a Toronto Stock Exchange entity

This is exceptionally sloppy, and yet another failure of the new Yahoo Finance design.

305th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Incorrect or outdated data  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. 207th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Dislikes this feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. The order of My Portfolio is mixed up at my.yahoo.com. If I go to My Portfolio, the order is correct, but not at my.yahoo.com.

My Portfolio is correct in My Portfolio, but, if I go to my.yahoo.com, it is mixed up. I've tried reordering, etc., it is always mixed up at my.yahoo.com.

427th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Bugs, issues, or error message  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. NEW NOT GOOD! the old chart has averages moving with the stock price,GOOD

Your PE is really really bad. I cross check with Scottrade, Fidelity, and Merrill and none agree with yours. The reason for checking is that I lost $5k because I thought your PE was correct.

350th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Incorrect or outdated data  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Historical data for symbol JWA is not displaying

Please fix the problem with historical data for this particular stock Thanks.

699th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Bugs, issues, or error message  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. 532nd ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Incorrect or outdated data  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. HD190118C00110000 does not show up

The above call option is valid but does not show up in Yahoo

699th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs, issues, or error message  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Provide correct NYSE stock quotes

Frankly, recently a few Yahoo Finance stock quotes have not been agreeing with NYSE posted last prices - hard to see a reason for that.

170th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Do you plan to adjust the historical data? There is a huge jump after the merger.

Do you plan to adjust the historical data for DD, now DWDP? There is a huge jump after the merger. Thanks. You are doing a good job now on finance.

699th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Incorrect or outdated data  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Kudos on the new charting software in beta. It's a huge improvement on numerous fronts. However, why is there no data available for 8-10-2

Kudos on the new charting software in beta. It's a huge improvement on numerous fronts. However, why is there no data available for 8-10-2017 on all daily charts? That candle is simply missing as of today (8-11). I've noticed this same problem lately on a number of occasions with the existing charts, where the candles/bars for one or two days in a row is missing on the daily charts (e.g. a daily candle on a six-month or three-month chart, say.) However, oddly, if you change to a 1-minute chart over a 5-day period, the missing day's data shows up for…

427th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. bb.to not updated since Friday

bb.to not updated since Friday

699th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Incorrect or outdated data  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. DWDP not associated correctly!

On the DWDP Page (https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/DWDP?p=DWDP), the company name is INCORRECT. That ticker symbol belongs to DowDuPont.

699th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Incorrect or outdated data  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. S-&-J.BK historical data is missing

https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/S-%26-J.BK/history?p=S-%26-J.BK

The historical data is missing. All the data is missing except the data for the day.

532nd ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 23 24
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base