Finance

Welcome to the Yahoo Finance Feedback Forum, the place where you can make product suggestions and provide feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and use your feedback to make positive changes.

Note: this forum is not monitored for support-related issues, so if you need help with a problem or have a question, please visit our Yahoo Finance Community Support Forum or Help Site where you can Contact Us.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

How can we improve Yahoo Finance?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Speed up the web page

I'm a long time fan who has started seeking quotes elsewhere because for some reason the Yahoo Finance page has become very slow. I really like the functionality and hope this can be fixed.

154th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Bugs, issues, or error message  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Ticker Search Field

Recently, whenever I first type in a symbol into the ticker search field and hit "enter", it seems to always pull up the wrong company. I need to again type the symbol slowly to make sure the site finds the symbol before I hit enter. It seems the site is too slow to "lookup" the symbol in the suggested tickers that show below the search field, so even though I type the full, correct symbol that I want to view, the "suggested search" options that show haven't caught up to my typing. It's just a big annoyance that is somewhat…

67th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Feature difficult to use or find  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello Paul,

Thank you for reaching out about this inquiry. We would like to gather some additional details so we can further investigate. In your next post, please provide the browser, device, and URL where this happens.

We appreciate your help!

Regards,
    Lyndsay

3. where are the news events that were particular to just my my portfolio ??? you have totally ruined my portfolio page

I used to go to my own personal portfolio page and get news events that were just for my stocks. WHERE IS THAT ???? or have you just decided to eliminate what was absolutely helpful .. Now im stuck with a lot of bs videos and news I DO NOT WANT .. GO BACK TO WHAT WORKED !

67th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Dislikes this feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. when looking at options for a particular

in Stock quotes, when I click on Options, I can now only see "in the money" Options. I cant seem to change it to show "all"Options.

By default it always has shown "all" Options.

please help to restore. thx

154th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Don't display portfolio stocks in Recently Viewed

I have two portfolios, after tax and IRA. When I do my daily analysis, I notice that my looking into those stocks will displace potentially interesting stocks I had in the Recently Viewed listing. I understand I can add my interest into the Watchlist but that can get overly crowded and if my given attention span on a given stock may only be for a couple of days, I would hope a shortcut would still exist in my Recently viewed. Besides, if a stock is already listed in either my Watchlist OR Portfolios, why replicate those items under Recently Viewed? …

154th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Total gain (%) of sold stocks is incorrect

I've bought 300 stocks at $20.80 (total = $6,240); and sold (-300) at $23.60 (total = $7,080).
    The total gain was $840, which is correctly indicated in my portfolio.
    However, the %Total gain indicated is 6.31% instead of 13.46%. It seems that you are dividing the Total Gain ($840) by the sum of the buying ($6,240) and the selling ($7,080) amounts, while the gain should be relative to the investment amount only ($6,240).

Let me know if the information is unclear of there is a better way to incorporate gains to portfolio.

Thank you.

93rd ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs, issues, or error message  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. I'd like to see more discussion around the Russell Two Thousand in your original programming.

Include the Russell Two Thousand more frequently in your original programming (Market Movers, Midday Movers, Final Round) when discussing indexes. There are a lot of people that trade the Russell.

154th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Balance Sheet

Change Net Tangible Assets to Net Intangible Assets
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    On the balance sheet under equity where "Net Tangible Assets" is listed to subtract intangible assets from equity.

I believe it should say "Net Intangible Assets".

Thanks, I Yahoo finance is incredibly helpful!

154th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Incorrect or outdated data  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Unable to delete a portfolio

Responding to Product Support Admin to my previous post:
    http://email.feedback-poweredby.uservoice.com/c/eJyFUElqxDAQfI1986BWa7EOPgyE-YZpbbaIRxpkOZDfRySnOQX6UNQG1X7hDCSNaZEWJfOA5C3EFTiRQ-YYuCDAADo9CHadoX6V5MLNlee49wwoFolZy1CDNxCxl0jpjWRggY3Hsrf2Oge8D_zR75v2Um5vNZ2NpV7PswOcudF6iilTdqET57Vt4Wyp5F9ZKG24mKcrkz3C1MrkwxFamGh6ldpiOVIZ8NEquc-Ut9UVHwb8cJ6U0miFmDEGJWdjFAUQWjCHPLLxLbD8a69LXRtlX3L_yd-kPuQHcbRmxQ

... as comments were closed.

The article cited to use the latest browser version, disabling add-ons, ensuring javascript is enabled etc.; these efforts have not worked.

I made another significant observation. The "delete portfolio" item in Settings is missing only in the most recent portfolio I created. The name of this portfolio is "Newest". The "delete portfolio" item is present, however, in all of my old portfolios. It's just that I had not noticed it, as I had no reason to delete the old portfolios.

The same observation has been…

93rd ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Bugs, issues, or error message  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Request to fix Chart Text Errors - Santiago Stock Exchange

1. Time marker is wrong : Chile Santiago Stock Exchange
    If you enter following link with IE 11, the chart marker which indicates time, is wrong.

https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/sk.sn

In the 1D chart, the time marker texts as follows.
    01 AM, 03 AM, 05 AM,

But if you place mouse pointer on the chart line, you will see it is not 01 AM, 03 AM, 05 AM, but it is 01 PM, 03 PM, 05 PM.

Chart display shows faults when it is browsed in Microsoft Internet Explorer 11. Sometimes charting function is malfunctioning in IE 11, such as omitting chart, "No…

154th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Incorrect or outdated data  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Update your data. Statoil changed name and symbol a week ago. Yahoo doesn't For your info it is EONR

Update your data. Statoil changed name and symbol a week ago. Yahoo doesn't even respond to the new symbol, can't find?? EONR it is and please get it fixed.

154th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Incorrect or outdated data  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base