Finance

Welcome to the Yahoo Finance Feedback Forum, the place where you can make product suggestions and provide feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and use your feedback to inform changes.

We recently launched a new version of Yahoo Finance for desktop so let us know what you think!

To post a new idea, type your idea into the search bar below and select “Post a new idea.” To review and vote on existing ideas, type your idea into the search bar or look below to filter ideas by trending (Hot), recent (New), and most votes (Top).

Note: this forum is not monitored for support-related issues, so if you need help with a problem or have a question, please visit our Yahoo Finance Community Support Forum or Help Site.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

How can we improve Yahoo Finance?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Google Finance Portfolio import / import ofx format

Google Finance is discontinuing their portfolio tracking features as of November 2017. Yahoo Finance has a unique opportunity to gain all these Google Finance users if the Yahoo Finance team is able to add the ability to import Google Finance user data from the OFX format that Google Finance provides exports in.

65th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering feedback  ·  16 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 3rd ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  366 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. new charting not an improvement other than has more indicators, like the layout colors etc how they were

new charting not an improvement other than has more indicators, like the layout colors etc how they were.

119th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  10 comments  ·  Dislikes this feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Go back to old layout, days now unclear. Your whole layout is way too complex.

Go back to old layout, days now unclear. Your whole layout is way too complex and I have to keep logging in to see my personal checklist.

233rd ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Dislikes this feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. the new charts are horrible......please don't change to these new charts

the new charting is horrible........HORRIBLE......stay with the existing charting

88th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Dislikes this feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. It's been a month and I cannot edit my holdings

It's been a month and I cannot edit my holdings

140th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 128th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Dislikes this feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Provide an option to copy a portfolio

Where you have the link "Create New Portfolio" add the link "Copy Existing Portfolio." This would be very helpful.and is not complicated to program. I may have a large portfolio "List1" that I wish to divide into two separate lists. To do that I now have to create a new portfolio and input into it the stocks I want to remove from "List1" and input into "List2" Creating "List2" one stock at a time is very time consuming. If I could copy "List1" into "List2" it would be simple to delete from each list the stocks that I want to…

350th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Allow people to revert back to the old yahoo finance

The new Finance is an unmitigated disaster.
    It has less data and less functionality in order to be "sleek" and more like an APPLE product.

But this isn't social media.

This is FINANCE.

None of your users want "sleek"ness over functionality.
    I go to a top 25 MBA program, and everyone has switched to Google finance. Congratulations.

5th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  117 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Warrant information is missing

WFC-WT and JPM-WT tickers are missing from the database. In my portfolio, I get them only on occasions and not constantly.
    Please fix this issue.

699th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. disable "blue box help" after viewed once

A pain to have to see a blue box of help every time you look at the fundamentals for a portfolio .. give an option to disable this after it has been viewed once.

427th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Re new charts: color/size schemes are backwards. Price bars should have the weight & bright colors of the volume bars and vice versa.

The price bars are much too narrow and too dull. There is too little contrast to the mildly shaded background which is equally dull as the bars themselves. Hence no contrast either in color or in width which are about the same width as the vertical and horizontal background lines. As a college art instructor, I can tell you that the narrow tertiary color of the bars is unreadable against a tertiary and secondary tinted backdrop. But the volume bars are bold enough to easily see because of its width and use of primary colors. (Since Green is being seen…

153rd ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. return easier editing options to portfolios

provide option to amend/edit existing portfolio information. evidently from reading the comments/questions posted that I am not the only subscriber requesting this function be restored.

25th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  16 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. I want my old portfolio back (classic). At least it shows me my "MinValue" so I know when to sell.

I want my old portfolio back (classic). At least it shows me my "MinValue" so I know when to sell.

9th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. I have to agree with MANY others that if you want to expend the least effort to restore the most useful

I must agree with most, that you took one of the BEST free portfolio functions on the web and turned it into one of the worst. However, I see the potential to add functionality that, to my knowledge, is only available for a fee or if you have an account with a broker. You may make your way back to the top, again, if you implement these before losing too many users.

For instance, when you open your new portfolio you get a view including multiple lines containing something that looks like dates, prices and quantities of shares traded. This…

350th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Need new item: Fake News

on 11 Sept 2017, using link: https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/APU/news?p=APU

Three options are available: All, News, Press Releases

Please add and utilize another option: Fake News

For the link above, the first 25 items under "news" include:

8 Market Realist Fake news opinion pieces rehashing information from peoples statistics

7 Capital Cube Fake News opinion pieces rehashing information from other peoples statistics

1 Gurufocus Fake News opinion article

5 Sponsored items

2 actual news items.

Please move all Fake News to the new category.

427th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Incorrect or outdated data  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Page down in a large portfolio goes more than a full page, skipping several stocks.

If there are 20 stocks on the first page of a large portfolio, page down goes down about 23 stocks, skipping three stocks. It should only go down 19 stocks so that the bottom of page 1 becomes the top of page 2. That way you know no stocks were skipped.

427th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 233rd ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Incorrect or outdated data  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your post.

I’m sorry to hear that you’re having trouble changing Holdings information (# of shares and cost) in your Portfolio. I tested a few examples but wasn’t able to replicate these issues on my end.

Please try some of the fixes we’ve outlined in our Help article to resolve this issue:

help.yahoo.com/kb/completing-browser-troubl..

Thanks!
    Finance Support

19. Improve performance in Safari 11.0 CPU pegged at 100%.

Running mac activity monitor app, Safari 11.0.
    looking at process https://finance.yahoo.com/portfolio/...
    CPU usage is frequently pegged at 100% with color wheel spinning...
    The old version did not do this. nor does other portfolio sites. please check and optimize your code before release. This is no longer usable.
    Thanks

699th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. End of day ASX closing prices for individual stocks not updating to final closing prices

The end of day ASX closing prices for individual stocks has not been updating to final closing prices after the closing auction is completed at approximately 4.10pm AEST (after the usual 20 min delay). The final closing price and volume has being reported by Yahoo finance on the day itself well after market close is the last traded price at 3.59pm AEST. As far as I'm aware this has been occurring since Friday 8-Sep-2017. Can this issue please be resolved immediately?

532nd ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Incorrect or outdated data  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 18 19
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base