Finance

Welcome to the Yahoo Finance Feedback Forum, the place where you can make product suggestions and provide feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and use your feedback to inform changes.

We recently launched a new version of Yahoo Finance for desktop so let us know what you think!

To post a new idea, type your idea into the search bar below and select “Post a new idea.” To review and vote on existing ideas, type your idea into the search bar or look below to filter ideas by trending (Hot), recent (New), and most votes (Top).

Note: this forum is not monitored for support-related issues, so if you need help with a problem or have a question, please visit our Yahoo Finance Community Support Forum or Help Site.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

How can we improve Yahoo Finance?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Portfolio Columns Do Not Sort Properly

When attempting to sort the Market Value Column of the My Holdings tab in my Portfolio, they do not sort proper from high to low.

Neither does the Total Gained column sort. It ought to sort by percentage.

237th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

4 comments  ·  Incorrect or outdated data  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. My Portfolio isn't displayed in Firefox

My Portfolio isn't displayed (blank pane) in Firefox (64-bit v.57.0.1).

431st ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Bugs, issues, or error message  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 12.1.17 Problems throughout on getting prior day's closing data correct on summary pages

You say the close for Alcoa (AA) was $41.64, up $0.13. But Yahoo's summary page says the prior day's close was $41.24. That would imply a change of $0.40. Your interactive chart says the close was $41.51. There wasn't an ex-dividend either. If I'm correct, you have a system problem that's not moving the correct prior day's close over. I already noted the same problem with all the components in the Dow Jones Transports. What is going on here?

720th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Incorrect or outdated data  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. I am very upset. I just moved my portfolio from Google to Yahoo and a mutual fund that I own for some reason isn't showing up under Yahoo

I am upset. I just moved my portfolio from google to yahoo and a mutual fund that I own: American Century Investments Vista Fund Investor Class(MUTF:TWCVX) does not show up under Yahoo Finance. The ticker is TWCVX. This makes no sense since it's a mutual fund and if you go to Google Finance and type in TWCVX it shows up properly. Can you please fix this? I'd like to add this holding to my Yahoo portfolio but I can't because it's doesn't show up. Thank you.

270th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. 2nd ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  378 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Making the "Export" feature to download the contents of your "New View"

I like being able to download some of the featured statistics of the stocks in my portfolio. Unfortunately, the current "Export" feature downloads the preset contents only, regardless how many New Views you might have.

I would like to request that the Export download the contents of your "New View." The current preset contents is way too basic and limited.

Thank you.

431st ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Ability to sort i.e. asending, desending, etc., ex DJIA

On DJIA components (^DJI), sorting functionality by column would be nice if added.

542nd ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. day range in the watchlist working bad

day range is working wrong, it puts the last prices in the range, not the correct high and low. please fix it. ie. jnug, jdst, uwt. etct

431st ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Incorrect or outdated data  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. SAN.PA

Hi - is the SAN.PA quotes valid? The historical quotes are all over the place - in the 26-80 range. And today - you have the correct quote of 77.45 - but yesterday (and days before) it traded at 26.. Or somewhere in the 70'es....
    Best regards - Ole

542nd ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Incorrect or outdated data  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Incorrect change listed on the crude oil quote.

YAHOO says the January contract for Crude Oil is at $56.20, down $2.16. Your data feed is wrong. The Tuesday settlement for the contract was $57.62. You can see it here.

720th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Incorrect or outdated data  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Export of "Trade Date" from Portfolio is NOT Excel Compatible for DATE Format

The format of "Trade Date" when exported is "YYYYMMDD"

when put into an Excel cell and a DATE value is selected,
    there are NO matching formats for a value formatted as "YYYYMMDD"

As a result, "########" appears in the cell(s).

My main portfolio is very large
    and manual changing of format would not have been "pretty"

I wasted about an hour (using WORD)
    to put the exported values into an Excel format.

Obviously,
    I would greatly appreciate it if the exported format
    would be changed to an Excel format
    for my next export effort.

Why not use a format something…

542nd ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Bugs, issues, or error message  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. SSE (Shanghai Stock Exchange) Chart Incorrect

To whom this may concern:

I have been looking into Chinese Stock Indices: 000001.SS (SSEC) and 399106.SZ (SZCOMP) and have noticed that for some reason data 1 data point for every week is missing (the stock markets are open 5 days a week and there are only 4 days listed every week) in the new Chart mode. Please fix.

720th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Incorrect or outdated data  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Save custom view as default

I would like to save a "custom view" as my default view in Yahoo Finance. I found an earlier post about this marked as "completed" but I cannot find this in your help file. Please add this feature.

Also, in the same idea, when I type in a stock symbol, i would like to be able to set the small chart that comes up to the 5yr view vs daily that seems to be default. Please add this.

542nd ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Go back to old layout, days now unclear. Your whole layout is way too complex.

Go back to old layout, days now unclear. Your whole layout is way too complex and I have to keep logging in to see my personal checklist.

196th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Dislikes this feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. new charting not an improvement other than has more indicators, like the layout colors etc how they were

new charting not an improvement other than has more indicators, like the layout colors etc how they were.

113th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  10 comments  ·  Dislikes this feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. 720th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Incorrect or outdated data  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. fees

We should be able to add brokerage fees to our lots so we can track our actual gains

720th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. year of purshase date wiped?

Yahoo just wiped the year of purchase data It says 20 for all the stocks in my portfolios. Can't enter 12/04/17 or any other year-it comes out 20
    All the lots have the same 20 year. every year from 2001 to 2017 is gone? No one at Yahoo will respond on why they made this change?

720th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. index components

hi
    the old yahoo finance had index components for all major indexes ..
    the "top 30 components" is not a useful feature at all ..
    please if you can add the feature to see all index stock components that would be great

720th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Chat portfolio overview

Add a chat overview page where all portfolio stocks are visible as small charts at one glance. Allow for choosing the time spam (today, 5 days, etc) to display. It should be a tile layout. So one can easily see and compare the individual stock performances.

720th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 20 21
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base