Finance

Welcome to the Yahoo Finance Feedback Forum, the place where you can make product suggestions and provide feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and use your feedback to inform changes.

We recently launched a new version of Yahoo Finance for desktop so let us know what you think!

To post a new idea, type your idea into the search bar below and select “Post a new idea.” To review and vote on existing ideas, type your idea into the search bar or look below to filter ideas by trending (Hot), recent (New), and most votes (Top).

Note: this forum is not monitored for support-related issues, so if you need help with a problem or have a question, please visit our Yahoo Finance Community Support Forum or Help Site.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

How can we improve Yahoo Finance?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Bid and ask prices are not updated

Bid and ask are not updated for any stock in portfolio or watchlist.
    i.e. AAPL, MSFT

216th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering feedback  ·  7 comments  ·  Incorrect or outdated data  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. "Report abuse" option in Yahoo Finance Conversations is broken?

I have used the "report abuse" option on a number of link spammers, "awesomeSTO-CKS" spammers, "the-stock*dork" spammers, but it does nothing. Over a week later, I still see the spam posts if I am not logged into my account. Look for user name Brianna and Alexandra in particular as the most obvious spam bots in the following forum:

https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/GLD/community

"I was getting really sick of the market always taking my money so I went out and found a service that gives me one solid stock pick every week. So far they have been awesome. Just go to the-stock*dork to join."

155th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Ad Redirecting to Malware? appears in Portfolio and Stock Quotes!

When I am in my portfolio or getting stock quotes, Yahoo sometimes disappears and is replaced by an all red malware screen that scams me that a Microsoft Windows error has occurred and I should call the number on the screen. This doesn't happen anywhere else on Yahoo or other websites, but it happens regularly in Yahoo Finance's portfolio and stock quotes.

I use Chrome with Avast extensions and scan regularly to assure my computer is not infected. I am convinced that the problem is a defect in Yahoo Finance -- it needs to be fixed!

216th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Bugs, issues, or error message  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Portfolio Columns Do Not Sort Properly

When attempting to sort the Market Value Column of the My Holdings tab in my Portfolio, they do not sort proper from high to low.

Neither does the Total Gained column sort. It ought to sort by percentage.

121st ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Incorrect or outdated data  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Make Trade Date Display

1. Make trade date display. 2. Stop trade date changes when adding a symbol

Trade Date does not display despite 'checking the box.' 2. After entering Trade Date, the date changes when clicking on another field.

171st ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. BLOK incorrect info

BLOK (blockchain etf) is the hottest product on market right now and the name of the ETF doesn't show up when the ticker is pulled up and the historical data is not correct (just launched this week). Also, news/articles not appearing below watchlist like for all other products on watchlist. Tons of news on this product. BLCN (the other blockchain ETF) also doesn't include name but the historical data is correct.

368th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Incorrect or outdated data  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Chart view blocked by stats

Charting view is blocked by having stats in the way on the chart. They need to be either moved to the top or a separate line above the stat. Also you can not save more than one option on the chart making it hard to keep your views if you need to refresh.

572nd ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Dislikes this feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. My Portfolio isn't displayed in Firefox

My Portfolio isn't displayed (blank pane) in Firefox (64-bit v.57.0.1).

319th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Bugs, issues, or error message  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. NEX Exchange support

Could you please support NEX Exchange tickers? I have shares bought from this market but I can't find this symbol on Yahoo Finance. YF is much clean to me, that's why I'd like to add this ticker to my YF watch list. But it seems that NEX exchange is not supported by Yahoo Finance :(

Could you please add it to your database?
    My ticker is CDGP (Chapel Down Group PLC). Bloomberg already support this ticker but I don't like their UI.
    Here is a home page of NEX exchange: nexexchange [dot] com

Thanks a lot for your support.

772nd ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Wrong News Stories Delivered. Again.

Yet again, news for LiteCoin (symbol LTC-USD according to Yahoo Finance) is showing up in the news stream for Long Term Care REIT (Symbol LTC).

That this nonsense has been going on for a year now, with other companies as well, is a very bad sign.

772nd ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Incorrect or outdated data  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Stock Symbol Error: AP.UN

AP.UN is for Allied PPTYS Real Estate Inv Trust on the Toronto stock Exchange. The symbol is incorrect and should be: AP.UN.TO (for Toronto Exchange)

Please review and correct.

772nd ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Incorrect or outdated data  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Internet Security Alert

When on the individual stock summary screen, a virus screen pops up with audio stating "internet Security Alert". This is a red screen that locks the browser and the only out is to close down and reboot.

572nd ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 12.1.17 Problems throughout on getting prior day's closing data correct on summary pages

You say the close for Alcoa (AA) was $41.64, up $0.13. But Yahoo's summary page says the prior day's close was $41.24. That would imply a change of $0.40. Your interactive chart says the close was $41.51. There wasn't an ex-dividend either. If I'm correct, you have a system problem that's not moving the correct prior day's close over. I already noted the same problem with all the components in the Dow Jones Transports. What is going on here?

772nd ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Incorrect or outdated data  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. alphbetical sorting

I can alphabetically sort my holdings, but when I display them on the MyYahoo page, the newest added holdings will only show at the top of the list even though they should be correctly sorted by letter. I refreshed, I tried reorder and then saved, and tried different browsers with no help. Issue must be with the MyYahoo page app?

572nd ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Please correct data for VSIAX. Morningstar lists a dividend on 9/19/16 of $0.282/share, Yahoo shows none. .

Please correct data for VSIAX.
    Morningstar lists a dividend on 9/19/16 of $0.282/share, Yahoo shows none. Additionally, Yahoo shows the same $0.793 dividend for both 12/19/14 and 12/22/14.

772nd ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Incorrect or outdated data  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Zeus Virus Detected scamware

I have received half a dozen pop ups this month (Nov 2017) alerting me that ZEUS VIRUS DETECTED and it happens exclusively while visiting Yahoo Finance. It appears your website is infected with this scam ware. The scammers are trying to get users to call them so they can trick the user into paying for removal of a fake virus. One of the pop ups it creates is actually a new browser tab (IE) that looks convincingly like an official Microsoft webpage. However, real articles on MS support site identify this as scam ware that comes from infected websites, like…

319th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Report mutual fund shares to 3 decimals in "My Holdings" summary line

Currently in the summary line of "My Holdings" in the Yahoo portfolios only reports 2 decimal places rounding up or down depending on whether the 3rd digit is less than or greater than 5. This necessitates unnecessary clicks to 'open up' the display to show individual lots. If there is only one lot this is bad enough, but when there are multiple lots, one must add the lots to come up with the correct position summary at 3 decimal places which is the actual real-world figure. It would appear that there is room on the line for 1 additional character…

572nd ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Bugs, issues, or error message  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Options gain/loss calculation in my portfolio incorrect

I have a FB option in one of my portfolios. The market value - cost basis indicates a small gain ($42), yet the total change, which should show $42, shows -$2,910,625 instead. Seems like a pretty simple calculation to be totally botched. Come on, Yahoo!

772nd ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Incorrect or outdated data  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Alliance One Data incorrect

Alliance One (AOI) Data incorrect.
    Quarterly graphs are incorrectly labelled since AOI is on a FY ending March 31st 2018
    Estimates price target at $6 is ludicrous since the stock is presently at over $13

772nd ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Incorrect or outdated data  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Annualized gain/loss--please calculate this based on the AVERAGE PRICE FOR ALL LOTS; there is no value in doing this only for each lot.

Annualized gain/loss--please calculate this based on the AVERAGE PRICE FOR ALL LOTS; there is no value in doing this only for each individual lot.

446th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 21 22
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base