Finance Search

Welcome to the Yahoo Finance Feedback Forum, the place where you can make product suggestions and provide feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and use your feedback to make positive changes.

Note: this forum is not monitored for support-related issues, so if you need help with a problem or have a question, please visit our Yahoo Finance Community Support Forum or Help Site where you can Contact Us.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

How can we improve Yahoo Finance's Search?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. The new search is so bad, it is a shame that Yahoo came up with this. It does nothing for me

Change it to the Old "Search" for Finance or find a new one. This one is so BAD, it is unbelievable that you got something like this. Go and learn from others; just any of them.

Any search I put in, the "Search" tells me that it does not recognize it. Same for stock symbols

1st ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering feedback  ·  4 comments  ·  Dislikes this feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Search doesn't seem to work so it should be easy to improve it. Just make it work. I don't even know what I'm clicking on to post what I've

I want to see several parameters of information for several stocks on one screen. This once worked most of the time on Yahoo Finance if I just entered the stock symbols. Now it doesn't seem to work at all, or maybe it just works occasionally if I'm lucky. It could be great if it worked but if it doesn't work it's useless.

4th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Dislikes this feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Yahoo Finance should be for searching stocks and nothing more

Yahoo is attempting to use Yahoo Finance as a general search engine... Bad idea. When I enter a stock symbol in the space labeled to enter this, everything comes up except that stock. If my stock is listed below, that requires me to click on it again to bring it up. If not on the list, I can only access it by closing Yahoo Finance and opening it once more; only to have to click the proper listing to find it.
    Yahoo Finance was my favorite easy to access and work with Finance program in the past; only to be…

2nd ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. "Story continues"

I want to read a story. Click on it,,,get one stinking sentence, then have to click "story continues" and ANOTHER tab opens, cluttering up my screen and RAM. I have stopped reading any stories on Yahoo Finanve because of it and get my news elsewhere now. I have gone to Yahoo finance fewer and fewer times. Quotes mess up, story continues, and "trending now" sucks

3rd ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Dislikes this feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Instead of showing the stock symbol and graph going up how about the price change and if it's going up or down?

Instead of showing the stock symbol and graph in the serach bar going up how about the price change and if it's going up or down?

4th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base