New Mail

Welcome to our Yahoo Mail feedback forum! This is a place for you to help shape the new Yahoo Mail experience. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to your Yahoo Mail.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please visit our help site.
  3. For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.
  4. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. As in January, I am not able to edit my contact list and assign contacts to groups. Could you enable it and don't disable again? Thanks

As in January, I am not able to edit my contact list and assign contacts to groups. Could you enable it and don't disable again? Thanks

52nd ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Planned  ·  349 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. I absolute hate your new format. Too few emails are being displayed. Cannot find Contact list.

Show the contact list. I am not able to find it. Also you are displaying too few emails, on my laptop only five, cannot expand window. I have this new format. How do I go back to the old one?

4th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

565 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi there,

Our engineers are working on incorporating Contacts into the new format. We appreciate your patience while we work on this.

In the meantime, you can access contacts by clicking on the icon on the upper right side (small icon made up of a rectangle with three small stacked squares). This will open Contacts in a new tab of your browser in the Classic Mail look. You can also access your contacts via https://contacts.yahoo.com.

Thank you!
    Mail Support

3. Where are the contacts?

Every time I try to access my contacts, the mail system opens a new window and takes me back to the old version of Yahoo. This is very annoying.

Also, something weird has been happening with my mail lists. I haven't changed a thing, but suddenly one of my longer list is missing about 30 addresses. I just tried to send out an email to one of my lists with about 10 people on it. Only 5 people actually received the email, despite me very carefully checking to see that I had clicked on the appropriate email list. Again, very…

8th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  417 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Time zone Warning

Delete this setting. It appears more than just me are annoyed with this. It is still amazing that this is an issue when the mobile phones figured this out well over a decade ago. Strange how a progressive company as Yahoo cant seem to figure this one out.

54th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  38 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 22nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  113 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 27th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  310 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. contacts

I send out mass emails. I am always taken back to the old Yahoo. Why is this? Please set it all up so that we can go to our contacts on the new Yahoo.

61st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  40 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Make BLOCKING emails easier!

Make BLOCKING emails easier!

74th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  63 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Stop telling me to update my time zone

I use a VPN and every time I open the site it requires me to close a notice updating my time zone.

311th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  3 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Where are replied/Forwarded icons on App

Now its July 2018... i dont see Replied or Forwarded icon indicators on app emails. How is it possible that this has LESS functionality than when my yahoo email account started in 1999?? When are the icons showing actions going to be added?!

569th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. When I go into contacts it puts me back on the old Yahoo

Stay on one or the other with contacts

239th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  11 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Fix problem with contacts that takes you back to the old mail format.

Fix the problem that takes you back to the old format to do anything relating to contacts.

459th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  3 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Contacts are not in the new format. Although accessible by going to the old format, this is a weakness & should be corrected

Contacts are not in the new format. Although accessible by going to the old format, this is a weakness & should be corrected.

229th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  11 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. contacts

when opening contacts it opens in classic mail in new window instead of opening in yahoo mail makes it so much harder to see your contacts the older version was so much easier, to use this version is all over the shop why can u not see your contacts in yahoo mail instead of it going to classic mail to view

318th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  2 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. where is my contact

If you are encouraging people to use the new mail, then you should put the contacts in the new view. When we access contacts, it puts us back to the old mail. Why both using the new one then? This is very annoying!

519th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  4 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Please ease right to left writing.

In the first use of the new system I was disappointed since many of my composed emails are written in Persian which needs right to left writing. I gmail, the composer nicely detects the language and automatically change to right to left when I write in Persian. Previous version of Yahoo composer was better that the new one for this need.

419th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  4 comments  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Yahoo Calendar should not link to a new page!

Love yahoo calendar, except that it now links out to a new page. Also, please give the calendar NATIVE android calendar sync. Just like when I use an iphone, it just works. On android, I need to download a separate app - SolCalendar - because it supports CalDAV. Most users are not this saavy and the integration is clunky. Please update your protocol to natively integrate with stock android calendar.

407th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  2 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. calendar

It's very irritating to have new tabs created whenevef I go to my calendar or contacts. I only need one tab (one instance) of my mail. Fix this: decide how to implement the calendar and contacts function well or take them away (the latter would be a huge mistage!)

430th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  2 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Calendar

It will be nice also if the calendar will be on the same page. not as new tab. When you click the calendar to show as a pop- up.

508th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  1 comment  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Please get rid of the "give feedback" icon, or tag in my email folders area

Please get rid of the "give feedback" icon, or tag in my email folders area

263rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  2 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base