Yahoo Mail Contacts

Welcome to our Yahoo Contacts feedback forum! This is a place for you to help shape the new Yahoo Mail Contacts experience. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to your Yahoo Contacts.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please visit our help site.
  3. For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.
  4. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

How can we improve Yahoo Contacts?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Go back to classic version and quit messing with it!

Go back to the classic version and quit messing with it. It worked fine. this new version is non-functional!

2nd ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering feedback  ·  25 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. I can't add people to my groups! Also I don't see new contacts that I add. They don't show up when I try to send them a mail.

I can't add people to my groups! Also I don't see new contacts that I add. They don't show up when I try to send them a mail

1st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

21 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi there,

Thank you for your feedback. To add an existing contact list to an email, open a compose window and begin typing the list name in the “To”, “Cc” or ’Bcc” field. You should be able to select the contact list from the suggested contacts presented there.

Alternatively, click on the “To”, “Cc” or”Bcc” fields to launch the contact picker feature. Your lists are available in the dropdown menu to the top right of the contact picker window.

Unfortunately, editing existing lists or creating new lists is not currently possible. We are working on bringing this functionality to the new Contacts pane as soon as possible. We appreciate your patience and your feedback as we work on making Contacts in Yahoo Mail a more streamlined and unified experience.

Thank you,
    Mail Admin

3. Don't take the Classic mail away until you fix the Lists feature in the Contacts. You've had months to work on this.

You've had months to fix the Lists feature in Contacts, and it's still not there. Please don't take away Classic Mail until you have figured this feature out.

4th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Go back to the way it was!

Go back to the old way. WTH won't the contacts open into a new page when I click on it? How am I supposed to change who is in the list section? You NEVER give help on where to find things or how to do the things when you change them. Not EVERYONE who uses Yahoo mail is a computer whiz.

8th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Please bring back GROUPS to the contact list. In the classic version I had my contacts grouped by type and now these groups are gone.

Please bring back GROUPS to the contact list. In the classic version I had my contacts grouped by type and now these groups are gone.
    They were a handy feature and I'd like to see them brought back to the LEFT side of the screen as they were in the past.

3rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. LEAVE THE DAMM CLASSIC MAIL ALONE!! As you can see, people do not like the changes you people keep making.

Leave Classic mail alone!! I have lost so many emails/contacts, etc. with the constant changes you've made.

10th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 6th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. What happened to my notes with important info about my contacts???

Where is the personal information that I had stored in my contacts Notes? Like names of friends' children, info on how I met the person, and other important stuff that I could only put in the Notes section under each entry? Please don't tell me you deleted that. I had a ton of info that I compiled over several YEARS that I kept only in those notes!

17th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Allow people to manage their contacts

I can no longer manage my contact list. There is not a delete option within contacts. I see some replies from the Yahoo Admin saying to go inside the contact, click edit, select the "X" next to their email address, then click save. However, when I click the "X" and try to save, it says "Invalid Email". Please fix this functionality. Or better yet, allow me to pull up all my contacts and delete multiple ones at once. Also, stop adding every email address that I send to my contacts.

7th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. I want my contacts listed by last name first. You took that away. I want it back.

Reinstate the option to have contacts listed last name first.

4th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. I want my contact list back. It makes it hard to identify if I have sent the e-mail to the list of individuals in my catagory contact list.

I want my contact categories back. I have several specific lists of individuals that I need to keep together when I sent e-mails and now I can't fine the list that I can click off the names. Why did you mess up with one of the great features of your e-mail? I see that several other individuals want this list back and yet I don't see any changes being made. Without the list of groups, you are making sending group e-mails hard and tedious.

9th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. I want my old email back

I want my old email back

14th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Can't Delete contacts

I have old contacts on my list that I don't talk to anymore but I can't delete them.

10th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. GIVE ME BACK MY CLASSIC EMAIL

I'll wait about 2 weeks. If I can't get back to classic email I'll switch to gmail. I've had it with your changes that make email worse every time.

22nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Your page on how to switch back to Classic Mail is in error. There is no icon or drop down where you can easily click back to the classic.

There is no icon or drop down menu where you can easily click back to the Classic Version. I'm so frustrated and disappointed with the arrogance Yahoo has that they have built a better mousetrap. You do us all a disservice when you use this as a ploy to get users to pay $4.99 a month for better service. You've hijacked our contacts and could care less about your customers. I'd be an idiot to pay for your Pro Mail.

12th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Return to the original e-mail address book

It's not a new idea. I can't put addresses in a category. You had returned to the original e-mail address book, but then changed again. Leave well enough alone.

20th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Managing contacts & contact lists

quit fixing something that wasn't broke. I can no longer manage contact lists. Impossible to add, delete, assign contact to a list etc. Get your act together BEFORE you change something. Very disappointed. If not fixed soon I will be forced to go else ware.

22nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 12th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Go BACK to the contacts list and email format that worked so well.

You gave us back the old system for a while and then went back to the BRAIN STORM THAT DOES NOT WORK . Where are the addresses I had stored, The Notes section , the birthdays , the addresses I just put a couple of weeks ago. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE give me back what I once loved about yahoo mail.

28th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Last month I could still see MY LIST of contacts now it's your useless stupid list

Ok Yahoo, this is about the last straw. Instead of the contact lists I created and saved and use for multiple purposes, you have replaced it with all the emails I've received so even if I export it, it is full of **** I'll never want or need instead of the contact list I created, where some contacts didn't have an email. Can you warn people before you erase and replace valuable data? I can no longer pull up addresses of people I send MAIL to. I can't see any detail when I try to click on a contact, it…

24th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5
  • Don't see your idea?

Yahoo Mail Contacts

Feedback and Knowledge Base