US Yahoo News App iOS

Welcome to our Yahoo News app for iOS feedback forum! This is a place for you to help shape the Yahoo News experience and to contact our editorial team. We review the feedback from this forum to make positive changes to the Yahoo News app.

To contact the Yahoo News editorial team to report issues or corrections, please email corrections@yahoonews.com.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please find answers on our help site.
  3. For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.
  4. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

1. Expand collapse

Please STOP the auto collapse of posts. On the longer posts it is very infuriating to have it collapse several times while trying to read it.

41st ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 41st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Yahoo app

Allow customization of comments, replies. Currently, every comment I’ve ever liked or “reacted” to is shown. If I want to return to a comment that I have made, I have to scroll through several days of comments that I’ve liked or reacted to. I have ZERO interest in a sprawling archive of every comment I’ve liked or reacted to. I’d like to have a way to eliminate all of that useless stuff and ONLY see MY comments and the replies of others to those comments.

41st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Where did posts go?

Just did latest update today and now ALL posts are gone. Where are they?

41st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Stop printing every comment twice. YouTube does that too. Very annoying.

Every time myself or another comments, it prints it twice.
    When notified of a response, it takes longer to find it. Sometimes, I can’t thumb it up or down, because I don’t know it is already there twice.

41st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Add RSS Feeds to News app and Yahoo! Homepage app

I would like the ability to add my own RSS feeds like with “My Yahoo”, as well as receive notification/alerts when there is a new article from that source.

41st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. How come when you try to share an article it show the picture? It only shows the Yahoo logo?

Show the picture from the article when sharing instead of the Yahoo logo

29th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Why have comments been disabled YET again?

Why have you disabled comments YET again?

26th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 41st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Notifications are just for likes and reactions

Please make all comments made also put in your notification box, so when I click on my avatar, I can see my entire recent history. Not just reactions and total likes and comments.

41st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Stop covering up certain words and be more flexible with word usage

You allow words that you cover up, like Nazi and ****. Why? People can't understand what others are saying, which contradicts your rules guidelines. It is like you being a troll, by deciding that certain non swearing rules or Nazis deserve symbols instead. Can one of your Nazi employees explain that?

24th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Improve your GIF section. All Trump ones are negative. Your GIF section is small and mostly worthless

Facebook GIF section is massive. And they don't discriminate like you do with Trump vs Democrats section. Your GIF section is small and worthless.

29th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. How about letting people instead of you, decide whether we want to unblock previous people we blocked.

It is a feature of FB. Say that we have to wait a certain amount of time

41st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Section topics

Can you please bring back section topics like US , crime, food, entertainment, politics etc.

29th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Ad free option

How about a paid ad free option. Maybe bundle it with Yahoo Mail.

24th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Needs more AOC articles

Today was pretty light, she only had 8 distinct articles.
    We need to know more about this insightful and intelligent young star!
    Who has time for economic and employment news?
    I mean, like, for real. More AOC

29th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. 41st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Posts

Don’t be patting yourselves on the back just yet about tapping on someone’s name or icon and being able to see their posts. Doesn’t work all the time and 95% of the time you can’t see how many posts they have or any followers and followings.

Haphazard attempt at fixing something that wasn’t broke to begin with - until you intentionally broke it.

56th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 26th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Click bait

You guys are full of click bait for people who might not have the knowledge to tell the difference. The “News Stories” tagged with “Sponsored” are the BS that irritates me. J-Lo showing off her abs, seniors getting affordable insurance and, Vanna Whites daughter looking like her iconic dad are a few that I saw just now. I try to have several news sources for quick access on my phone to verify “Real News” but yours does not help so I am forced to remove it. Maybe you should focus on making your site user friendly instead of advertiser friendly.

20th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?

US Yahoo News App iOS

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base