Skip to content

New Mail Basic

Welcome to our Yahoo Basic Mail feedback forum! This is a place for you to help shape the new Yahoo Basic Mail experience. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to your Yahoo Mail.

Basic Mail provides base functionality like reading and writing messages, but does not include many of the advanced options. To use these features, we recommend upgrading to full-featured version of Yahoo Mail.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please visit our help site.
  3. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

9 results found

1. Why is Inbox, not a folder selection under Filters?

I do not understand why Inbox is not a selection for a folder when creating a filter. I have one email address that keeps going to spam, no matter how many times I mark it NOT SPAM. I also created a contact for this email and it still ends up in the SPAM folder.

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi, we'd like to hear more about this issue. Could you please contact us at help.yahoo.com so we can look into it? We're also available on X (former Twitter) @YahooCare.

2. I've been a customer for years - Verizon as well. Absolute worst email interface - can't even delete a contact - i'm going to google soon

I've been a customer for years - Verizon as well. Absolute worst email interface - can't even delete a contact - i'm going to google soon; embarrassing

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Make sure you're following the correct options when deleting a contact:

From Yahoo Mail, click the Contacts icon.

Click the All tab

Click on the contact's name.

Click the More options icon | Delete contact.

Click OK to confirm you want the contact deleted.

If this fails, we recommend using a different browser or performing some browser troubleshooting.

3. Why do I need my phone to log onto my computer to check my mail. What if I loose my phone. Your new login verification procedure is horrible

What if I loose my phone. Your new login verification procedure is horrible. Please come up with a more reasonable way to log onto my mail via a computer without the use of my phone.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

In the current version of Yahoo you are required  to provide a mobile phone number to protect your online safety. It's important to have updated information should you ever need to change your account settings, reset your password or contact Yahoo customer support.

4. I can not read my e-mails , they look lik this:by atlas112.free.mail.ir2.yahoo.com pod-id NONE with HTTPS; Wed, 4 Jan 2023 13:49:37 +0000 Re

I can not read my e-mails , Crypted? they look lik this:

by atlas112.free.mail.ir2.yahoo.com pod-id NONE with HTTPS; Wed, 4 Jan 2023 13:49:37 +0000 Re
    What can i do?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. cannot find older than 30 day emails in inbox

Show my entire inbox and stop limiting my inbox to withing 30 days only. I've looked through all setting nothing is set weird. Back to Gmail I guess.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Why am I now having to go to my other email account to get a code to sign on each time?

Fix the verification code every time I sign in. I've had Yahoo mail for years and now I have to go to my other email to get a code before signing in. What is up with that all of a sudden??? It is a real pain!!!!

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Authenticator apps provide secure verification codes that act as the second step in 2-step verification. After entering your password, you'll need to enter the code generated by your authenticator app to sign in.  If you wish to disable it, here's how:

Sign in to your Account Security page.

Next to "2-Step Verification," click Manage.

Click Turn off.

7. Why do you make this email platform so difficult to navigate. I can't receive emails, why?

Why can't i receive emails? your settings option has no other options to correct this, meanwhile google is providing instructions on how to recover emails from yahoo but yahoo's settings page doesn't even offer the steps provided through google instructions

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. update your spam guard i am now getting spam from yahoo groups

with yahoo groups no longer existing why do i now get spam from them/ can you update spam filter

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

While most of spam emails are being caught by our spam filters, occasionally some can slip through.

When this happens, it's very important to mark the email as spam, then our system will learn that messages from a specific place are not good and helps us make Yahoo Mail even better at recognizing future spam emails.

9. I am receiving lot of spam mails, it may go up to 500 per week. Its very difficult to search important mails. kindly disable all bulk mails.

My inbox is receiving lot of bulk mail. its a cumbersome task to keep deleting 100 mails per day. Kindly disable bulk mails in inbox.
    Whereas, this problem is not with other domain mail ID...only Yahoo had problem.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

New Mail Basic

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base