How can we improve Yahoo News?

I want to customize the stories on my news feed! I am REALLY sick of getting stories about murder, animal abuse, genocide, etc. ENOUGH

I don't want to get depressed or outraged every time I check the news feed-- 90% of the stories I get are gruesome, and if I had young ones around while scanning my news- they'd be traumatized. Some of them traumatized me, and I am an adult!

18th ranked
Vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
jess schaefer shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

24 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm sick of seeing any and ALL Kardashians!!! I don't care if Kim jumped on a trampoline - AGAIN or that one of them wore a white shirt and underwear to the grocery store (not that they shop for themselves) Please please please their 15 minutes is up and exhausting. please let me choose what I consider to be news. I don't want to even see glance at this on my so-called News-feed. When will Yahoo GET OVER stupid news like this???? we aren't 12

DITTO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Elizabeth Peacock commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like NOT to have any professional sports taking up space in my news feed. Is there any way to accomplish this?

• Jeff Zacher commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There are certain news outlets that are frankly wrong and/or completely biased. I want them off my newsfeed just as I can do on other online news sites.

• l chan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please have a list of news sources (Cnn, MSnbc, fox news, CSPan, ...) and allow the user to choose what they want to see. Also do that for all types of news (Cnet, techcrunch, 9to5 mac)

Yahoo really sucks, to many huffpo opinion pieces and anyone with a brain knows huffpo is fake news

• Kendra Perkins commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Im not worried about depressing news but I am soo sick of the headlines yahoo puts out. I actually despise yahoo I have feelings of intense hate when I think of the name yahoo...... you pedophile bastards disgust me!!! I hate your headlines! You are liars!!!!! ********!! I want to customise the stories on my feed. and I want you to fire your filthy fake jeournalists!!!

Correction: Actually it seems like Yahoo News is the one picking up only the non-business related articles (Ex: how great our military is, How evil Russia/Iran etc are...) from BI. Its not that BI does not publish any business news.

How can I remove Business Insider from my news feed? They don't seem to publish anything business news worthy.

• DR commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Me Too! I want to be able to filter out what I consider ****. From what I have read, this used to be possible, but now is not. Why Not!?

I'm just about ready to make Google my home page and dump Yahoo completely!

• Randy Alexander commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You can't scroll through the news feed without reading dozens of headlines of child abuse as well! Every day there are new stories about how someone murdered or abused their own child!

Yes, please. I have no interest in so-called celebrity stuff and other things. Under the old yahoo I could do it

• Ellen Wilson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Allow your users to select the topics and content for the news feed. I do NOT give a **** about the Kardashians lip filler, Markle's shoes, or any other garbage you pass as 'news'.

• cap commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i don't new every news agwency on yahoo allow me to chose get rid of the rest

• Benjamin Prokash commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I like your homepage, but I do not like these sources of articles. Please give us an option to keep these from hitting my personalized yahoo homepage.

• Doyle Cobb commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

yes let us select where we want our news from I believe MSN does this maybe I should go it was nice not seeing garbage from bluffington post

This is stupid why do I have read left wing propaganda I don't want to read any thing from Salon Huffington post and all the other so called news sites its all a bunch lies and usually no truth to them let me opt out of sites i find disgusting and read real news

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base