Fantasy Baseball

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our self-paced help on our help site. This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Covid Players MUST be IL Eligible!

Covid players must be eligible for the IL! This is not fair to league owners to have to drop players because we can't shelf them on the IL. Especially in keeper leagues where the bigger picture has to be considered.

Right now covid players are not eligible for the IL spots. This is a major problem.

Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

5 comments  ·  Disabled List  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello Tom,

Thank you for your feedback.

Players with the Covid-19 designation have been updated and can now be placed in the IL roster spot. We apologize for the delay and appreciate your patience while we got this resolved.

Thanks,

Product Support

2. Double elimination playoff tournament for 'one-win' leagues with 20 teams for 2020

For the 2020 short Yahoo baseball season - create an option for a double elimination playoff tournament for the one-win leagues that are 20 teams big. I believe a double elimination tournament is 9 weeks. This would be perfect since baseball will be only 9 weeks long for the COVID-19 shortened season.

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Playoffs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. I cant add a player because Keone Kela IS still on the IL, but yahoo says he is not active. Please fix.

I can't add a player because Keone Kela IS still on the IL (09/09), but yahoo says he is not active. Please fix

Signed in as (Sign out)

Responded  ·  4 comments  ·  Disabled List  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Baseball rain delays

games that have not started that are in a rain delay, we should be able to edit and bench those players!!!!! please fix

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Scoring  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

If a player’s game is officially postponed (PPD), you can move that player to the bench and swap him out for another player on your roster even after the game’s originally scheduled start time. Note that if any stats have been counted for the game (for any player) before the game is postponed, the roster position will remain locked and cannot be edited.

Players in games with a status of delayed will be locked. Only when the game is officially postponed will the player be unlocked.

5. Will there be the option to add head-to-head playoffs to a points-only regular season league format this year?

Will there be the option to add head-to-head playoffs to a points-only regular season league format this year?

With the season being so short- we would like to do points-only then a 2 week playoff head-to-head style

Is this a possibility?

We have a 14 team league (one of the greatest leagues in the USA) and a short season would not be great for head to head but we need to protect the playoffs and crown a true champion.

Thank you, we anxiously await your feedback on this pressing matter

-James T. Ventresca
    Commissioner/ Manager TTP/ 3 Time PBR Cup…

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi James,

We appreciate your feedback.

There will not be an option for the commissioner to add head-to-head playoffs in a points only league. Once scoring begins you would need Yahoo to change scoring from points only to head-to-head.

If you want to hold a 2 week playoff, you could write down the standings of your points only league, contact Yahoo to change to a head-to-head league and then you’d be able to set your seedings and matchups for the playoffs based off the points only standings.

Thanks,

Product Support

6. Can you please explain to me why Jordan Hicks isn’t either on the IL or listed as NA?

Can you please explain to me why Jordan Hicks isn’t either on the IL or listed as NA?

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Disabled List  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Please report the standings up to the minute. Jon Voit got a HR, and it hasn't Yet shown up in his stats...What's wrong here???

Hey you guys, according to MLB.com, and everybody else, Jon Voit homered...but you don't have it down as such in his stats ...What gives??
    Makes me wonder if more stats aren't being shown...???

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello Ellen,

Thanks for reaching out.

There was a temporary issue with stats not updating for baseball but this should be resolved. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Thanks,

Product Support

8. What's the holdup on designating Austin Meadows being on the IL?

What's the holdup on designating Austin Meadows being on the IL?

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Disabled List  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Scoring  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

When a game is suspended, the stats for the affected players are retroactively applied once play resumes by using stat corrections. Since stat corrections are only processed on Mondays there may be a posting delay.

11. COVID-19 designation

So this is a new designation given to players. Much like IL players can be put in our IL spot, and NA players can be put in the NA spot, a COVID-19 player can only occupy our active roster. Is there any way to change this at this point in our season?

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Disabled List  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello John,

Thank you for your feedback.

Players with the Covid-19 designation have been updated and can now be placed in the IL roster spot. We apologize for the delay and appreciate your patience while we got this resolved.

Thanks,

Product Support

12. My league says the regular season is over. It won't let me change the settings for the playoff date or the start of the regular season.

My league says the regular season is over each time I try to change the playoff dates. Right now we have no regular season schedule. I try to go in and change it through the league settings but I get this response:

"You cannot edit the schedule once the regular season is over. (Error #511)"

What is Error #511? Can someone with Yahoo please take a look at my league and fix this. I had a technician email me today and tell me to change the playoff dates on the settings but it won't let me do that. I doubt…

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Jordan Montgomery

Give Jordan Montgomery, who is the starting pitcher for the Yankees in one of their games with the Phillies on 8/5, an SP designation.

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Position Eligibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Robert,

Thanks for your feedback.

Jordan Montgomery is listed as a pitcher (P) in our fantasy game. If your league does not roster this position, then he will have to earn either the SP or RP eligibility by making 3 starts to be a starter, or 5 relief appearances to qualify as a reliever to be present in the player pool in your league.

Thanks,

Product Support

14. Sandy Alcantara Covid-19 IL spot

Reports are out that he tested positive, please provide him with the correct status of Covid-19.

"Marlins ace Sandy Alcantara is among the 15 Miami players who are positive."

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Szymon,

Once our data provider has updated the player’s status who has been confirmed as testing positive for Covid, it will then update in our system.

Thanks,

Product Support

15. Fantasy baseball roster size

Dynasty leagues require much more than 30 roster spots. The maximum size should be increased to 60 so that each team can own all of its players and prospects. This should not be a huge tech lift and really is not adding anything new other than changing one aspect. Right now dynasty leagues have to be played on other sites like Fantrax. Making this change would allow Yahoo to gain much more usage from the dynasty community.

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Why does Jordan Montgomery only have a "P" desi

In the last three years he has appeared in 37 mlb games and 2 minor league games, all but one of the minor league game as starter. Injury should not cause him to lose SP eligibility. He does not even show up as an available player in a league that only has SP and RP positions

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Position Eligibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Karl,

Players changing positions can affect how you manage your team. Their positions are determined based on info from the MLB roster and past performance. Once the player has gained eligibility, they won’t lose it even if they don’t make additional appearances in the season.

Determine eligibility or rookie status
    The number of games a player completes determines rookie status or player eligibility.

Position eligibility – 5 starts or 10 total appearances in a position.
    Pitcher eligibility – 3 starts to be a starter, or 5 relief appearances to qualify as a reliever.
    Rookie status – less than 130 at-bats, 50 pitched innings, or 45 days on the active roster for a Major League club during the 25 player limit.

Since Montgomery only has the P eligibility, he will have to earn SP/RP in leagues that only roster these positions or add the P roster…

17. Tyler Clippard achieved a Hold on 8/17. Yahoo sports not yet logged it.

Tyler Clippard got a Hold on 8/17. Yahoo Sports not logged it yet.

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Scoring  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Fran,

You can see criteria for a hold for Yahoo Fantasy at https://help.yahoo.com/kb/SLN6910.html.

One of the criteria include the pitcher coming into a hold situation. A hold situation is not considered if the pitcher comes into the game before the 6th inning of a game. Clippard came into the game on the 17th in the 5th inning and therefore would not meet the criteria for a hold in fantasy scoring.

Thanks,

Product Support

18. Spener Torkelson

Why is he not in yahoo when he has been signed by a MLB team?

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Responded  ·  0 comments  ·  Scoring  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Allow for a "choice" of season type in your settings.

Been playing for years!!! And a commissioner. This shorter Baseball season has been really fun as opposed to the loooong grind albeit rewarding to win at the end.

My out of the box suggestion is to be able chose to Season Type - by "dividing" season into two halves - A Spring and Summer with a 4 Team Playoff ending both. .. If someone wins both Spring and Summer they would be declared Champion of the Year. Otherwise the Winner of each half season would meet in a Season Finale match up for Title. I hope someone likes the idea.…

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 28 29
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base