Fantasy Baseball

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our self-paced help on our help site. This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Draft date extensions due to delay in season

Are the deadlines for Fantasy Baseball drafts going to be extended due to the delay in the start of the season?

Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Draft Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Change the Start Date of Week 1

The start of the regular season will be delayed by at least two weeks. Start week 1 at least two weeks later and adjust when new information is available.

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Scoring  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. FAAB?

Changing to FAAB will lose me as a long time loyal customer of pro leagues. Have ZERO interest in this format.

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Waivers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello,

Thanks for reaching out with your feedback.

We are continually refining our fantasy games. The change in waivers was as it is a fairer method for all players involved. Your feedback will be provided to our product team.

If you do not wish to play under these types of waiver settings, there will eventually be Custom Cash Leagues available to join. You would just have to find a league with settings you are looking for in the waivers.

Thanks,

Product Support

4. Let us play 2020 fantasy baseball with Strat-o-matic stats!

Strat-o-matic is playing out this season and there are daily stats. Can we temporarily switch to playing this season, with the teams we've already drafted, with those fake stats? When MLB restarts, we'll revert to real baseball, but in the meantime, it would keep us coming back to Yahoo and give us a ton of good entertainment.

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Scott,

Thanks for your feedback.

We understand in these times, there is a need for something to entertain us while there are no major sports going on.

We will get your suggestion to our product team.

Thanks,

Product Support

5. Please, Please, Please...Expand the Roster size to 40+.

This is MLB standard and most dynasty/keeper leagues go beyond your current 30 max.

To see that people have been asking for this for 7-8 years is silly that you haven't changed this.

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Allow to see how many voted a traded

There should be a way that we can see how many managers voted against a traded. If is that possible. Thanks

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for this feedback. We love hearing new ideas from our members as that helps us keep our platform on the leading edge. I will relay this suggestion to our product team.

7. Please do away with the new waiver budget for roto sports!

I have been playing fantasy sports over 20 years and it is not a good system. I can't understand how anyone can be happy with this, it isn't enjoyable.

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Waivers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Disabled List  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello Dale,

Thank you for providing your feedback!

While it has been reported that Ramon Laureano will be placed on the IL, in Yahoo Fantasy Baseball, a player must be listed on the official MLB Injury Report and placed on the IL by his respective team to have DL/IL status.

If you check the A’s team roster at http://m.mlb.com/oak/roster, you will find that Laureano is still listed on the active 25-man roster, thus not meeting the criteria to be listed on the DL/IL.

Thanks,

Product Support

9. You could allow us to draft 10 teams per yahoo id.

This would help those of us who are suffering from the lack of baseball, to reduce the pain a little bit.

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Thanks for providing your feedback.

We continually work to refine our games to make them enjoyable for our members to play.

We will get your suggestion over to our product team.

Thanks,

Product Support

10. Please use an identity verification service that does not require a SSN or DL.

Other fantasy services such as CBS and Fanball only require users to enter only their basic personal information (i.e., legal name, address, birth date) to be verified as a single user. Requesting a SSN or DL for verification is an unnecessary risk and could potentially lead to identity theft. There are plenty of identity verification services that do not require sensitive personal information.

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Fantasy Profile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Show the Pro League which is closest to filling

After entering all the league parameters here

baseball.fantasysports.yahoo.com/b1/reg/joinleague/pro

and clicking "join"

have a link to join the available pro league with the most managers at the top of the payment page

baseball.fantasysports.yahoo.com/b1/makepayment

For example, if I choose "Head-to-Head", "$50" and "Live Standard Draft" but the draft date and time I selected has 3 out of 12 managers show me a link to the pro league with the same parameters but with the highest number of managers already in the league.

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

Thank you for your feedback.

Managers are placed into Pro Leagues at random so family members, co-workers and friends cannot join the same league. Including a link of this type would allow for friends to note I joined this league with 10 out of 12 members in it, try to join that one.

The option you are proposing could make it easier to fill leagues but also makes it easier for people who know each other to join leagues which could league to a higher possibility of collusion in the leagues. We will get your suggestion to our product team.

Thanks,

Product Support

12. Please add DH as a selectable position when MLB changes rule to universal DH this season.

Please add DH as a selectable position when MLB changes rule to universal DH this season. There will be a sizable group of DHs once NL teams start using DHs. I would love to create a new position.

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello JP,

Thanks for your feedback.

There will be no change to add a DH roster position in Fantasy Baseball this year or for the foreseeable future at this time.

Should the MLB decide to permanently implement this option, we will continue to monitor and our product team will look into this type of roster position.

Thanks,

Product Support

13. Delete Fantasy Profiles from the Website

profiles.sports.yahoo.com shouldn't be viewable by other league memebers.

Managers who have drafted teams are at a disadvantage because their player preferences are made available to other managers. I have had other managers tell me that they took a player because they knew I was going to take that player in round x. Fantasy profiles shouldn't be linked to a team.

Having a veteran status an identifying a team as being managed by a veteran manager seems fine. Fantrax is set up better in this regard.

Yahoo changed the waiver settings in an attempt to make things more fair. I am…

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Fantasy Profile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Computer simulation games.

For leagues that have already drafted their teams, I would like to see computer simulated games like MLB did earlier this month. A short season schedule could be made with game results published daily. Then a short end of the "lockdown baseball" championship round. This would be fun, and also would give team owners an idea how their drafted teams will do once baseball is back up.

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. divisions

Is there a way to create divisions

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Custom "Can't Cut List"

Commissioner should be able to create a custom can't cut list for Keeper Leagues. We have custom contract rules with a 2-year committed contract. Players in the 2-year contract cannot be cut however we have no automated way to manage it. Creating the ability to customize your can't cut list would be a great feature to help us manage this.

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Can't Cut List  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. MLB Fantasy Baseball

I have run a fantasy MLB league for over 10 years. I would really appreciate it if Yahoo would just let the existing leagues determine if they even want to participate at all this year. If they could just bring back the 2019 rosters when the 2021 season starts that would be great. Thanks, Len Sternesky

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Len,

Currently, a commissioner can renew a fantasy league from year to year as long as that league was active and drafted in the previous year.

You can create a new league and use the commissioner tools to manually assign certain keeper players or the entire roster from the 2019 season to a team’s roster once the team list has been finalized.

You can also create a league URL and enable the history for the new league to have the history from previous seasons of the league.

Thanks,

Product Support

18. 5 day matchups for H2H

5 day weeks for H2H matchups to get more weeks in. Especially with more double headers and less off days would work well.

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Move the Season Start Date Later

The season will not begin anytime soon so push the start date at least one month ahead.

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Please make 'Slugging Percentage Against' one of the pitching stat categories starting in 2020!

On-base Percentage Against is an available pitching stat category, yet Slugging Percentage Against isn't? I feel it's obviously appropriate to dock a pitcher for allowing hits, but each hit is not created equally as there is a weighted sum attached to each of the four hits. Slugging percentage against accomplishes this as it involves total bases allowed. For example, if Pitcher A gives up 10 hits in a start (three doubles, three triples, and four home runs), and Pitcher B also gives up 10 hits in his start (eight singles, one double and one triple), I would want there to…

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 19 20
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base