Fantasy Basketball

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our self-paced help on our help site. This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Commissioners need to be able to adjust scoring for specific out of system rules.

Commissioners should be able to adjust scoring for rules the league has that yahoo cannot incorporate into their site. For example, we have a 28 max starts per week. If you go over that, you automaticlly lose the week 10-0. Because I cannot adjust the scoring, I now have to keep the standings manually.

358th ranked
    Sign in Sign in with: Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Scoring  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 529th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Scoring  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Scoring discrepancy

Fix please......All Pro League #39426 All my players are active for yesterday when I click on my team. When I click on the current score where my team is compared to my competitor several of my players are not active there and not being credited with yesterdays scoring.

529th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Scoring  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Bug Report on Matchup Page Regarding Stats Updatedness

On the Matchup page, every day during the afternoon hours in my timezone (Hong Kong Time around 3-4pm), the stats are showing data from the previous day. It has happened for the last 2 years and hope that this gets fixed.

Example, I had a guy who played this morning and his stats are not added to the results nor is it showing up on the matchup page.

358th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Scoring  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Allow Commish to Adjust Previous Weeks' Lineup

Sometimes there are circumstances where a trade goes through and disrupts a valid lineup, or someone is away and unable to make the adjustments on their own. We, as commissioners, should be allowed to complete adjustments for prior scoring periods. From an auditing perspective, everyone will still see the adjustments made in the league details. While drafts go bad or players get hurt and that's all part of basketball, having a lineup that is "broken" for any number of reasons can take the competitive fire out of owners and ruin their season and participation - it's preventable and makes for…

496th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Why isn't "Slam Dunks" a category?

Please make dunks a category.

I've been writing for years about this. Can you please make it a category this season? PLEASE!

529th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Scoring  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Add a category to combine total fouls and turnovers.

It would be great to combine both of these "negative" categories into one for head to head category leagues.

529th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Wrong Minutes Dinwiddie

Hi team,
    you list Dinwiddie with 13min in his game against the Suns on 10/31. The official box score has him with 22min.
    Thanks

529th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. scoring

can we have projected winners weekly like in Fantasy Football. this feature add excitement to weekly matchups

401st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. New NBA official Fantasy Basketball scoring system

Will Yahoo! implement this? It says on the news that "The new scoring model will be integrated into NBA.com’s stat pages and used in official fantasy NBA games on Yahoo!, FanDuel, NBA InPlay, PlayON and Dream11." I am not yet used to this new type of scoring, only 6-cat and basically disregards player efficiency (no FG% and no FT%). Also, no 3PTM like in standard 9-cat.

Sources:

https://fansided.com/2017/10/05/nba-releases-official-fantasy-scoring-system/

http://www.espn.com/fantasy/basketball/story/_/id/20916781/fantasy-basketball-nba-embraces-fantasy-basketball-introduces-official-scoring-system

401st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Scoring to make fantasy basketball almost as good as fantasy football

Instead of the categories that we have all become accustomed to, a point system should be implemented (probably using the values you guys use to rank players). Since not all players play the same amount of games each week, an average of stats per game should be taken. An average of per minute would also work and account for injuries, but injuries aren't accounted for in football.

This would also work for baseball

235th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Scoring  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Get rid of the beta "standings" change. It sucks big time.

Get rid of the beta "standings" change. It sucks big time. You can't sort the list at all. It's a static mess.

190th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Please allow us to set game limits on daily roster NBA leagues

IN a daily roster league, you can start someone every day and win categories by simply accumulating the most games. I'd like to be able to cap the amount of games played in a week so that injured players can be sat, but games can't be inordinately accumulated.

332nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 293rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 529th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Live scoring beta testing during playoffs? Seriously?

Leave it to Yahoo to force beta testing on users during playoffs. Another unforced error....as if it matters.

269th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Why is opponent with maxed out position still show players in the max position with their stats when it should show zero?

show zero for the players in maxed out positions.. still looks like u are giving them points.. policy on this please!

529th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. I see the Leave Live Scoring Link, but the links to the sortable columns are still wrong

I see that Yahoo has provided a "Leave Live Scoring" link on the Live Scoring Beta" standings page that takes you to the old standings page, but when you click on a column to sort it you are taken back to the Live Scoring Beta page instead of getting the sort you want. You will need to add "&live=0" (without the quotes) to the end of each of those links to actually get the stats sorted by the column you chose.

401st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Fix player rankings

When I get on my team's roster page, I like to see who is doing best for the last 14 days, or 7 days, or 30 days. When I call up the stats for these periods, the "current rank" doesn't change with the stats, but just remains the same as the year-to-date rank. This makes it hard to identify who's hot or cold. They have changed in the past.

332nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Scoring  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Games Played Minimum

Can you please impose a games played minimum similar to innings pitched minimum in baseball? This would prevent teams from playing 1 guy, benching the rest of his players for the week, then winning fg%, ft%, 3pt% and TO.

Thank you,
    TK

235th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base