Fantasy Basketball

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our self-paced help on our help site. This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Please help us add WINS category, so that we can draft head coaches at the end of draft! it will make end of draft more interesting!

Please help us add WINS category, so that we can draft head coaches at the end of draft! it will make end of draft more interesting, and prevent people from exiting drafts so early! I love yahoo fantasy, this is the most important recommendation i've always wanted to say in the last decade!

yahoo standard roto 5x5
    yahoo stanard roto 5x5 plus coachs (add a Wins category, make end of draft more interesting, people wont be quitting drafts early, it's a win win situation!)

352nd ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Scoring  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Please add EFG% category!

EFG% category would be great

211th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  4 comments  ·  Scoring  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. FG & FT attempted

Show standings to include FG & FT attempted in Roto leagues - otherwise you cant properly understand the impact of trades on categories

527th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Scoring  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Head to head points

For all that is holy, please add a Yahoo Pro league that is based on points already. How long is this going to take? CBSSports has done it forever but Yahoo can't? It's literally the only reason I still go to CBS for basketball fantasy still. It doesn't make sense. Roto & category scoring is so boring compared to the points system. Please Yahoo, get it together and add this as an option.

507th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Scoring  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. More efficient and realistic Fantasy basketball scoring system: TS%, PPP, or 2FG% added to go with 3fg%

Regarding custom leagues, yahoo should allow us to replace fg% with 2fg%, and adding it to ft% and 3pt%, so it makes the TS% and Points per attempt of a player more equal,. Or just have one % cat like TS%/Points per Attempt(including fts, 2fgs, 3pts as one attempt like synergy keeps track of), and removing the fg, ft and 3's made which is useless when it comes to TS% of a player

527th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Scoring  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 2 Point Field Goal Percentage

Our league would like to add 3PT%, but also change FG% to only include 2PT%. That way FG% doesn't include 3 pointers as well. Other fantasy platforms offer this.

183rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Scoring  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 50-50 league instead of H2H

This can apply to football, basketball, baseball points leagues. For example in a 12 man league, the top 6 scoring teams in a given week get a W and the bottom 6 get a L. Forget the H2H format, this removes the lucky win or unlucky loss and really rewards the best teams every week. It also adds a lot of drama down the stretch at the end of the week because you are facing off against multiple teams instead of just 1. Will keep everyone interested and is just more fair. This is a no brainer to me. H2H…

396th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Increase the Number of INJ spots for standard settings

Players get injured quite frequently. Please consider increasing the number of INJ spots from 2 to 4.

396th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Scoring  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. New scoring category for next year: (Pts + Reb + Ast) / TO

This category could help provide a more descriptive indication of a player's fantasy value.

Thank you Jordan from the fantasy team for the support.

2nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Please explain why, as a commissioner, I cannot change roster moves after the games are done, like in football.

For some unknown reason, as a commissioner in a bball league, I cannot make changes to the other teams lineups, after the games are over, as long as said teams let me know to change them for them, cause they had no chance to do their lineups, now the players are on the bench, and they got no credit for the points. What gives? In yahoo fantasy football I could change players lineups at any time. Please help me. People are complaining.

22nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  35 comments  ·  Scoring  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Please add True Shooting Percentage as a category

Adding TS% would allow my league to use that instead of using both field goal and free throw percentage. It tells a better story of a player's value and doesn't penalize players that are 65% free throw shooters (in real life I would gladly have a guy that gets to the line a lot and coverts that often, it yields 1.30 points per possession). Doing this would also allow me to get rid of turnovers and still have an odd number of Roto categories which helps for playoffs. (Cats would be TS%, 3s, pts, reb, ast, steals, blocks). Thank you.

49th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  6 comments  ·  Scoring  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Max games per week option in head-to-head leagues.

Allow a setting where there can be a maximum number of games played each week in head-to-head matchups.

This prevents uneven matchups based on volume- especially in deeper leagues- which compromises the competitive strategy of the game.

11th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  32 comments  ·  Scoring  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Weekly Minutes Limits

One of the biggest problems in Fantasy Basketball is the NBA's staggered schedule. It's possible during the week for one team to play 2 games, another to play three or sometimes even four games. It's almost impossible to keep up if your opponents players are playing 3 or 4 games, while yours are only playing two or three.

I've seen some fantasy coaches suggest weekly signing limits - but that's a horrible idea. Especially during the first week and the final week of the season when the schedule is elongated. What I'd like to suggest is some options for Weekly…

57th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Add the Option to have Weekly Average Per Player Scoring in Head to Head points.

Add the Option to have Weekly Average Per Player Scoring in Head to Head points. As well as add the Double Double, Triple Double, and Quadruple Double categories.

I literally pay $130 every year for my basketball league is CBS Sports because they have these options. Especially the averages...

Example: Lebron James scores 60, 55, 50 in 3 games for the week. Instead of him having a score of 165pts for the week, his average would be 55pts for the week.

This eliminates an owner from starting players with more games in a week to get an advantage on their…

14th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  12 comments  ·  Scoring  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Yahoo fantasy bball rankings not based on different league cats anymore?

I have PF's and 3pt% in my league but it seeems to be using the generic ranks now and it's not helping us

396th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Scoring  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. 527th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Allow commissioners the ability to retroactively change the results of a matchup

For leagues that get set up incorrectly or need to make a change. This already exists for football so it should for basketball as well

396th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 527th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. I would like to suggest that YAHOO Fantasy Basketball be modified to limit the number games in a given week that will count toward points

I would like to suggest that YAHOO Fantasy Basketball be modified to limit the number games in a given week that will count toward fantasy point totals. For example in given week with fifteen active players participating in an average of three games a week, that would equate to a maximum number of 45 games that would count toward the two competitors total fantasy points that week. Therefore the players started during that week would driven by the quality of the player and/or rest. Not only would this make the overall experience less time consuming but less dependent on pure…

352nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. add the feature so we can retroactively fix scoring errors in the event Yahoo glitches

Tuesday there was a glitch for one of the managers. It showed two players as having games, who did not; and had two other players showing as no game, when they actually had games. So the manager "Why am I doing this" set his lineup based on that info. He actually took a screen shot. He ended up inadvertently benching two players who had had games and lost out on like 50.5 points.

Need to add the feature so we can retroactively fix scoring errors in the event Yahoo glitches.

396th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base