Fantasy Basketball

Fantasy Basketball

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our self-paced help on our help site. This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Filtering through free agents players

You should be able to filter through players you may want to add from the wavier wire according to the date (Opp: 2/23). For example all available players that play on 2/23/2019.

515th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Waivers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 382nd ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Waivers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Tomorrow tab

Search for players using a “tomorrow” tab. A way to just look at the players who are playing the following day. Also bring back the trash talk bubble on the matchup page.

382nd ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Added/Dropped Players Notification

PLEASE create more specific notification options to see if another team has added or dropped a player. My league does not use a waiver wire system. This can’t be a hard feature to implement, it already exists in other fantasy apps we’ve used in the past.

515th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. FAAB: Allow commish to set time of day for waiver processing

Apparently ESPN allows the commish to set the time of say waiver claims are processed for FAAB bidding.

Several managers in our league want this feature so we can set a more appropriate time.

504th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. FAAB Bids Reporting Structure is Flawed

There is no reason why a conditional waiver bid should be listed on the transaction page as a losing bid. For example, I put in a claim for George Hill for $1, dropping Kenneth Faried. In case that failed, I put in a $0 claim for Kyle Korver, dropping Kenneth Faried. My #1 claim, for Hill, was successful. That should have been the end of it. Instead, my team still shows up in the FAAB list of bids as a losing bid for Kyle Korver, since another team bid for Korver and won because he had a higher priority (same…

209th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Waivers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Increase Player Adds to 6 for First Month (Only)

Hi, please consider increasing the player add weekly limit to 6 instead of 4 for the first 1 month of the season/play.

We're still figuring out our draft hits and misses, and our team's actual strengths and weaknesses, just like real NBA teams, for the first few weeks.

4 adds is too limiting in the early season while we fill out our roster weaknesses and tinker with our draft hits and misses.

Thank you!

382nd ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Waivers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Commissioners Tool for adjusting what time waivers run and adding Game Time Waivers to Fantasy Basketball.

We should be given the right to set the time for when waivers run (currently at 3am only). In the fantasy hoops, most owners use the following morning to gather stats from last night's games. Then they will put in waiver claim that same day.

Also, please add the game time waivers to the NBA. This will allow FAAB leagues to have a dailly FA period after waivers for owners to pick up players as news breaks on day of games. Once games start the FAs move back to waivers until the next scheduled processing of waivers.

57th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  10 comments  ·  Waivers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Free agent priority

In Fantasy basketball allow teams to pick up free agents in the reverse order of standings. Why do they allow this feature in baseball and football but not basketball. Makes no sense.

515th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Commissioner Tools: Edit Player Waiver Dates Option Has an Error

The option has an error when the Waiver is set to 7 or more days. If you want to edit a single Date for a Player, those who are over that mark, ie April 5th are automatically set to March 29th instead of its actual date, and only have the option to set it up to april 4th. I dont know if being at the end of Fantasy Seasons has an effect over it.

Either dont have auto edit over all waiver players, only letting you change the one you want, or extend the posible options so you can set…

382nd ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Two separate settings for the Time Players Are On The Waivers in continuous waiver mode.

In continuous waiver mode, can we get two separate settings for the "Time Players Are On The Waivers".

One for all unowned players in the free agent pool and another for dropped players.

Please add this ability to set a different length of time on each of these.

382nd ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I would like to know how get into a league where you can sign people every day?

A league you can add more than 10 people a week or 8 per day!

515th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Waivers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Increase player adds per week

Currently, Yahoo fantasy basketball is uber boring!
    Basically all you get to do is click "play active players"
    There is no thinking involved bc you never have to make lineup decisions.

#1 Set a 4pm EST deadline.
    B4 4pm acquisition processes the following day.
    After 4pm acquisition occurs 2 days later.
    This prevents manager from gaming the system.

#2 Use a waiver rule. All players go on waivers at tip time. The waiver stays in effect until 5am the following day (just like football). This gives everyone a chance to take a look at the wire.

Another option. If you…

382nd ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Waivers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. trade waiver priority

the ability for managers to include their waiver priority in trades would be nice

336th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. 515th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Can we have more flexibility in setting move limits per team?

For example, an in season tool for the commissioner to edit move limits per team. Currently, we have commissioner tools to edit trades and moves, but no option to edit move limits. Only a global limit for the whole season.

I want to encourage more trading in the league by tying trades with move limits,i.e. give extra moves based on completed trades. Thus, having a tool to edit individual move limits will allow me to try out this incentive.

382nd ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Minimum FAAB Bid Needed. $0 to acquire a player is not realistic. Players don't play for free.

Currently, free agents can be acquired for $0 during the season. This is fine for a casual league, however there needs to be a setting for a minimum bid to acquire a player for standard and more serious leagues.

Players don't play for free. There is always a league minimum for what a player gets paid to play.

Also, Yahoo currently forces a minimum of $1 for each player during the auction draft. So clearly the concept of paying players a minimum exists in Yahoo fantasy world. Why does it makes sense to make that feature for the draft and…

80th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  7 comments  ·  Waivers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Allow player in a trade proposition to be nominated for a waiver claim as well

As of right now, if I have a player that is included in a trade proposition from me then I can't create a waiver claim that would have me drop that same player. I don't understand why that is. I should be able to create multiple scenarios with the same player and edit their priority. Perhaps there is a low player that I want to sell high on in a packaged deal trade, but there is a waiver wire claim I would also like to explore. I should be able to propose a trade and create a waiver claim. Whether…

85th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base