Fantasy Basketball

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our self-paced help on our help site. This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. A scoreboard page

ESPN has a Scoreboard page that shows all matchups with the category stats. Can we get such a page for Yahoo?
    This is very usefull when you want to comapre all cats with different teams.

Additionally, a Daily Leaders page where we can see the top players currently playing (ranked from player with the most points that night and on and updates live)

123rd ranked

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Salaries of Players and Teams

1. Yahoo should list on each team's roster the amount that each player was drafted for during an auction draft or spent on via waivers. It helps managers keep track of how much it would cost to keep a player the following year. For example, our league rules are that a player costs $3 more to be kept for what they were drafted for during auction, or $3 more than what they were picked up for of the waiver wire.

2. The total current salary of each team should be listed at the bottom (or top) of each team's roster. Our league…

143rd ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Free Agent Filter -- "Today's Games"

For all sports, would it be possible to add a filter in the Free Agent Player pool to filter by players who have a game that current day? ESPN offers this (Playing filter +dropdown = "Today's Games") and is a useful filter for sorting players that will actually play that particular day you are adding for.

123rd ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Cannot renew league

Our League of 15 years cannot be renewed

135th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. IL+ like hockey's IR+?

In Yahoo! Fantasy Hockey, the IR+ roster spots cover any injury that'll force a player to miss time. Yahoo! Fantasy Basketball should have the same feature. I'd argue it's even more important for basketball due to the frequency of minor injuries and rest days. The flexibility would solve countless problems and create a more enjoyable experience for all users.

24th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  20 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. More realistic 30 teams league

Hi! As we are passionate Yahoo Fantasy Basketball players for years, we want to play the game as realistic as possible. So, we kindly request you to check your possibilities to let us play in 30-team leagues. Currently, it is only allowed to play in max 20 team leagues.

By enabling this feature, we, as 30 different players will be able to get our team names from NBA and manage our teams like NBA franchises with similar roster size.

As this season has started our request is for the following seasons. We believe that you can easily set mentioned feature…

30th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  10 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Weekly start limit per team

With the vast unpredictability and imbalance in the NBA season schedule, the number of players a certain fantasy team has playing throughout the week can have a very significant impact on the outcome of that week. I think a weekly start limit option needs to be seriously considered. Similar to the weekly start limit for starting pitchers in fantasy baseball. If you set the limit at, let's say, 40 or 42 starts per week, this guarantees that each team will have the same number of players playing for the week, and benching one of their worst players once or twice…

24th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  17 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Allow users the option of dark screen for better viewing. The white background is ******* the eyes.

Dark background is easier to view then the white background. With poor vision the white forces one to squint and strain to view the page. Please allow users the option of dark or white screens. Thanks

107th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Mock Draft Recommendations

I am sure that everyone here can appreciate the function of a mock draft. It lets us prepare for the real deal, but I find one major flaw in this system. It does not actually give a real life mock draft and this is mainly caused the by the large number of people leaving the draft. There is such an abundance of mock drafts happening every few minutes (not a bad thing) that a large number of people tend to leave mid draft if their draft is not going their way. But in reality that is going to happen in…

106th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. You should be able to edit the order of your leagues in each sport.

Yahoo allows you to be able to edit the order of your leagues in the My teams and leagues section but does not allow you the option of editing the order of your leagues in each sport. It just goes by the order in which a league was started up or the order in which you joined each league. I run multiple leagues and like to have them listed at the top of all my leagues for each sport but that does not always happen if another commish happens to start up his league before I do.

98th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Players listed as "out" should be eligible for the IL

I got crushed last week because I had three guys who missed multiple games (one as many as 4 games - Elfrid Payton), and remained listed as "out," therefore I couldn't place them on the IL. These guys are too good to drop for the extra roster spot, and I predictably ended up losing in every counting stat (I attempted more than 100 fewer FGs than my opponent).

I'm assuming Yahoo doesn't allow "out" players to be placed on the IL because the NBA doesn't allow it, but fantasy =/= real life and there are different challenges. If this were…

37th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  6 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Commissioners help & more....

1. Give the Commissioner a button (Start Active Players) so they can keep dead teams competitive while replacing dead managers.
    2. On team page and waiver wire, put average points per game as the 1st column . We can look at individual stats if needed. Scrolling back and forth on a pad or cell phone is tedious and makes you dizzy.
    75th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Remaining games (projected stats) not updating - MAJOR PROBLEM is back

This problem plagued Yahoo stats for the last couple of years. When the season starts the projected stats for the remainder of the season are not updating to reflect the games that have already been played. They are frozen to what they were in the pre-season. It was fixed at some point mid season last year, but now it's back. Please fix it as soon as possible

71st ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey Konstantin, thanks for calling this out. I’ll pass along to engineering to get this resolved quickly. Good luck this season!

Yahoo Product Support

14. Setting Time Limit for Trades

There should be an option to set a time limit for trade offers. This will encourage players to offer and accept trade more. In fact, the transactions would be much fair since everything changes so quickly.

78th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  4 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. NBA HEADLINES

Stop giving college basketball headlines on NBA Fantasy

107th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Injured list (IL) reform/guidelines

Can we have actual IL list requirements? It is very arbitrary now--
    Bledsoe gets added even though he isn't hurt.
    Beverly is out 2 games and doubtful for a 3rd straight but isn't.
    Paul is removed from IL a day before he plays so I can't add a player.
    Just have set rules like 3 straight games is auto IL. Set times players are added (like before tip off of 3rd game missed). Unless someone is ruled out "indefinitely" or has an announced season-ending injury by the team (not just random Twitter sources), there should be a policy all players…

62nd ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. TV App for Fantasy

Add a Fantasy App to Android / Apple TV that turns your fantasy season into TV Content.

Ideas Include:

Draft Day Ticker - Numbers and Picks stream by as you complete your draft.
    Roto Arcade video content during then season
    View Player Highlights
    Let Faab play out at 7pm everyday before games start. Reveal the picks on the tv app 1 by 1.
    Allow basic roster changes and trades from the app on tv
    Have a ticker showing boxscores during games.

This could be a great compliment to redzone or watching games live.

135th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. New features request

Dear Yahoo NBA Fantasy team,

As a fan and longtime user I'd like to suggest the following features, which I'm sure would make everybody's life much easier.

1. Matches Sums- Every new week we must count the number of matches we have comparing to our opponents- (so it's actually 2 counts). Could you give us the Total Sums (us and our opponent) according to Sunday (end of last week) or Monday (beginning of the new week), so we'll have a bigger picture of what we are facing? Of course the sum could change along the week, especially with unexpected injuries, however…

135th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Please bring polls back!

Our league frequently needs a medium to vote and we are experiencing great trouble ever since the poll feature was removed from the message boards. Please bring back the polls so that we don't have to use external mediums. It would be a great convenience for all leagues who need voting.

107th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Yahoo should be able to keep track of player salaries post auction drafts

Much to my surprise, I found out today that Yahoo doesn't keep track of player salaries post-draft. In an auction, you are given a budget to draft a team. Once that is done, you may be in a salary cap league (like myself) and can only bid on free agents using a FAAB budget up to a set amount. If the league can't keep track of the salaries, what good is it?

60th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  4 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base