Skip to content

Yahoo Mail Basic

Basic Mail provides base functionality like reading and writing messages, but does not include many of the advanced options. To use these features, we recommend upgrading to full-featured version of Yahoo Mail.

Tell us how we can improve your Yahoo Mail – Basic experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review regularly and take them very seriously. Our Guidelines have more on how you can give great feedback.

For online help or to contact Yahoo Customer Care with tech, abuse, or general inquiries, click here

If you think your account has been compromised or if you need help getting back in, get immediate assistance

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

111 results found

1. can not sign in, yahoo will not help, poor support

below is the reply from support, you do what they say and its a run around, nothing will help you, they say call them,,,,,,,,your on hold for 5 minutes then they hang up on you,,,,,,,,i get a response like below , its a generated response for every problem , WILL NOT HELP ME AT ALL, why don't they have a actual e-mail address to write to....

they say to call them to get support,,,,,,ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

Product Support (Admin, Yahoo) responded · Jun 26, 2014

I’m very sorry that you’re having so much trouble regaining access to your account! Unfortunately I am…

30th ranked

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Stop messing with my email. Every few months I get blocked because yahoo claims there was "suspicious activity" or yahoo pretends not to re

Stop messing with my email. Every few months I get locked out either because yahoo claims there was "suspicious activity" or pretends not to recognize my computer, the same computer I ALWAYS sign in with. Sometimes it takes an hour or two, sometimes it takes a few days to get back in. I'm starting to think I need a non yahoo address for a backup, but if that's the case why bother with a yahoo address at all?

17th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. 37th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. 16th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. When are you ******* idiots going to fix yahoo email?

Maybe you should all stop crawling up that CEO's *** and do some freeking work for a change...what a joke...cant post this as I CANT FREKKIN SIGN IN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

24th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Please Pleae stop i do not want to change my password I will never ever give out my phone number so please stop asking me

Please Pleae stop i do not want to change my password I will never ever give out my phone number so please stop asking me I should not have to keep being asked I have skipped it for the last three months if it continues I will have to stop using this email cause it is not worth the headache that you give me. As it is I have decicided to pay Verizon to have an email there cause of the frustration I get from just trying to log on you only allowing me to skip and not stop asking…

30th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Please stop the annoying phone verification.

Like most people I talk to, I am using other email servers. This phone thing drives me crazy. You will learn after you lose your advertising revenue and no one uses it any longer.

45th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Your Key sign in feature sucks

I was asked to transfer to a key thing, which I did. Now I can't even access my mails from my desktop and other gadgets. It used to be synchronized. Everything was going fine.

I tried following the instructions you gave. Ok, so maybe, I am too dumb and could not follow. But tell me, is it just me? I am seeing many others expressing the same discontent. I have been on this email address ever since. Sure, I can switch to another provider. It will be burdensome for me, I will need to either advise or manually change my…

25th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. log in and password should be on the same screen

I notice the last few days when I log in to yahoo im entering my SN on my screen and my PW on another. it doesn't even let me know im logged in its like I have to go to the drop down look for yahoo and click the link to open my Home page. WHY?
    log in and PW should be on the same screen and its asking me to save some weird ex: KTYSPJD.login to the computer for future log in. I get you guys are trying to keep up with times.. BUt I been having yahoo since…

120th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I would like to have a code sent by text to enter when a pw change is attempted.

Upgraded Security. I had my email password changed without my knowledge and a code sent to my phone already listed would have prevented this. I would like to see this additional security step added when a password change is attempted.

281st ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. get rid of the account key

Go back to a password only. I cannot be texted as My phone does not work when I am out of the country , which I am now and every year about 3-4 months. The key is a pain **********. I have been with yahoo mail for at least 25 years and am very much considering leaving.

61st ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. 70th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. it really is a pain in the butt to sign in. what if people dont have another access to email to sign in

it is a pain to sign in. what if people do not have another way of getting a key code to sign in. stop this and go back to the simple way.

120th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. 89th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. why should I have to keep going to get a code to sing into my e-mail. that's ********!!

Just let me sign in the old way without having to go through my cell to get a code so I can sign in...and stop making me have to change my password

70th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. For the past week I have had trouble accessing my e-mail. I'm tired of going through changes in password and secret codes sent to other dev

For the past week I have had trouble getting access to my e-mail. I am tired of constantly having to change my password and getting secret codes sent to another device every time I want to read an e-mail. Please give me a human being to call so that I can resolve whatever at Yahoo is blocking my access. Have you changed your system to something that has flaws?

120th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Can't access email

Trying to access my email accounts and this new format is for the birds! I input my email address, click on continue, then enter my password and when I try to access the account I get a message I have to open some JPSON file which does not open! I have to keep going to HELP to get a code to get into my accounts. WHAT IS GOING ON YAHOO.....STOP FIXING THAT THAT DOES NOT NEED FIXING!!!!!

191st ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Didn't think you could make sign in a pain in the butt, but you managed with the separate screens for name and password

Stop screwing around with things that weren't broken. Find something else for your tech staffers to do, like play scrabble, chess, or poker, or send them over to bother Gmail or something

120th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Ridiculous that I have to verify my identity every time I visit my hometown in MExico

I think that just putting in my password is just enough to verify who I am..no one else knows it..I have to go through a message verification and my cell phone does not work here or a verification code in my hotmail..Why should I have to go through this every time?

89th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Get rid of the robot check or simplify it so people like myself can see the images clearly.

The robot check is annoying and confusing. It is also difficult to see many of the images. Please tighten security in another way.

191st ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 6
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base