My Yahoo - US

To our loyal users of My Yahoo,

Our goal for My Yahoo is to give you a way to organize the web around your diverse set of interests. Your passion for My Yahoo inspires us to work hard to make it better everyday, and we’re just getting started. We’ve seen — and heard — the impassioned response about the revamped My Yahoo. You’ve shared lots of great feedback, and we want you to know we’re doing more than just listening. Here’s an update on your most popular requests:

• Scoreboard app (Oct 31, update) – The My Teams feature is now available (it includes the teams you were following before migrating to the new My Yahoo).
  • Movies and In Theatres (Oct 31, update) – The “In Theatres” app (previously known as the Movies app) now allows you to save your favorite theatres by location (your settings from the old My Yahoo will also be transferred to the new app)
  • My Portfolio app (Oct 9, update) – You are now able to see multiple portfolios at once by clicking on the All Portfolios drop down.
  • Weather Location (Dec 20, update) – You are now able to save Multiple Locations using the location picker on the Weather app. To save multiple locations, use the star icon within the location picker located on the top right of the Weather app.
  • Font Size and Compact view for News (Dec 20, update) – You are now able to re-size font of your My Yahoo page by selecting your preferred one on the main Edit Layout button and to choose a compact or full view for your news modules using the Edit Settings button on the cog wheel.
  • Today app (Feb 2, update) – You are now able to add “Today” app to your customized page. Find it in the Add Content section.
  • Portfolio (Feb 5, update) – The My Portfolio app has been enhanced to support totals now. You can also choose to Show/Hide it for all Portfolios.
  • Bookmarks (Feb 14, update) – You can now access all of your bookmarks without browsing through folders. Click the “All” section in the drop-down and view all your folders/bookmarks together.
  • Calendar (Feb 14, update) – All of your daily calendar appointments will now automatically appear together in a list making it more convenient to plan your daily routine.
  • Portfolio (Apr 7, update) – The My Portfolio widget has been updated to reflect both news and stock charts. You can hover over the ticker symbols in your portfolio to review the same.
  • Content View (Apr 25, update) – We have introduced new features to enhance your content consumption experience. First, you can choose from three content view modes (FULL, MEDIUM, COMPACT) by clicking on the settings gear icon located at the bottom right of every module. The full mode offers images, headline, summary view; medium mode offers headline, summary view; compact mode is a headline only treatment. In addition, the compact mode allows you to preview articles inline.

We’ll continue to keep you up to date in this forum… and we’re not done yet – more improvements are on the way. So keep the feedback coming!

Thanks to each and every one of you.

Sincerely,

The My Yahoo Team

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

Help us make My Yahoo better by giving us feedback.

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 1st ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    44 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Plaese let thecostomer decide if they want the changes or not. New layout totaly unacceptable!

I hate the approach by YAHOO in dictating any new proposal to its clients.Common courtesy tells me that you inform your clients first of a new idea and let them decide if they want it or not (or give them at least a choice). YAHOO demonstrates a real dictatorship for which I have no use for it. Please act Canadian!!

2nd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Yahoo logo  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 3rd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    19 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Fix weather bug

I've tried repeatedly to set the 'default' Weather location to my home town to no avail. Apparently I'm not the only one having this problem. If I allow the app to 'auto-detect' my city, it comes up with my STATE! And I've tried repeatedly. I know that some detection software uses the ISP address as its source, but this app doesn't even do that. Also, the default Yahoo News Feed app displays the "Page Can't Be Displayed" iframe even though I've turned off Tracking Protection. Makes for an Ugly Home Page...

Frustrated

4th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Weather  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Why not give us a choice to go back to the old home page ? I know you can do that since I got my old home page back last time you did this.

Give us an optional link to go back to the old home page. I know you can do this because I got my old page back the last time you did this. THe new page look like it was 'dumbed down' as the weather looks like a childs drawing. I don't like the lack of choice to have what I want on my own computer in my own home.

5th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  New My Yahoo  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 6th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 7th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Bugs & Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. I really don't care what the weather is in Sunnyvale, CA.

I don't live in or near Sunnyvale, CA so I don't care what the weather there is. This really sucks.

8th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Weather  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. I want to be able to speak to someone on the phone and get my questions answered. Why do you not answer?

My idea would be that you ANSWER the phone when people call for help. You give a number then say there is a large call volume, so you will not be able to take the call. You say use the website. If I wanted to use the website, I wouldn't have called in the first place. The help part of the website is useless. The quick answers are no help, and they say there are no further solutions. YOUR NEW FORMAT SUCKS AND YOUR CUSSTOMER SERVICE IS USELESS. I am cahnging to a differenht email provider.

9th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    10 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Dear Yahoo! users,

Thank you for your feedback and for posting your comments on this forum. We apologize for your long wait time and any inconvenience you have experienced.

What questions do you have?

Best Regards.

10. Process

Do you view the comments posted? If so you should clearly see that a major mistake was made by changing from the old format. Did you evaluate whether or not the changes brought about real improvements? It appears that the decisions were made in a vacume without any input from anyone who actually used the system. Bad start for the new team!!!!

10th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. 11th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Weather  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Get your ******* Act together. I don't live in Sunnyvale and I don't want ALL the furling scores. Do you guys do the ObamaCare Web Site Al

Get your ******* Act together. I don't live in Sunnyvale and I don't want ALL the ******* ball scores. Did you guys do the ObamaCare Web Site Also

12th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Bugs & Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Your yahoo Help oh Your yahoo Help where is it, There is not help

There is no help in Yahoo Help it's a joke, Some of us need to talk to live people

13th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Dear Yahoo! Help user,

Thank you for your feedback and for posting your comments on this forum. We apologize for any inconvenience that you have experienced.

Please let us know your specific problem, so we can try to help.

You can call Yahoo! Customer Care toll-free at 1-800-318-0612 with your Yahoo! account issues.

Best Regards

14. Every change you have made has worsened this site, but this is the worst change ever. No wonder people are leaving.

Even YOU should be able to look at this site and realize that it is not user-friendly. I want to be able to pick and choose what is on my site and not have what YOU think is appropriate. I've got a sports box on my new site based on my previous site - I've never ever even used a sports site. Not one of my interests at all. Please go back in time to March 30th, 2014 and pretend this never happened. Why are you fixing things that aren't broken?!?!?

14th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. The new format is a step back, here's why....

1) The calendar widget - The option is gone to not show the full calendar as well as to set how many days of events to display.

2) The RSS feed setup is a HUGE step back. Gone is the ability to collapse (+) or expand (-) the feeds. Now the only option is Full (showing a few lines about the topic) or Compact (to just show the topics). Bring that back!!!!!!

3) Also with the RSS feeds gone is the ability to set them as last 24 hours, 2 days, 3 days, etc. The 24 hour option needs returned.…

14th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  6 comments  ·  Features requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. The Calendar has to display dates in order in the My Yahoo view. NOT April 2,3,1,4!

Thanks for allowing multiple day displays in My Yahoo for calendar. However, the order is totally illogical. My Yahoo calendar shows April 2, 3, 4, 1, 5 in that order. Hello!! Nice try but still bad. Return the SIMPLE old My Yahoo calendar which at least knew the correct days of the month!

16th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. LEAVE MY HOME PAGE ALONE, HAVE HAD FOR 9 YEARS!!! FORCED INTO! WILL LEAVE FOR ROADRUNNER!!! NOTHING HOLDING BACK NOW!!!

Will leave ATT-Yahoo, forced me into a New Home Page that IS un-wanted!!!
    Really, Really HATE the SEARCH BAR that follows you down the page!!!
    1). NO REFRESH Button in individual categories!
    2). NO OPTION to close category!
    3). VERY DIFFICULT to move Categories around!

Have had My Homepage for 9 Years, FOR this the Reason I Never Switched Providers! Until Now!!!!!!!!!!! Calling up Time Warner Cable and ROADRUNNER and Getting 3 TIMES the speed of ATT's top speed!
    Hit ATT where it hurts! Their Bottom-Line!!!! Quit ATT! Ever since ATT bought-Out SBC Bell, Its Problems after Problems!
    ATT Stick…

17th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  New My Yahoo  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Stop stealing focus from the URL box while loading!

It is a really annoying way to try to force people to use your search engine. Wastes my time and just plain annoying. DO you really think the best way to get people to use your product is to annoy them if they don't?

18th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Bugs & Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. 19th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →