Pro Football Pick'em

Pro Football Pick’em

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our community support forum or find self-paced help on our help site. This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

1. We should be able to change the name of a our group, even AFTER initially opening the group.

I run a few different groups under the same idea - It would be nice to be able to change or alter the group name AFTER registering the group. Why can't this be done? I always forget after the fact and get frustrated when I can't go back and do it. I dont like having to re-register, and get a new group number - ESPECIALLY after people have already started signing up..... please consider making this possible.

51st ranked
    Vote
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Missed deadline and confidence points

Our group has the deadline set to 5 minutes before each game with confidence points. When players don't get their picks in prior to the Thursday deadline, they still have the option to assign all points for the week so obviously the 1 point pick is going to go on the game that they missed. That doesn't seem fair as the people that actually get their picks in on time usually assign more than the 1 point pick. There have been several upsets on Thursday this year already and the people that got their picks in on time were down…

20th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Give the option to eliminate Thursday Games from the schedule for the season. Thursday night games are a pain in the butt and not needed.

Give the Commissioner the option to not include Thursday Night games in the schedule. To have to have your picks in prior to the start of the Thursday night game when last minute decisions are still being made regarding the other teams injury report and such as well as last minute injuries and decisions, that's way too much time from submitting to the actual Sunday Games. Most of my league members hate the Thursday game option. Thanx for having such a great game as ProPickEm.

40th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 1 point for pushes

Whenever there is a push for a game, everyone who makes a pick should get 1 point. Giving no points benefits those who forget their pick for that game and they SHOULD be penalized for forgetting. Please, please make this change. It doesn't hurt anyone to make this change.

1st ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  14 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Take away top points for forgetting!!!

There should be an option to take away the top points available instead of just the 1pt game when someone forgets to make picks. That way the team that forgets isn't rewarded if there is a huge upset on Thursday and everyone else gets it wrong. You should never be rewarded for forgetting or simply not bothering to pick!!!

4th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. If a person does not make a pick (say on a Thurs. night game) they should lose their highest points.

So if someone fails to get a pick in on time, they should lose their highest remaining point total. Say there is an upset and everyone else had the upset team picked high, you are rewarding the person who did not get there pick in. That will obviously make the missed game their 1 point game. It should not be that way.

2nd ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  20 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. You need a new tiebreaker.

Tiebreaker should be total number of games correct. If it is still a tie, person who lost the highest confidence points game loses.

8th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Enable history like already exists for Yahoo Fantasy Football.

With Fantasy Football, a history was enabled a few years ago- it included a retro-active history of all leagues related to the commissioner (me). This was and is enjoyable for all involved. I've also been commissioner of our Pick'em league for close to a decade now and would love to have the history visible in a similar way.

3rd ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. In "Pro Football Pick em"

In "Pick 'em", there needs to be adjustable points in the game.
    It used to have it, but now it is just 1-16.
    (EX: I like making my most confident game worth 25.)

Also, CBS sports has it.

119th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. You all REALLY need to consider upping the group max to either 150 or 200. ESPN, NFL have more than 100....

I'm confused as to why this hasn't been done already. But I understand there may be variables I know nothing about - and some logistics that I don't understand. But the truth is, Yahoo one of the best, if not THE BEST, Pick'em games available. It would be even better increasing the max size. To be honest, 250 would be spot on. 500 is too many.

132nd ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Email notification to Commissioner for new member sign ups

It would be very helpful to commissioners if there is email notification like how Fantasy League works when a new member signs up.

For leagues with significant number of members or potential members, it is easier to weed out troll sign ups at the time they sign up. Commissioners can immediately send them an email.

85th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Need tiebreaker clarity

The current tiebreaker of predicting scores for two games does not make any sense. I cannot figure out what the tiebreaker is actually calculating. There must be a way to see why/how someone won the tiebreaker.

40th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. There should be a way to set custom spreads

There should be a way to set custom spreads or just use early spreads, new people don't understand the constant changes. So there should be a way to lock in spreads on Tuesday.

85th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. There is a false calculation for week 17

Week 17 Tampa bay the game was a push and they didn’t calculate I.T like one.

132nd ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. PUSH RULES

If there is a push, both sides should get a point. Currently no points are awarded for a push, which also benefits players who forget their picks. Let's level the playing field and award a point when a push occurs.

71st ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Show tiebreakers at conclusion of week

I can see who won, but I can't see WHY they won. Can you please change the viewing options so we can see what each person entered for the tiebreakers so we can see how/why the winner is the winner?

49th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. 132nd ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Fix zero-confidence-points-wagered bug

This has always been a sporadic issue with Yahoo Pick'em but this year it's gone from a rare inconvenience to a game-breaking defect.

Players who use the phone app have had their picks dropped several times this year. I have encouraged people to use the website instead, since the phone app has proved unreliable, but that is having bugs now too.

I entered a few picks yesterday for the upcoming week using the web site (win10, latest chrome). They showed up fine upon save & refresh. this morning, one of them shows as having 0 CP assigned to it.

Please…

85th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. National leaderboard

Make a national leaderboard for pickem with spreads. Instead of just pickem winners leaderboard

85th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Any chance u set the spread BEFORE the 12:30 Game on Thurday?

Past few years the Thursday game which starts at 12:30 has NOT had a final spread. Any chance u set it BEFORE the game this year

85th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?

Pro Football Pick'em

Feedback and Knowledge Base