Yahoo Accessibility

Accessibility for People with Disabilities

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

How can we make our products more accessible to people with disabilities?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Stop requiring a mobile number

Use of e-mail does NOT require a mobile phone.
    Use of a mobile phone does NOT require e-mail.

Take these as axioms and adjust your service accordingly.

1st ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    10 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Color schemes need to provide more contrast for vision impaired

Yahoo Groups needs to restore the former readability features to make it easy again for senior citizens with disabilities, including vision impairment - to use groups again. I am a senior citizen with vision impairment. I have been the moderator for many of our groups for many years. Previously, I had no problem being able to function as a moderator because I could easily read all of the commands for rejecting or accepting messages (all of our boards are moderated). However, with the supposed recent "improvements" - i have found it almost impossible to be able to read enough of…

2nd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. the next time you install your ******* toolbar without asking my permission, I will ******* delete ALL Yahoo programs from my computer!!

It's ******** to make a disabled person go through **** like this. Now I have to delete your toolbar AND THEN TRY TO FIND MY GOOGLE HOMEPAGE!!! THANKS FOR STEALING PARTS OF MY LIFE, THAT I WILL NOT BE ABLE TO RETREIVE!!! i will also post this on my Facebook!!!

3rd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I cannot sign in. Because you stupid people mistook my a/c being compromised when i was trying to type with one finger.Don't want a password

I was trying to sign in (one fingered and on a PC with an itchy CAPS) And you &%$&! thought someone was trying to hack my account. You idiots! Now you want me to make up new password. Not gonna happen. I'll just go to gmail.

3rd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    24 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. People with MS have major problem eyes and colors. This new homepage with blue/ purple is straining to the max. Can't look through page.

Give people choice! Set up a site people can ask questions. This change was really a bad move. Having MS I could set colors and arrange what I wanted to see with out having to strain eyes. Can not go to homepage now.

5th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Give us a phone number to reach you !

phone number for pc matic .com

6th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    13 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Screen options to change background colors to reduce eye strain and increase font size

Option to change background colors and fonts to reduce eye strain to a minimal.

6th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. I need help from real person from Yahoo?

provide me customer care number.

8th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Let yahoo users keep what ever password we want instead of saying " password cnt be the same"

For what ever reason, some times I cant log in using a former p/w but I want all of my online passwords to be the same instead of having millions of different ones! So I will log on and yahoo wont let me so it makes me choose a new p/w, that's GARBAGE! I want my p/w to be the same as always! I should be able to have what ever pw I want! I do not care if YOU think it has been compromised! Even if it was GOD FORBID any one could see all of the 3000 spams…

9th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. 10th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Mohammad Kaichar

m.facebook.com

11th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. You should make your inbox Mail larger print.

When an email comes in the print should be bigger.

12th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. It would be better to bring back the Freen Format since it was easier on the eyes.

It is better to bring back the old Green Format since it was easier on the eyes, also this is a discrimination and could be sued from the ADA if this is not taking care of.
    Why do you feel you have to make these changes?
    Think about the users on here and not yourself for a change.
    Quit copycating with other website just so you can fit in! This is address to the head CEO of Yahoo.

13th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I am deaf & I am having a problem & your suggestions were to call you because you are here to help. Fantastic! But I am deaf...can't call...

I am deaf & I am having a problem & your idea for help is to call you because you are here to help. Fantastic! But I am deaf...can't call...online help would help if I could find you......

14th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. 15th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. this is a suggest and an ideal for you guys and gals at YAHOO... Why don't you have a system of text-chat-with-a-tech...

I would like to have a conversation with a tech to resolve my profile update... I have tried many attempt to sign in to my yahoo accounts but, can not for the life of me remember my passwords. It seems like it would be easily resolved if I had a conversation with a tech. My issue is the old cell phone numbers are just that old and not my current mobile number I have. Very easily My New Number is

(405)492-3156 my old one is (813)325-8620
    My e-mail addresses that I can not access any more are:

paulbullard49@yahoo.com
    iloveflowers@@yahoo.com

My…

16th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I HAVE MACULAR DEGENERATION AND MISPLACE MY PASSWORD TWICE. YOU LOCKED ME OUT AND FOR 2 DAYS YOU WILL NOT ANSWER THE PHONE!!

I HAVE "iYOGI" OPTIMIZING MY MAC EVERY MONTH AS WELL AS "MAC TUNEUP" THE CHANCES OF HAVING MY MAC COMPROMISED IS SLIM TO NONE. BUT, YAHOO HAS THE AUDACITY AND GAUL TO REMAIN OBSCURE, NOT TRANSPARENT NOR REACHABLE.
    SO I AM SHUT DOWN FOR 24 HRS.

16th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. You could try asking people who know about disability to set up your website - it is one of the least accessible on the web.

I flounder around for hours, trying to work my way through the IT jargon, looking for plain simple English, before I accidentally do something I might, or might not, have wanted to do. Then I can never find that place again. A lot of the site is (quite pale) blue or grey on white - how is a visually impaired person supposed to cope with this? And the type sizing is relatively small with no decent sized button to click on to enlarge it.
    You really don't have a clue!

16th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. 16th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)