Finance

HOW CAN WE HELP YOU?
Welcome to the Yahoo Finance Feedback Forum, the place where you can make product suggestions and provide feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and use your feedback to make positive changes.

OUR COMPANY
Yahoo Finance is operated by Yahoo Inc. In 2021, Apollo Global Management, Inc. (NYSE: APO) acquired Yahoo (formerly Verizon Media, itself formerly known as Oath) from Verizon. Yahoo operates as a standalone company under Apollo.

OUR TEAM
Alex Wallace: Head of Media and Content for Yahoo
Andy Serwer: Editor-in-Chief

SHARE FEEDBACK
Note: This forum is not monitored for support-related issues, so if you need help with a problem or have a question, please visit our Help Site where you can Contact Us.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Freeze Title Row

When scrolling through list of items in one of my Portfolios, the title Row which reads: " Symbol Change Shares Last$ etc." scrolls off the top of the screen. It would be fantastic if that were to "Freeze" at the top so the column headings were always there as I look over my Portfolio.

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Reviewed  ·  8 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. AMC not updating

AMC forum has been showing old posts for over a week. It is broken. Fix it. Other stock forums work perfectly well. Obviously yahoo is being paid to block AMC conversations.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Reviewed  ·  1 comment  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. I would like to be able to block sources

I want the ability to block all the headline links from sources that go to subscription only articles (after free preview).

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Reviewed  ·  1 comment  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. censorship

How about you stop being the 1st amendment police. Geez . . . you guys monitor EVERY message. That's censorship at highest level. I understand profanity but really guys! I equate trying to reply to people like kissing your sister. Get off the left side of things and allow Americans to voice their opinions.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Reviewed  ·  0 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. ul

I would like a button like add lot, but as a sell lot button. I would like to reflect that I have sold a partial position in a stock, with the date and the price and not have to minus it out from the original position. It messes up the original pricing if you must minus it out yourself. How do people at Yahoo use this program to reflect the sale of a partial position?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Request to update Earnings results in realtime in Yahoo! Finance platform

When earnings results are released, like this week (7/26/2021), there is a significant lag until the EPS share results are reflected in the Yahoo! Finance platform (being either the web or the mobile version).

Since Yahoo! Finance IS pushing notifications of EPS almost in real time, why can't the data of the earnings results be updated also in realtime in the platform?

the lag in reflecting this is days... it's definitely not desirable.

Thanks in advance for considering this suggestion!

Fabricio.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Default Chart view to 5 years

As I am a long term investor looking at companies with a longer term view, currently when I open the app, the default view is the day view which is not that useful for me and i see comments from others also. It will be really helpful to allow me to choose in setting to default to 5 years or Maximum. That way, I do not have to switch to 5 years when I am checking on multiple stocks each day.

Thanks,

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Reviewed  ·  0 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. For LITE members, set an alert when Golden/Death Crosses appear on a chart of the equities in a portfolio.

I signed up for Yahoo Finance Lite today and created a portfolio with my holdings. I set “chart” to include two moving averages. How do I get an alert when a Golden/Death Cross appears on any of my holding’s chart?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Enhancement for stock charting

ADD additional MOVING AVERAGES that are popular with stock analysts and chartists Currently ONLY 2 MAs are available - 50 and 200. I suggest adding 10 and 20 day MAs.
    In PORTPOLIO/VIEW you give the user option to select any 2, 3 or 4

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Reviewed  ·  2 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Next

Next to ex-dividend date add payable date so we can check our brokerage account to see if dividend was deposited

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Get rid of Rick Newman or get a conservative to give a counterpoint

Get a conservative financial editor to give some credibility to yahoo. When I see Rick Newman I know it’s about politics and not finance.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. How to get "1y Target Est" and "Performance Outlook" From Yahoo Finance ?

I know there are urls like the following :

https://query1.finance.yahoo.com/v7/finance/quote?fields=regularMarketPrice&symbols=IBM

https://query2.finance.yahoo.com/v10/finance/quoteSummary/IBM?modules=financialData

But I can't figure out how to get "1y Target Est" and "Performance Outlook" From Yahoo Finance, right now I can only get the whole html page and extract info out of it : https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/IBM?p=IBM

I know there are Python packages to extra info out of the html, but I want to stick with Java, so I used https://financequotes-api.com/ but it can't do it.

[1] What I'm looking for is something like the following :

https://query2.finance.yahoo.com/v10/finance/quoteSummary/IBM?modules=financialData&field=targetMeanPrice

Which I hope to get : 144.12

[2] Also something like this :

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Add Sort/group tickers by Industry capability for Stock Tickers in Yahoo Finance "My Portfolios"

Add Sort capability for Stock Tickers in Yahoo Finance "My Portfolios" by Industry.

It would be great enhancement for Yahoo finance if the ability to sort/group the stock symbols in my portfolio by industry they belong to.

For Example if I have following ticker symbols in My Portfolio,

GM
    V
    MRO
    INTC
    KSS
    MA
    F
    AMD
    M
    COP
    --- These can be Sorted by Industry when opted by user---------
    M
    KSS
    GM
    F
    AMD
    INTC
    MRO
    COP
    MA
    V

Thanks

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. StoxxPay

StoxxPay is the first company in the world that is developing autonomous bank cards. Because it works by awarding rewards based on stock market rates instead of miles, points, or cashback. StoxxPay reaches up to more than 400 million SMEs, simply consuming with a visa, mastercard or american express. StoxxPayDrive offers quick access to more than 500 official sites where you can purchase StoxxPay benefits. And with StoxxPay Network you can receive StoxxPay rewards for following and sharing official YouTube channels.

https://stoxxpay.com/

https://stoxxpay.com/drive

https://stoxxpay.com/network

https://stoxxpay.com/organization

https://stoxxpay.com/iissuer-getting-started

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. More of President Donald Trump - everyone knows now RussiaGate was a scam by the Clintons and her Lawyers and the FBI and

Tell the Truth - the Trump RussiaGate was all lies the FBI agent lied to FISA court to bring these charges forward all perpetrated by Hilary Clinton team of Lawyers - tell the truth expose the lies that you and all the Media pushed for 4 years

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. ^hstech

Dear Yahoo! Finance,

1. Please add Hang Seng Technology Index (^HSTECH; launched since Aug-2020) to your Hong Kong index section (e.g. ^HSI, ^HSCE, etc.).
    2. Please provide a more complete (i.e. non-US) mutual fund search. Many thanks!

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. desktop

Native desktop (windows) app. It's very convenient, chrome takes up resources.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. realtime quotes

Hello, how can i get realtime quotes on Yahoo Finance?
    regards, Klaus

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 36 37
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base