How can we improve New Mail?

Themes and Backgrounds

Please add more themes and backgrounds. The themes you have are few, and very dark. Please

152nd ranked
Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Nancy S shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

20 comments

Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

put back my Classic Background Choices, I never asked for these Bland Backgrounds you chose too upload too my Profile

• sc'eric commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How can I set Yahoo Mail to have a BLACK (not hazy blue) background? It's disorienting. Like looking through a foggy window.

Also, how about MONOCHROME GREEN (and other) FONT COLOR OPTION to help folks with color-blind issues?

Reading email should not take up most of your day.

The white of the message list is glaring, and the dark is too dark. Should be able to set a pale color to cut glare and eye strain.
    Also the color choices are NOT good -- who chose those?
    And the "scene" choices are pretty tacky as well.

• James Roach commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I like quality backgrounds, beautiful scenes which I choose. The backgrounds provided are cheap cartoons chosen by your staff. I use free wallpaper which appears much more adult and professional.
    I will keep my ad blockers on! My system is not a venue for advertisement! or profit making by Yahoo. ******@yahoo.com

bring back the old photo options or let me put my own as a background. The current mail backgrounds are the pits.

• Jacqueline Nance commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please give us the chance to keep our light blue (or any nice shade) for a background for inbox.
    White background hurts my eyes!
    I want to KEEP the classic format, please!

• Jine Sounthern commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

now it's better and cool ; however , I wish to add more idea about space universe themes and Background on Yahoo mail :)

please make many available backgrounds even the backgrounds from the stationary from yahoo mail would be great!

• Lia Kiknadze commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I know there are multiple posts about this, but I am not seeing any changes, so here we go:

I like the options we have now but I would prefer a more livelier themes and selections of colors. If possible, can we add our own pictures as well?

Feedback and Knowledge Base