New Mail

Welcome to our Yahoo Mail feedback forum! This is a place for you to help shape the new Yahoo Mail experience. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to your Yahoo Mail.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please visit our community support forum or find answers on our help site.
  3. For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.
  4. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

How can we improve New Mail?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Too many ads!!!

Ad overload. I don't mind ads, but your interface takes it to new extremes, especially when I try check a folder with no messages in it.

5th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering feedback  ·  766 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Stop "You may have overpaid" pop-up

Give us a way to 'opt out' of the pop-up that keeps telling us that "you may have overpaid". I have no interest in the service. I pay for Yahoo mail. I'm sick of dismissing that pop-up!

51st ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  209 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Filters

You used to be able to "filter" emails straight from the body of the email. Now there's not an option for that. Instead you have to open the settings, create a filter, going back and forth to the actual message to create the filter. Bring back the option of "filter emails like this" in the body of the email.

31st ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  73 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. filter

Put the FILTER function on the inbox.

272nd ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. filters

Adding a filter remains inconvenient, as if designed in, like, 1993.? For example, if you want to add a filter, you might - naturally - want to create a new folder for your new filter. But did you think to do this before you went to create a filter? Most people wouldn't. Hint: WORKFLOW. As it is, you have to completely exit out of the filter thing, go back and add a folder, and then go back in and start adding a filter from scratch. There are much better ways to design this.

459th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. pop up

I keep getting a pop up that I am infected with a virus. This is the message. It only appears when I log into yahoo mail. This is a Yahoo issue. Absolutely ridiculous. I called Apple and checked my computer. I have no virus. Come on Yahoo. This is your responsibility. Take care of your website so these kinds of stupid, **** pop ups don't occur.

IMMEDIATE ACTION REQUIRED

We have detected a trojan virus (e.tre456_worm_osx) on your Mac.

Press OK to begin the repair process.

648th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Spam tabs opening in Yahoo mail

For two days now I have had a spam message about my computer being infected open up in place of my Yahoo mail tab. Apparently, some stupid ad you've placed is spam and is taking over the tab that Yahoo mail is opened up in. Please investigate this.

1150th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. PAPERLESS PRESS

iNCLUDE GET WELL DESIGNS. UPDATE SEASONAL DESIGNS SOONER. MY CURRENT PROBLEM IS THAT IT'S THANKSGIVING IN TWO DAYS AND MY STATIONERY HASN'T BEEN UPDATED FOR FALL, HALLOWEEN, OR THANKSGIVING. SEASONAL IS STILL SHOWING SUMMER AND BACK TO SCHOOL. iT'S 35 DEGREES OUT...WE'RE WAY PAST SUMMER!

553rd ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. cannot view full headers/raw message on new desktop mail ; cannot FORWARD (without OPENing virus email)

Yahoo1004_aaa The function [View Raw Image] Does NOT work. Never, Never, Never OPEN a bad/malicious/virus email because you will regret the disastrous consequences. ATT needs to allow (ALL) emails to be FORWARDED, WITHOUT having to OPEN the bad email, to perform the FORWARD function. I need ability to (1) access the Entire RAW email [Header, with ALL the IP address info, & Body], (2) Copy the Entire RAW email, (3) activate the FORWARD function, (4) paste COPY of Entire RAW email, at top of the temporary area. (5) enter the [Send-To] address, (6) execute Send. EX: bad email is Extortion…

1150th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Breaking up emails in date category

For the life of me, I can't figure out why you treat us like children when you break up emails into "today" "yesterday" "earlier this month" "last month" and all that nonsense. We can see the dates listed on the right hand side of the inbox. Appears that all you have to do is sit around and think up nonsense like this.

648th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. filter emails

Pls put on tool for filtering emails in the inbox itself by selecting them from inbox, and create filters, this is how emails get filters and can add to spam together. but in yahoo... need to choose one mail separate and then filter mail of each sender.
    For reference: check gmail functions for filtering emails together.

272nd ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. To many false message and add related mail is coming every day please stop.

To many false message and add related mail is coming every day please stop.

1150th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Get a better "user friendly" email platform

Improve your email platform - its impossible to use!! its not user friendly at all...worst email platform Ive ever used.

1150th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. spam mail

spam mail which is unnecessary coming to my mailbox

1150th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. your email totally sucks the worse ever period

your email totally sucks i am weeding yahoo out, slowly because your email sucks sucks sucks sucks!!!

1150th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Too Small

Everything in inbox, sent box, everything is too small. I was on it days ago while the view was normal size then suddenly everything went small. I clicked nothing to make it small. Now there's no button to adjust the font size or view of anything. Help please! I'm not talking about outgoing new emails that I'm writing either. Those are the only thing that can be adjusted.

648th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. The selection box for mail is too frigging small. 90% of the time you select mail to delete it and the **** thing opens anyway.

The selection boxes for emails is too small. 90% of the time when selecting emails to delete or move the dang thing opens the email, losing the selections you just made. I use several email programs and only YAHOO has this quality problem. STOP OPENING EMAILS when selected. This email is a POC.

648th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. domain

Allow us to make accounts under other yahoo domains other than just the basic Yahoo.com. I lost an account with a yahoo.com.sg domain which is greatly inconveniencing me right now.

648th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. It is really memorable for me and my family. I dont find Grihapravesam Photos in my inbox (date 29.04.2010). Please help.

t is really memorable for me and my family. I dont find Grihapravesam Photos in my inbox (date 29.04.2010). Please post the photos to my inbox.

1150th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. One giant leap backwards. How do I get my prevoious one back. I have lost all tool bars and many other things. This is really bad Yahoo

One giant leap backwards. How do I get my previous one back. I have lost all tool bars and many other things. This is really bad Yahoo

648th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 36 37
  • Don't see your idea?

New Mail

Feedback and Knowledge Base