New Mail

Welcome to our Yahoo Mail feedback forum! This is a place for you to help shape the new Yahoo Mail experience. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to your Yahoo Mail.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please visit our help site.
  3. For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.
  4. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

How can we improve New Mail?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Too many ads!!!

Ad overload. I don't mind ads, but your interface takes it to new extremes, especially when I try check a folder with no messages in it.

4th ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering feedback  ·  841 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Stop "You may have overpaid" pop-up

Give us a way to 'opt out' of the pop-up that keeps telling us that "you may have overpaid". I have no interest in the service. I pay for Yahoo mail. I'm sick of dismissing that pop-up!

40th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  224 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Stop interferring with my 'experience' by asking for feedback whilst I'm looking at my emails!!

Stop interferring with my 'experience' by asking for feedback whilst I'm looking at my emails!

19th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  170 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Ad blocker is for my protection, not to deny you ad revenue

Until third-party ads stop being a significant source of malware, using an ad blocker is a smart, even necessary, protective measure. When you can assure me that it's not possible for a malicious ad to make its way into my browser via Yahoo or any ad network is uses, I'll be happy to add Yahoo to my whitelist.

23rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  110 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Horrible!!!Slow! Ready to leave Yahoo all together!!!!

The new Yahoo Mail is horrible! Slower than the 7 year itch! No Block button! Why was it changed? It certainly is not an improvement! Horrible! Horrible! Horrible!

13th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  52 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Stop asking me to accept the new privacy terms

Every single time I log in to my email since April 11, 2018, I have to accept or dismiss the new Yahoo Oath privacy terms. Please make that stop. I've accepted multiple times.

27th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  95 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Please stop with the pop ups asking me for feedback please....

Please stop with the pop ups asking me for feedback please....

32nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  37 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Please restore the button for Classic mail. I don't want this version. Thanks! The button is missing.

Restore the Classic mail button. It is missing. People want the Classic format. This is a major thing...not a minor issue. Thanks!

226th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Switch back to the previous version of Yahoo Mail PLEASE !!!!!!!!!!

Switch back to the previous version of Yahoo Mail PLEASEEEE!!!!!!!

206th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Don't want upgrade!!!!

I don't want this upgrade. It's terrible and has too many extras that I don't want. All I want is the simple email that I had.

247th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Many things are wrong with the new mail format/restore Classic mail. Thanks!

Hard to use. Delete is off center and purple may not be for men/women. I can't write an e mail without it malfunctioning..putting things in strange locations...takes up too much space. Buttons are in strange locations. Side list is too faint. Classic mail was perfect. The new mail is far from perfect. We are not bored with Classic mail. Restore Classic mail to all. Thanks!

250th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. To improve new mail just go back to the old one! There is nothing wrong with the old format and there is EVERYTHING wrong with the new one!

To improve new mail just go back to the old one! There is nothing wrong with the old format and there is EVERYTHING wrong with the new one! Right click is GONE!!!!! WHY?????

352nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Are you scanning our emails to sell our personal information to advertisers?!?!

Yahoo, Bucking Industry, Scans Emails for Data to Sell Advertisers
    Web giant analyzes more than 200 million inboxes for clues about what products people might buy—a practice much of Silicon Valley has declared off-limits

184th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  4 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Inappropriate ads

STOP showing me ad's that have a COMPLETELY NAKED BUTT to sell freaking underwear!!! I do not want a NAKED WOMAN'S BUTT ON MY SCREEN!!!!!!!

626th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  7 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. I want BASIC MAIL back. New Yahoo Mail ******, Yahoo you should be ashamed of this garbage!

There's your FEEDBACK!!! Yahoo employees who designed this are ***** and gave us ***** new mail.

441st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Why the **** can't you people just leave the Mail alone?

Just leave OUR mail alone! This "new" design is UGLY UGLY UGLY UGLY. When something works (and there was NOTHING wrong with the "Classic" look--and why would you call it "Classic" if YOU people thought it was good?), THERE'S NO NEED TO FIX IT OR CHANGE IT.

388th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Give us an option on the sign in page to go back to the old style yahoo e mail. The new and improved version is a disgrace to yahoo. YAHOO M

Put a button on the new e mail sign in page offering a choice to stick with the new yahoo e mail or go back to the old e mail. THE NEW VERSION OF YAHOO E MAIL SUCKS A BIG ONE. Someone needs to be fired of this new POS

57th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  9 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Import contacts from Facebook

Bring back the option to import contacts from Facebook. It's a very important feature to get the contact details of Facebook Friends., It was Yahoo's unique capability that no one has.

172nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  20 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Filters

You used to be able to "filter" emails straight from the body of the email. Now there's not an option for that. Instead you have to open the settings, create a filter, going back and forth to the actual message to create the filter. Bring back the option of "filter emails like this" in the body of the email.

30th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  77 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. By listening to your Users!

I don't like the new mail. I don't like the format, the childish colors, or that the spam folder does not show the number of messages without having to go into that folder. And please, stop constantly changing me from classic mail to this format!

279th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 25 26
  • Don't see your idea?

New Mail

Feedback and Knowledge Base