New Mail

Welcome to our Yahoo Mail feedback forum! This is a place for you to help shape the new Yahoo Mail experience. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to your Yahoo Mail.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please visit our help site.
  3. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. When I review emails, a popup asks if I am searching for something. Extremely irritating and time wasting.

in the past week, when I start reviewing emails a popup comes up and asks if I am searching. I turn off the popup and keep reviewing incoming mail. This wastes my time. I contacted customer support and they said it cannot be turned off. I have Yahoo+ and I think this is the best product you offer. There should be a way to turn this popup off because you just turned it on a few days ago.

9th ranked

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering feedback  ·  12 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. top picks

allow the option to remove of "top picks" adds when viewing emails

13th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  6 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. WHAT **** R U GUYS DOING

WHY R U GUYS ******* US IN THE CAPTCHA **** WHY THE **** NOW WHAT A ******* PAIN IN THE **** ASSHOLESSSSSSSSSSSS

4th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  5 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. captcha

Stop the incessant "Prove you're not a robot" Captcha requests at sign-in! I have not had any recent security issues or entered incorrect passwords, which are your supposed reasons for these annoying and time-wasting requests.

5th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. see below

emails which are obviously spam are coming into my inbox . .Why is this ?

137th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Create a whitelist

I need the ability to create a whitelist of sender addresses that never go to spam. I have some frequent senders whose emails regularly end up in spam, roughly 30%, despite them being contacts, and people I regularly send to.

45th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. @T‑Mobile.com is a VALID e-mail address. Yahoo Mail WRONGLY says it is not valid.

@T‑Mobile.com is a VALID e-mail address. Yahoo Mail WRONGLY says it is not valid.

The issue is easy to see.

Yahoo Mail is failing to accept the valid dash character, - , after the @ character.

Notice how your response e-mail does have a dash character after the @ character, no-reply+yahoo@feedback-poweredby.uservoice.com.

In your e-mailed response, the help.yahoo.com link is NOT helpful to add additional info to this specific issue.

You have also Closed Comments on this, preventing valuable feedback, so my only option is to resend it again as a new idea.

69th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. No more ads please

My idea is that too many ads are distracting my reading the emails so if you all can stop the ads. I never bought any items from the yahoo ads because they make me sick.

137th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Eliminate that cussed reCaptcha malarkey. It's a waste of time.

Eliminate the "verify you're not a robot" malarkey. It's a waste of time, insulting, and I hate it.

15th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. too much spam

How is my email being used by spammers? I have changed my password and itsb getting WORSE!!!!!!
    Some are VERY OFFENSIVE
    I delete and block senders but they keep on coming
    PLEASE MAKE IT STOP

69th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Allow users to change the disposable email prefix

Thank you Yahoo for the email service you provide.

One problem i have with it, though, is that i can't change my disposable email prefix.

I set this up to to be ** when i was trying to figure out disposable email addresses and didn't know what i was doing.

Now i'm stuck with it. ** doesn't represent anything anything connected with me. I created it when i was fumling my way through setting up my first disposable address to a place with the name **

I'd dearly love to change it to something shorter eg box. That would mean,…

69th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Emails going to trash

STOP PUTTING ALL MY EMAILS IN TRASH. ALL EMAILS RECEIVED ARE GOING DIRECTLY INTO TRASH. CHECKED FILTERS AND IT'S NOT THAT. STOP IT AND FIX THIS ISSUE!!

45th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. advertisement

Right-side-panel-advertisement-seems-to-be-oversized. Takes up too much space of the screen. Irritating !!!

69th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Bigger darker font.

Same as the old one would work much better. Presently unpleasant to read

69th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. robot

Incessant prove you're not a robot checks are annoying and unnecessary. Every time I log in there is this check and nothing has changed, same location, same computer, same account. Please fix your code.

18th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Yahoo Mail Plus should have annual pay option, instead of just monthly

An annual pay option for the new Yahoo Mail Plus would be a great improvement, to simplify record keeping (I hate monthly bills!).

29th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. BIRD CAGE

Your help and support pages belong at the bottom of a bird cage! It takes you in endless loops with not solutions other than to call a one eight hundred number. You have no online support solution which is a farce for a supposed digital community!

137th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. I DO NOT WANT MONTHLY BILLING

I DO NOT WANT MONTHLY BILLING YOU MENTAL MIDGETS!!**

137th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. STOP repeating pop-up ads after we've deleted them (numerous times!!!0

After we click on "DELETE AD" and it says "removed by Google" WHY do we keep seeing that same ad OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER????????

Give us a friggin' break!!!!!!!

137th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. When email comes into my inbox, and I want to market as spam, it will only let me choose two options: unsubscribe or delete it. Fix this.

When an email comes into my inbox and I want to send it to the spam file, Yahoo will only give me two options: (do I want to unsubscribe and delete?). This makes no sense and is dangerous. Are you saying that I can no longer put emails when I consider to be spam into my spam file just because they made it into my inbox. And just what are you doing in order to unsubscribe. You could be clicking on a malicious code in my computer or your system. Think about this and get back to me. It makes…

137th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 9 10
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base