How can we improve New Mail?

Stop asking me to accept the new privacy terms

Every single time I log in to my email since April 11, 2018, I have to accept or dismiss the new Yahoo Oath privacy terms. Please make that stop. I've accepted multiple times.

27th ranked
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Bobby Daily shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

92 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Jeff Blake commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Forgot to say: if it is necessary to accept new privacy terms, WHY NOT ASK USERS TO GO TO SETTINGS FOR THEIR YAHOO ACCOUNT TO DO SO OR TO NOT AGREE???
    This would tell me the email asking to accept new privacy OATH terms is not phishing!!!!!

• Jeff Blake commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am not convinced this email about "new privacy terms" not being a phishing expedition. I have read the comments on yahoo which, without responses from Yahoo, seem to validate the email as being fake.
    Another website that google presented said it was spam!!!
    Yahoo. Why not respond to these comments?

• K prin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The Oath declaration appears EVERY time I want to view my mail. Its tiresome. Please stop this once its been read and signed into.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes please stop the oath ****. teaming up with other douchebag communist "media" groups is bad fur us users. Get out of oath and quit having it pop up. Or at least put a button on there to say !'m not going to accept ever.

• John H commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Opening email to annoying nonsense daily from Yahoo.com
    "Oath" is a drag. Enough already...

• Petre G commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree 100% with Michael Thaddeus( the comment from July 13). If this annoyance don't stop I will pack everything up from my yahoo email and say GOODBYE!

• Michael Thaddeus commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

After hackers retrieved my pw from your servers and posted it online prompting people to attempt access to my account, I get popups for accepting privacy terms, popups wanting money, troves and troves of dangerous spam and other emails. I stopped using yahoo services years ago because they wanted to start charging for everything. Yahoo was then utterly destroyed by the competition because of ignorant business model based on greed. Time to move every account associated with yahoo email and ride myself, totally, of this annoyance and true failure of internet services.

• k b commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The day Yahoo doen't let me ignore Oath's constant request to steal my personal data is the day I find another email client. Sneaky evil company....

• Cliff commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Nobody seems to be listening to what we as users need because the experience keeps getting worse with each "Improvement."
    It's all about data mining over the entire internet and selling everybody's personal information. Warning! the dam is about to collapse and each and every one of you fools are responsible for what happens. Who has your data? Ever as yourself that question, or do you think is doesn't matter?

• Friday Giwa commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please yahoo return my account to where I can login with my password. The account key is no longer working for me because I am no receiving the account key to login into my account.
    I can only access my account on my laptop because I stay signed in, please, I am begging you kindly work on it. It`s the account I am using officially on daily basis and I should be to access my account with my mobile phone and other devices. Please!!!

• Karen Mullin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I do not like the new privacy terms. I like to have my privacy and do not wish to have the content of my email photos, etc analyzed and sent to a third party even if my personal information is not included there have been many instances where this was the policy and it was not carried out in technical news. I don't want targeted advertising etc. If I want something I will come and find it. This is why I will be closing my yahoo account. I have had an email with Yahoo for over 20 years and do not wish to change but I have been given little choice.

• Steve Steltzer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If you people think I'm ever going to give you permission to analyze the contents of my emails you're smoking *****. I'd cancel my account completely if I could figure out how to handle all the ramifications of trying to log into all the places that use this account for a username.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

you are driving me to drop you as a provider. your business article are biased and changes to the email system and lower speed. i am ready to move if you don't stop this madness.

• Todd Rittel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I refuse to accept your new privacy policy. I don't want you reading my emails or attachments or keeping tabs on anything about me. ********. Leave me the **** alone. I've been using yahoo mail for close to 20 years now. If I have to accept you gathering all kinds of information about me, then I'm deleting this account.

← Previous 1 3 4 5

Feedback and Knowledge Base