New Mail

Welcome to our Yahoo Mail feedback forum! This is a place for you to help shape the new Yahoo Mail experience. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to your Yahoo Mail.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please visit our community support forum or find answers on our help site.
  3. For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.
  4. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

How can we improve New Mail?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Pop ups

Please delete those annoying pop-ups. I do not need nor want it every time I try to read my email.

2nd ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering feedback  ·  3240 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Remove ads and provide refresh button.

Nice graphics. You should give a option to remove the ads which is coming on right side like 'try the Yahoo mail app for mobile' etc. And where is the refresh button of my mail box?

74th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  45 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Turn the ******* notification OFF

TURN OFF NOTIFICATIONS

648th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Mailbox with my address is now appearing every time I run Yahoo. Security Issue.

I am in Mailbox Management and I cannot delete the auto entry (I certainly did not allow this. I accidently left the "Stay Logged in" button when logging in, and now immediatly after, I am now presented with the mailbox.)
    Yahoo was OK before, allowing me to enter in my email address then password, not It is storing my email address everywhere which is not what I want..

648th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Why is Yahoo not permitting the return to classic full featured email?

Permit the switch as before. How difficult can it be?

553rd ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. want to return to basic mail but can't find that option

Rudely awakened today by finding the "new" Yahoo Mail when I know I'd left it open overnight in the Classic format. Googled, to refresh my memory on how to get it back. Oops! Seems the information no longer works, as the mentioned "Switch to Basic" option is no longer available.

Color me Majorly Disgusted. Bad enough you adopted a set-up with such wimpy-*** emojis, but now -- insult to injury -- inflicting it on us with NO alternative, unless I want to dump the whole **** thing.

553rd ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Phishing

I just got a Phishing Scam email from purporting to be from Apple....and it was not, then I find this cannot be reported any more. There is a giant difference between SPAM and Phishing, we want the function back as I am sure it would make Yahoos job easier. Also our online safety.

148th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  30 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Get me into my account

Get me into my old email so i can reset my gmail and get all my pictures and move on with my day....

Burr_matthew@yahoo.com

...........is the account i cant access

Email me a response to burr_matthew1@yahoo.com

1150th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Possibility to change date format !! European version: Day/Month/Year

I want to update the format of the date for my Yahoo Mail account. I live in Europe and the current date format here is: Day/Month/Year. Please make this setting possible.

648th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. can't see the light colored font

Darker font. It's too light. I cannot read it!

1150th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Get rid of "You may have paid too much" notification-annoying!

"You may have paid too much" This notification is very annoying yet I have no way to remove it. Gets in the way of viewing mail. I am not at all interested in this.

648th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Spammers tempering with same e-mail addresses to access Spam messages

Spammers using same e-mail addresses with added alphabets or numbers to full my Spam inbox again. When e-mail addresses are added to block senders, any email address with similar naming should also be included to future spammers mails

648th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Dont make yahoo like FB! Keep it simple.!

Keep it simple. Why do all internet idiots think complex is better? I just want email! Now I can't even monitor my contacts! What the **** are you idiots thinking?

648th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Cannot create new filter

Recently I am unable to create new filters (I get an error message saying unable to create new filter). I have less than 50 filters so I'm not sure if it's a limit issue. Why can't I create new filters?

648th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Spammers are sending me emails not addressed to me, but I'm BCC on the email. Help turn off BCC for senders who add us to their email lists.

Disable BCC for spammers who add emails to their BCC lists to send out spam emails. I receive a lot of emails not addressed to me but I was told that I was on the BCC of those spam emails. Spammers use this as a way to get around the privacy, protection, and spam filtering safety measures on Yahoo. Help us to not receive emails that we're BCC'd on.

648th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. sort in alphabet order for filter besides moving filter up and down manually

sort in alphabet order for filter besides moving filter up and down manually

648th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. FONT IS TOO SMALL EVERYWHERE

EVERYTHING is TOO small. I am 76 years old, and I can't read anything once I log into my Yahoo account. The list of folders are too small. The list of e-mails in my inbox are too small. The new version makes it TOO HARD to read anything when I simply log in.

I haven't even opened an e-mail YET to see the OTHER problems. EVEN THE EXTREME while background and the new "themes" and colors hurt my eyes.

How do I switch it back to the OLD Version so I am able to read my e-mails?

325th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. what about tracking mail if opened?

is there an option to track mail? please let me know. i cannot install mailsptring

1150th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. no option to change password on my desktop

I have read three messages below, and agree--your change password option stinks. I get absolutely NO option to actually change my password. please send me instructions with screenshots on how to do it!
    this link doesn't work because there is no "change password button or menu item
    https://help.yahoo.com/kb/new-mail-for-desktop/sln27051.html

1150th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Move feature should have Sent in other to restore all Sent mails in Archive

Sent messages accidentally moved to Archive but Move feature doesn't have Sent in other to undo the error

1150th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 16 17
  • Don't see your idea?

New Mail

Feedback and Knowledge Base