New Mail

Welcome to our Yahoo Mail feedback forum! This is a place for you to help shape the new Yahoo Mail experience. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to your Yahoo Mail.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please visit our help site.
  3. For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.
  4. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. change disposal dates for trash & spam

change trash disposal from 7 days to 21 days
    change spam disposal from 30 days to 9 days

16th ranked

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Yahoo Mail needs a tool for mass-editing for deleting contacts

There should be a 'SELECT ALL' button for the user to edit out more than one-at-a-time

12th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Email notification

I would like to be able to specify which email senders I would like notification from. I DO NOT want notification for every email I get but only those senders that I specify. That would be very, very helpful. Thank you.

24th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Thumbnail Photo for writing email

I went ahead and paid for the upgraded subscription and I am now allowed to put a logo in my writing email. I would like to add a thumbnail photo to my signature, but it won't allow it. I have used yahoo for years and I find this frustrating because GMAIL doesn't require any form of payment and you can add logos and pictures to your writing email signature for no additional cost. Could you please add this feature?

24th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. how to recude screen brightness

how do i find and reduce the screen brightness

41st ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Hello dear Sir / Mam I am Saleheh Heydari,However there has been a miss-spelling regarding my birthday so I would like to ask you to change

Hello dear Sir / Mam
    I am Saleheh Heydari,However there has been a miss-spelling regarding my birthday so I would like to ask you to change may date accordingly:
    Please change "January 20, 1983 to January 10, 1984"
    Thank you in advance.
    sincerely yours

41st ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 41st ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Re-sizing feature has been locked by Yahoo!

When searching emails for all that fall into a specific folder the read pane below does not show the emails that are populated and the resizing drag-down does not work when trying to adjust it! ANOTHER FEATURE THAT YAHOO HAS ELIMINATED. I LIKE BEING ABLE TO SEE THE EMAILS IN THE READ PANE BELOW. AT ONE TIME NOT TOO LONG AGO ALL EMAILS POPULATED IN THAT LIST WOULD ALSO SHOW IN THE READ PANE BELOW IT WHICH NOW HAS THAT GENERIC ANNOYING GRAYED OUT ENVELOPE!

41st ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Why can't i EASILY adjust the font in which i view emails? Why is everything so non-intuitive and complicated?

This feature is available for writing emails - why not for viewing? I don't want to change the settings for my computer as a whole - but i do for emails - why isn't this something that is EASY to do (it is actually but obviously beyond your programmers perspective). Another case of something done to please the background programmers but not necessarily the users. Do your people actually USE this?

41st ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Why am I required to sign in all the time?

I would like to stay signed in. I checked the box to stay signed in but it does not work.

41st ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 41st ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. save multiple emails

Saving multiple emails to a File is a need expressed by me and some others that I see listed. I need many, probably 100 plus emails saved to a file that I may use as back up to further research. You have had others ask for a similar capability in the past, but there was no Answer or action taken to enable this capability. Printing each email and then scanning and saving to a file is wasted resources.

24th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Bring back Alias feature

Pls bring back ability to recover and/or create Alias function as i deleted the Alias accidentally and henceforth it is inconvenient to log in to yahoo account. Thx.

41st ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. put button to switch languare to english

no button to switch language to english

41st ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. WHAT THE **** DID YOU DO TO THE EMAIL FORMAT???? CHANGE IT BACK

THE WHOLE FORMAT IS DIFFERENT. I OPENED MY EMAIL AND IT WAS TOTALLY DIFFERENT. WHAT THE **** ARE YOU DOING?

41st ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. It would be most helpful for the

It would be most helpful to have the option to sort alphabetically. It would save so much time cleaning the sea of emails. Thank you.

24th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. documents preview

The inbox use to show the attachment immediately as a photo and be in photos now there is no Preview and it is in documents. How do I put it back in photos?

41st ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Disable shortcut keys

I would like to see a setting to disable shortcut keys. Often when I try to move a message, I start typing the folder name and inadvertently activate some shortcut because the cursor is not in the folder search bar.

41st ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Narrower Banner Heading

Love yahoo but maybe it can be improved by making the banner at the top a bit narrower. That way more of a message is showing. I'm using Firefox in Kubuntu.

41st ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Swich off the first line of text, from email, in the overall view

If there is a lot going on in your inbox, you want a good overview.
    Only de titel of the e-mails is enhough. It would be useful if you
    can switch off de first text off the email in the overall view.
    As you can do in gmail.

41st ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base