Skip to content

New Mail Basic



Welcome to our Yahoo Basic Mail feedback forum! This is a place for you to help shape the new Yahoo Basic Mail experience. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to your Yahoo Mail.

Basic Mail provides base functionality like reading and writing messages, but does not include many of the advanced options. To use these features, we recommend upgrading to full-featured version of Yahoo Mail.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

  1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please visit our help site.
  3. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.


619 results found

  1. Bring back the "move" button

    My idea is simple. Quit changing the format. Why is there no move button anymore? Now I have to scroll through a drop down menu to move an email to the proper folder. Which I have to do AFTER I scroll the entire page up to where the buttons are after looking at the mail. It use to be the body of the letter would scroll down and the buttons and the folders would stay in view instead of moving with the body of the mail. Who the heck thought that up?

    174th ranked

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    0 comments  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. broken Links

    Dear To Whom It May Concern, 8/26/2026

    I don't know how many times I have given feed back regarding broken links in my email. The broken links, the up / down arrows on the right side of one's emails almost 100% of the time do not show up unless fixed and then the next time I do through my emails, again then they are again missing!!!

    174th ranked

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    0 comments  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I like the old email (free) system better.

    The current system is not visually appealing, and navigating through it is cumbersome. Is there any way to restore the previous system? Please advise.

    174th ranked

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    0 comments  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. 174th ranked

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    0 comments  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. new look

    i hate the new yahoomail and everything about it, its hard to use and come around to its not efficient, i would like to go back to the old version, you people are not making it easier for some strange reason it looks and seems very unhepful, oddly large and just a waste of space

    174th ranked

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    0 comments  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. go back to the way it was

    go back to the way it was

    174th ranked

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    0 comments  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. GO BACK TO THE OLD VERSION!!!

    I HATE this version I now have to use. Was fine with the old one. WTF

    174th ranked

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    0 comments  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I want my old email

    Listen ********, this new email sucks I want my old email or Im canceling. Change it back . NOW . My email is tomd1123@yahoo.com

    174th ranked

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    0 comments  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. picking unstarred emails to delete

    Please return the ability to pick unstarred emails to delete

    174th ranked

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    0 comments  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. After 25 years, I'm done with Yahoo

    The old mail was fine. It wasn't perfect, but it was usable. I tried the New Mail and I can't find half of my emails and folders, even when I search for them. So I try to go back to Old Mail, and all the features I enjoyed are gone and it's not just basic, it's VERY basic. It's awful, but there seems to be no relief from it unless I pay, but since I have no guarantee that the features I've come to rely on are actually going to be present once I pay, and since you clearly don't…

    174th ranked

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    0 comments  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. you need to stop, keeping me from deleting my contacts...

    you only allow detetion of contacts 5 at a time..then you get an error saying contact not errased..stop the ******** and make it as a bulk seletion to delete

    174th ranked

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    0 comments  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. switched back to old yahoo after trying new

    New mail is horrible. Switched back to Old email and its not the same!!!! Lost all the old features I had and good look and feel.

    Yahoo you ruined everything, I will be moving to Gmail for everything now over the coming months. Good job yahoo.

    174th ranked

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    0 comments  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. make it f easier to change passwords

    can not foind how to change passwords

    174th ranked

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    0 comments  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Signing in requires too many clicks

    Bring back one click sign in.

    174th ranked

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    0 comments  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. HATE THE NEW YAHOO MAIL!

    PUT IT BACK THE WAY IT WAS!!!! I CAN'T PERSONALIZE AT ALL! I LIKE THE BLACK BACKGROUND, NOT THE WHITE!!

    174th ranked

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    0 comments  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Bring back the Standard version of yahoo email

    I don't know who the idiot was that decided to get rid of the Standard version, but they should be fired. The old email, how do you add a signature image to the signature footer??? Oh, you can't!!! How can I click on a sender's emails and find all the messages from that sender?? Oh, you can't!!! How can I customize the Theme of the look of my email besides, light and dark? Oh, you can't!!! The "New yahoo email", How can I see all my mailboxes at a glance?? Oh, I can't because they aren't in a nice easy…

    139th ranked

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I DO NOT LIKE IT

    I DO NOT LIKE THE NEW FORMAT AND DO NOT LIKE THAT THE SUGGESTIONS YOU POST DO NOT WORK TO CHANGE BACK TO THE BASIC VERSION - FIX IT PLEAST YS

    174th ranked

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    0 comments  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. STOP CHANGING

    I DO NOT LIKE THE NEW FORMAT AND DO NOT LIKE THAT THE SUGGESTIONS YOU POST DO NOT WORK TO CHANGE BACK TO THE BASIC VERSION - FIX IT PLEAST YS

    174th ranked

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    0 comments  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. 174th ranked

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    0 comments  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Yahoo is blocking important emails

    Yahoo is blocking important emails that I need to recieve and I don't know why. Please help stop that.

    174th ranked

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    0 comments  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

New Mail Basic

Categories