New Mail Basic

Welcome to our Yahoo Basic Mail feedback forum! This is a place for you to help shape the new Yahoo Basic Mail experience. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to your Yahoo Mail.

Basic Mail provides base functionality like reading and writing messages, but does not include many of the advanced options. To use these features, we recommend upgrading to full-featured version of Yahoo Mail.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please visit our help site.
  3. For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.
  4. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

1. Delete without any marked mail is a very BAD IDEA, Deletes ALL MAIL

I accidently hit delete without any buttons marked.
    And you only put a single note that it would delete ALL MAIL>

Nobody is paying attention.

YOU NEED to POST the "ALL MAILS? REALLY?!!" several times to prevent users from not realizing that it REALL deletes all mail.

180th ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Please restore the Save Draft buttons, the

Please restore the Save Draft button.
    You have an OBSCURE 'saved' note at the bottom of a page, which takes an age to show up.
    Also the save notification, (since there is NO BUTTON), is faint, visible only if the Yahoo screen is full screen, which we never do to any web page.
    You have messed up Yahoo mail so so much that we dislike using it for any work.

180th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. text mode only Yahoo Mail

I work with a ssh (secure shell session).
    So I vi editor, emacs editor, lynx web browser and so on.
    Why not a Yahoo Mail interface for all that?
    It would be without the various add-ons and basic, without calls to javascript and such [Hurrah!!!

103rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 103rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. 180th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Delete and block irrelevant mails

Hi there,
    Previously, it was easier to delete and block unwanted emails. but now since few months this option is no more available and its quite annoying to copy and add thousands of irrelevant emails in to block email id tab via setting option. Pls make it either as easy as it was in previous version or invent way more easy option to block unnecessary /irrelevant/unwanted emails

103rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. You deleted my Contacts Lists!!! Stop making changes that interfere with our contacts!!!

Stop making changes that interfere with our contacts!!! You deleted my Contacts Lists!!!

103rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. ability to switch back and forth

I have to accounts, I have to log out of one and log into the other, I used to be able to hover over my name and switch back n forth. bring back that function.

41st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Physical address information (Address) as well as notes have disappeared from the contacts list. I need to restore them asap.

Restore addresses saved in the Contacts list (not email addresses, actual addresses).

103rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Which century will Yahoo create a calendar app for android?

Why is there STILL no calendar app for android to sync events???? This is 2019...not 1999.

103rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Emptying Trash

Hey! Yahoo has managed to create another great annoyance!! Now, when you click the icon to empty your trash, you are greeted with a piece-of-**** "Updating all messages" dialog box with a progress bar!! Who thought of that? Not needed, just empty the trash and tell me it's empty!! No "updating all messages" crockery necessary!!!!

25th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  20 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Make voting easier.

This screen needs a button to sort the list below , showing ideas in rank order.

That way we could vote on existing ideas without trying to create existing items, (like send only when SEND is clicked.)

180th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Prove I'm not a robot during sign-in

Hey, what a great idea! Let's the user base off by insisting they prove they're not a robot during the sign-in process! It's already annoying that they have to go through a two-step process, let's make it three!! What a great **** idea!!!

103rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 180th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. How Can I restore a deleated contact ??

Could you please tell me how to restore a deleted contact ?.........I got rid of a contact a few weeks ago.........and would like to have it back.........thank you for your time.............

103rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 103rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. why is there no phone number or live person or even a "contact us" option ??

This option to report or post a new idea is a farce !! We might as well be
    writing in our "dear diary"
    Yahoo has NOT RESPONDED to any of the (literally) thousands of comments. WHY IS THAT ???

180th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Link original Yahoo id to business mail like it did before upgrade. So I don't have to log in multiple places

Link original Yahoo id to business mail like it did before upgrade. So I don't have to log in multiple places

180th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Can no longer import large numbers of contacts via excel.

This new Yahoo system is horrible! and they are trying to get people to pay extra for this useless service.

103rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Block email addresses!

Please reprogram where it says "block email address" . It ALSO should work for phone numbers.

24th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  42 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 20 21
  • Don't see your idea?

New Mail Basic

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base