Mail Bucket

Welcome to our Yahoo Mail feedback forum! This is a place for you to help shape the Yahoo Mail experience. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to your Yahoo Mail.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please visit our help site.
  3. For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.
  4. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Please return the "compose new messages in Plain Text" setting

Please return the setting that allows us to have all new messages set to "plain text" by default.

I always compose my messages as "plain text", and the old system had a setting such that message-composition windows defaulted to "plain text". It was convenient.

Thanks.

262nd ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. This is what happens when Imbeciles are hired for diversity. New Mail sucks

This is what happens when Imbeciles are hired for diversity. New Mail sucks

35th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. New Mail

Stop forcing my mailbox to change. If I wanted it changed to the new format I would have have changed it. Why even bother asking if I want to change if you are going to ignore what I want?

47th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. get new site

bunch oh **** to reset username and password

520th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. ...RIP Yahoo mail

It is time I finally give up on Yahoo.... good bye

60th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Conversations/Threads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. stop grouping emails by month

I hate seeing my emails in my inbox grouped by month. I just want a list like it was on the old format. How can I change back or change this grouping back to a list?

227th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Why does New Yahoo Mail add extra line breaks in the text of received emails ?

Why does the New Yahoo Mail add extra line breaks &/or spacing between lines in the text of received emails ? This didn't happen before in old YMail.

There is also no horizontal bar separating all the email replies.

138th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Signed up for Oath email on Android, but still get ads on my windows computer

Still get ads on Windows computer after paying for Oath membership on Android phone. what gives?!!!!!

520th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. When you create a "tutorial" PLEASE give a "text only" option. Those of us with disabilities

Tutorial: When you create a tutorial, PLEASE create a "text-only" option Those of us with disabilities have a hard time with videos. If we use a text reader, we cannot do that with a video. If we are hearing impaired, we would prefer to read the text. We cannot see what is going on in the video, when we cannot see!

520th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. HOW DO I ADD A NEW FOLDER, A NEW SUBJECT TO SAVE EMAILS

THE OLD VERSION HAD A "CREATE FOLDER" TO ADD A NEW SUBJECT FOR SOME EMAILS NEW IS SUPPOSE TO BE BETTER NOT WORSE

149th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. New YMail does not accept just the domain name in Blocked Address list

Old YMail's Settings - Security & Privacy - Blocked Addresses allowed me to enter just the domain name, so all emails from that domain were blocked.

New YMail's Settings - Security & Privacy - Blocked Addresses does not allow entering just the domain name. I have to type in the full email address !

Can you make the New YMail work like the old YMail so that the Blocked Addresses list accepts just the domain name ?

373rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Set filters directly from the Inbox

Without the ability to set filters directly from the Inbox, Yahoo Mail is unusable.

Yahoo blew me off with its last response. I know one can go to settings--that is time wasting with the number of e-mail lists I receive.

102nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. reply

When replying in the new version, the information from the original message is missing (To/From/Date/Subject). There is no separation between my reply and the original message. Please bring it back or offer options.

373rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. I used to be able to attached my picture to any new email I sent by clicking on recent pictures on side bar that I could attach to new mail

I used to be able to attached my picture to any new email I sent by clicking on recent pictures on side bar that I could attach to new mail and can no longer do that. How can I get that feature back

301st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. New Email Format STINKS! I can't search for specific people in email groupings (Sent, INbos, etc.)

I hate the new format, MIGHTILY!
    I can't search for specific people in "Sent" and other email categories, like I could do before.
    Before, I could scroll down my inbox and a search box would come up where I could enter a name of someone and all the emails from that person would come up and ONLY emails from a specific person. Now, I have to scroll through THOUSANDS of emails! :( :(

81st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Ability to adjust how aggressive the filter is on spam

The spam filter is too aggressive. Most of my email goes into the spam folder. Even after i have marked a previous message from the same sender as "not spam" new emails still seem to go there. This is not an optimal experience. There should be some ability to set the filter settings as more or less aggressive.

200th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. I hate this new format. I can't search by individual recipen

I HATE the new email format.
    How dare you not ask us, the users what we want!

I can't search for individual recipients of my emails.
    I don't have the time to scroll through thousands of sent emails.

67th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Good bye Yahoo mail. You now stink and I have others more agreeable

Yahoo needs to quit f**** with their email formats. They get worse each and every time. What a bunch of Yahoo's. F.U. and the horse you rode in on.

262nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. when i SEARCH SOMETHING I WANT TO SEE THE FOLDER THE RESULTS SHOW SENT DRAFT OR WHATEVER GIVE ME THE OLD EMAIL SYSTEM BACK PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!

when i SEARCH SOMETHING I WANT TO SEE RIGHT AWAY THE FOLDER THE RESULTS SHOW SENT DRAFT OR WHATEVER GIVE ME THE OLD EMAIL SYSTEM BACK PLEASE!!!!!!!!!! ALSO WHEN I SEARCH FOR S/TH IN " " I WANT THAT SPECIFIC TERM O N LY AND N O T A WHOLE BUNCH OF OTHER RESULTS HOW CAN I GET THE OLD SYSTEM BACK????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THANK U MADAM SIR

47th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. MADAM SIR WHEN I SEARCH IN " " I WANT THAT SPECIFIC TERM AND ALL KINDS OF OTHER RESULTS!!!! GIVE ME THE OLD VERSION BACK. I ALSO DO NO LO

MADAM SIR WHEN I SEARCH IN " " I WANT THAT SPECIFIC TERM AND ALL KINDS OF OTHER RESULTS!!!! ALSO THE RESULTS SHOULD SHOW WHAT FOLDER IT IS IN...SENT DRAFT ETC.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GIVE ME THE OLD VERSION BACK PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. I ALSO DO NO LONGER SEE THE TIME SOMTHING IS SAVED AND I'VE LOST DRAFTS W H E R E ARE THEY. I APPRECIATE YOUR SERVICE BUT WHY ON EARTH ALWAYS TRY TO FIX SOMETHING THAT'S NOT BROKEN... AND USING ILLUM. SYMBOLS 999 SWITCH THAT OFF PLEASE MADAM SIR.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THIS IS URGENT PLEASE EMAIL A REAL PERSON WITH A REAL ADDRESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

122nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base