US Search Desktop

We appreciate your feedback on how to improve Yahoo Search. This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our community support forum or find self-paced help on our help site. This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

Hi, please let us know how we can improve your Search experience.

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Dark mode and fluent like design, easy access to search.yahoo homepage

A system wide dark mode would be great. A fluent design or acrylic theme I think would look wicked BECAUSE your image and video viewing already remind me of it. Your video viewer/wrapper, or whatever the proper term for it is, looks slick and cool with that dark acrylic like/similar material, BUT we got that white clashing with it. An acrylic white theme and black theme would look sick. If you could include the motion (don't know what it's technically called) where material lights up wherever you move your mouse like Windows 10 has then that would be aesthetically nice…

1st ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    2 comments  ·  I have a suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Stop with all the video playback, especially when not connected to the article I am reading. Will stop using the web page if you continue

Quit with the worthless automatic video playback with the annoying story playing with awful music. It is annoying already. Plus having something not associated with the story I am reading.

6th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  What I dislike  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. We need a KFC in Spring Hill, Fl. 34608 Perhaps nead Sam's Club. Thank you, Hector Cournoyer 352-777-8001

We need a KFC in Spring Hill, Fl. 34608 Perhaps nead Sam's Club. Thank you, Hector Cournoyer 352-777-8001

7th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  I have a suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. We need a KFC in Spring Hill, Fl. 34608 Perhaps nead Sam's Club. Thank you, Hector Cournoyer 352-777-8001

We need a KFC in Spring Hill, Fl. 34608 Perhaps nead Sam's Club. Thank you, Hector Cournoyer 352-777-8001

7th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. My folders

I put wanted emails into one of my 10-15 folders only to have it disappear when needed again ! What is the purpose of having folders in the first place ! ?

1st ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  I have a problem  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. More Fleshed-Out Yahoo Answer Cards in Web Portal

Web Portal:
    Yahoo should give more attention to yahoo answers snippets in its web portal. "Is Russian an easy language to learn?" This question gives us a snippet but the snippet contains a hard to see border. The snippet should be like Bing's reddit feature where you can scroll through the top responses. You only get one answer on Yahoo. When mouse is over card then card should show depth animation for visual aid (like Bing does).

Search.Yahoo Homepage:
    You could include the ability to ask questions via the search.yahoo homepage. Make the page scrollable like Bing and include the…

1st ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  I have a suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Refurbish the Yahoo news portal

The News.search portal looks outdated and is weak.

The news section should have a continuous scrolling like Bing.

The News snippets should look like cards to add depth, and the cards material should be acrylic like the yahoo image and video viewer/wrapper. Include the ability of the card to light up when your mouse is over it like how Windows 10 does. You video viewer/wrapper is sort of like that, but it just lights up a card, which, still looks nice but being more like Fluent Design would aid users because it gives them visual cues.

The news snippets are…

1st ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  What I dislike  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Today i visited ur store in Kenosha, please note I love ur store, for camping supplies 4 this week

Make sure you have staff present in your store!!! That know the heimleck procedure!!!!I was choking on a piece of pizza that u were giving out I store!!!I,m a crazy lady, well I could not breathe it was lodged in my throat!!!!! I was pushing on my other half who an emt, but no one knew what to do!!!!!!!!!!!My suggestion have ur managers trained to that fact!!! only negative I did not get my sweet potato organic crackers that were in my cart!!!!lol Membership #111877665974

7th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  I have a suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Add an image trending area

Make one like Bing's BUT have trending categories be pictures that are trending on sites like Devinart, Flickr, Getty, etc. Would drive traffic to those sites which makes good relationships with them, no?

If you were able to include an icon that suggested comments on such pictures whose sites allow comments then that could entice clicks.

1st ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. make better ads for helping the hungry

quit showing kids playing with food for the million meals project!!
    The kids don't have gloves, food handler permits, and all food shown must be tossed out. Not a good ad for feeding the hungry by wasting food
    while kids play in p-nut butter and jelly and loaves of bread to throw away and waste!!!

7th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. 7th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. 7th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. My neighbors and I just finished a party where we all were celebrated removing CNN from all of our tv sets. WHAT A GREAT DAY.

CNN is a propaganda nerwork for Hillary Clinton and the Democratic Party. Your propaganda channel has relegated you all to becoming *** CLOWNS and SWAMP DONKEYS. NO NEWS, NO CLASS and NO MORALS.

7th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. www.andreenriques.com

Please add to search results.

7th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. www.andreenriques.com

VA Loan Expert in San Diego. Please add to search results

7th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. www.vaapproved.net

Please add this mortgage lender to your search results

7th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Andre Enriques Mortgage Banker - VA Loan Expert

Mortgage Lender in Chula Vista CA. Please add to search results.

7th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. search in UK only

What I originally liked about Yahoo, was that by the simple click of an option on the main header, I had the ability to search UK ONLY or UK & Ireland websites. So that my search results listed only websites (eg retailers/suppliers) from the UK. Now, it lists every sod*ing website across the globe, just like Pooh-gle does. If I wanted that many pointless results from my search, of retailers who are going to charge double the product cost just for the shipping, I'd be using Pooh-gle!!!! Please bring back the UK only UK&Ireland quick-click search options.

7th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  What I like  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

US Search Desktop

Feedback and Knowledge Base