too many sponsored ads in with news
Stop putting 'sponsored' articles in with the news.. No wonder Yahoo is loosing popularity.. This is their biggest complaint and they aren't doing anything about it.. It will bite them in the end...
I hate Hillary commented
YOUR ADS ARE FOR PRE-TEENS, WOMEN IN BIKINI'S AND **** JOKES?
Terry Wyatt commented
I would agree here but if you have to have so many, at least put newer ones in. Seeing the same old add all the time for the same old stuff gets really old.
For me it's hard to understand why someone hasn't already shared their knowledge and told these people how to regain their peace of mind. Free access to shared ideas and information is the Internet defined. These traps are built for those who settle for the default settings and might over think that change is bad, and under think that they have access to something better. Well, I'm your catcher in the rye. I got your back. I will help you all.
Okay everyone this is how to stop the over population of sponsored links in the newsfeed, block ALL ads AS well as those automatically playing Yahoo preferred news videos:
1) Block all Yahoo non-moving ads that pose as real articles that say in hard to read light grey colored texted "sponsored" by using free plugin "Ad Block Plus" and tweaking it's preferences to block every got darn ad on Yahoo.
ABP also lets you block pictures that are offensive. Right click and block the "image" of any ad sponsored by light blue triangle logo "AdChoices".
2) And to further financially punish Yahoo for selling out to branded celebrities and products, stop Yahoo's preferred "Must Watch" automatic playing videos with free "Flash Block Plus." browser add-on/plugin. No more automatic play in the background. Bye-Bye Flash.
Make Yahoo News a pleasurable experience again.
ISSUES?: If you are having issues installing browser plugins then you have a virus. This happened to me all of sudden my Yahoo turned into times square.
1) Make sure your system is up to date, Open Start menu search for "Windows Update". Expect 30-45 mins and a system restart.
2) Install and run anti-virus program. Expect 30-45mins for it to check all system files for viruses. MAKE SURE YOUR BROWSER IS CLOSED OR THE VIRUS CAN"T BE REMOVED FROM A RUNNING PROGRAM, or you'll have to blow another 30mins to run/remove again.
3) Quarantine or remove all viruses by checking boxes or some act other than "ignore".
4) Wait for the "all clear/clean" blurp summary statement form the program.
4) Restart your computer.
5) Tweak your browser plugins with ABP and FB. I had to right click on an ad's "image" to switch ABP back on. The browser virus had it switched off.
Done and Gosh Darn You AdChoices.