How can we improve Yahoo News?

What's with the old news??? Like some of this is years old - wow! Looks like I need a new daily news service.

New news only ... that's why they call it "news" :>D

29th ranked
Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Fyr Werx shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

13 comments

Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Jim Wolfe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just take a look at your news heading down the page and check into how old the content is. It amounts to OLD NEWS in most cases.

• Girish Parmar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add date/time stamps to the news items; a lot of the news items are repeated several times. News editors should scan for duplicate news items several times a day and remove them.

• Parantap Dixit commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yahoo NEWS coverage is very poor. If you want to improve read it completely. Yahoo is almost always 2 to 3 days behind in providing NEWS. Ask your NEWS editors to refer to BBC, Reuters, AFP, NYT and other such reputed current NEWS services, so that get ideas as to what is NEWS. Your web-site failed to refer to a Strong Cyclone that hit at the speed of 225 Km on the coast of Eastern India. Heavy rain and flooding in Mid-west US, Yahoo was behind by 2 days to cover many major disasters happening in this world. More is happening in this world other than Games of Throne, Kim Kardashian and other routinely repeated stale items. Your News Editors do not know or do not understand 'What are the priorities and how to present current NEWS on your web-site. May be it is time to update their training or hiring more experienced editors.Thanks.

• NickD commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As has been the case for the last few years, my newspaper is more up to date than yayhoo regarding the front page. Also even the headlines from Huff post is pure editorialization and opinion making.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please update your stories more frequently. I keep seeing the same ones over and over day after day. And, please get rid of the "sponsored" garbage.

• Howard commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

News feed continues to display very old articles. Why can't you remove these? I don't like reading articles that are several days old.

• John Armor commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am using Google Chrome and with "My Yahoo" account the various News pages (NYT, Vanguard, etc) are several days old. Yesterdays headlines are the same as today's. How do I refresh the news?

• Sonjia C Healy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Your website posts day-old news. Why? I have to go to CNN or other websites to read current news.

• David Lopez commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Make a Breaking News category that automatically transfers articles more than two hours old to other categories like US, World, Politics.

Feedback and Knowledge Base