Fantasy Football

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our self-paced help on our help site. This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Combine multiple leagues

I run three 12-team leagues and combine the championship into a 6-team final (all 3 championships). Obviously the teams can't actually play against each other, which is fine. But combining the championship game allows me to much more creative with payouts throughout the year and playoffs with a bigger pool of entry fees (36 vs 12). It would be nice to see this built in for a few reasons:
    1. I could be the commissioner of the entire system, rather than employing a commissioner for each of the other 2 leagues.
    2. Then everyone would be able to have visibility…

Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Playoffs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow leagues to start playoffs before week 14, considering NFL might postpone season at any time.

My 6 team league wants to have playoffs weeks 11, 12, 13, after we've all played each other twice. Considering the NFL could postpone the season at any time, this might ensure we finish our season.

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Need another playoff choice

I love your fantasy football league but I need you to add another playoff option. My league this year will be two divisions with six playoff teams. I want both divisions champions to have first round byes, but I want my No. 2 seed and No. 3 seed in each division to meet in the first round of the playoffs, and then the winner plays the No. 1 seed from the same division. I want to keep the playoffs inter-division like NFC vs NFC, and AFC vs, AFC. You do not currently offer that option. I want 3 playoff teams…

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Tampa,

Thank you for your feedback.

As league commissioner, you have the option to use the commissioner tools to edit the 1st week of the playoffs for both the seedings and matchups. This would allow you to have the division winners have a bye then have the 2 seed play the 3 seed from each respective division and the following week play the 1 seed in the semifinals. Learn more at https://help.yahoo.com/kb/SLN28555.html.

If you do not want reseeding, you can disable this setting in the league settings. Learn more by going to https://help.yahoo.com/kb/fantasy-football/enable-playoff-reseeding-yahoo-fantasy-sln6467.html.

Thanks,

Product Support

4. 7 Playoff Teams Option

My league has always tried to mirror the NFL with 16 teams and 6 playoff teams being half the NFL numbers. With the NFL now going to 14 teams I'd like to be able to have 7 playoff teams.

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. 5 team playoff

Can you add 5 teams make the playoffs, kind of like a play in game. Seeds 4 vs 5 in week 14, with seeds 1,2,3 earning buys. Then the winner vs #1 and 2 vs 3 in week 15 and so on.

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Eric,

Thanks for your feedback.

We will get your suggestion to our product team.

If you would like to use this type of playoff this season, you will need to run your regular season through Week 14. You can edit the matchups for the week so the teams that would be the 4 and 5 seed will play one another in Week 14. You would also set up the league with a 4 team playoff format, so the playoffs would start in Week 15 and you would be able to edit the first round of the playoffs to set the matchups and seeds for the last 4 teams and continue with the playoffs.

Thanks,

Product Support

6. Reverse Playoff for Losers

All of the teams who miss the playoffs are seeded into a losers bracket. the worst team has the best seed and so on. Match up like a normal bracket but the winner each week is eliminated. Loser advances. Who ever is left without a win is the league loser. I do this every year off site, would be cool if yahoo added an option.

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Make it an option to have playoffs for 2 weeks instead of 1 like other fantasy sites.

Many other sites allow 2 week playoff formats. This can allow stronger teams to win and not have a bad week or lucky week and win. Please consider this as an option next year. I might have to change league sites of this is not offered as others in my league want this option.

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Winner of the 5th place game... But..

Still listed as 6th place.

nooooooo.

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello Wayne,

Thanks for providing your feedback.

If your league is currently in its final week for the playoffs, standings will not update until the results are final for the week. If you still see an issue after week 16 has concluded, please reach out at help.yahoo.com or @YahooFantasyCC on Twitter so you can provide your league number and we will look into it for you.

Thanks,

Product Support

9. Plaoff question

Question?? My league is a points only league. When playoffs start will automatically convert into head to head right?? Also i only have eight teams in my league will everyone go to the playoffs??

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Steve,

Thanks for reaching out with your feedback.

There are no playoffs in Points Only leagues. Your league will not convert into a head-to-head league. If you want to have playoffs, you would need to reach out at help.yahoo.com to request support to make this change.

Thanks,

Product Support

10. Commissioner able to make changes at all times

I need the Lock Eliminated Teams to NO. However since the playoff week technically started I am unable to change it. This should be a changeable option throughout. And of course the Yahoo help team never returns messages so they can maybe make this change after the fact.

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Allow Commissioners to hold a second draft or to empty rosters to Free Agency for teams eliminated.

You have a lock feature for teams. How about Once teams are eliminated, Allow for a second draft of just the players from teams eliminated from the playoffs or make them automatically free agents on a set date. Thus playoff teams can improve. I would request waivers but the worst playoff team could claim every good player. This would call for more attention from owners to the fantasy sports league and would make for more exciting finishes.

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. MAKE PLAY-OFFS CUSTOMIZABLE

This is pretty simple - we have a 10 player league, but our play-off options are 4, 8 or 10. Why not 6 with the option to allow 1st and 2nd in regular season to get a bye in the first round of the play-offs? We've been asking for this for YEARS. Having only 4 is too little and 8 and 10 are ridiculous. "Everybody wins!" Fix it, please.

Signed in as (Sign out)

We offer 4, 6, and 8 team playoffs. I am not sure where you are seeing that we don’t offer a 6 team playoff and that we do offer a 10 team playoff. If you double check and this is the case, please visit help.yahoo.com and create an email ticket in order to contact us.

13. Options for Fantasy Playoffs

Provide more flexibility for playoff structure. For example, my league wants to do the first round as the top 2 highest scoring teams advance, rather than the two winners of head to head matchups. Right now, there is no way to structure this, and to my knowledge, no way I can go back after the week is over as commissioner and retroactively advance the two highest scoring teams regardless of their matchup outcome.

I think this is pretty basic and something that should be offered to commissioners looking for different options instead of the cookie cutter ones currently provided.

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Week 17 Pro Bowl

Give a league option to have a pro bowl on week 17. After the champion is crowned in week 16, you have a league wide game to see who scores the most points in week 17. High score wins the pro bowl.

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Add the option for playoffs to end on week 15 !

Although rare, starters are benched in week 16. We want our leagues playoffs to end on week 15!

Signed in as (Sign out)

Merged  ·  Product Support responded

Thank you for your feedback. I will pass this along to our Product team for further review.

16. Adjustable playoff seeding

Top 6 seeds qualify with 7th seed Wildcard based on most points scored in season from Seeds 7-12. #1 seed is the only team that gets a bye.

Week 14 (quarterfinals):
    Seed 1 - Bye
    2 & 5 play
    3 & 4 play
    6 & Wildcard (7-12) play

Week 15 (Semifinal)
    Seed 1 - plays the lowest seed out of 3 remaining teams.

Two "middle seeded" teams play

Week 16 (Championship)

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. I need to change the number of playoff teams from 6 to 8. Maybe you can do this and I cannot find where to make the change.

How do you switch the number of teams that you want in the playoffs? I am looking to go from 6 to 8. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey Mike, click Commissioner > Under League Settings, click ‘Edit League Settings’ > and then adjust ‘Playoff Weeks’ to your desired setting.

Yahoo Product Support

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base