Fantasy Hockey

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our self-paced help on our help site. This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add metric for games played

Adding a column for games played would allow for us to distinguish between poor performance and injury related deficits in statistics.

358th ranked

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Viewing rosters by date

When viewing a team's lines on the desktop site, the farthest back that you can set a date on the drop down menu is 2 days prior to the current date (you can do this over and over to get to the first day of play). What I would suggest is that the drop down menu functions similarly to the drop down menu on the mobile app, and the user be able to scroll up and down to select any date from the menu, so as to more easily view teams' lineups.

358th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Downloadable/alternative stats

I would like to see free agent stats downloadable - I'd also like to see other statistical categories other than the ones in my league - at the very least games played. What you have now is pretty bush league.

358th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. i have 4 players on real life IR. just killing my season. why can't there be as many IR subs as there is players on IR?

if you have multiple players on IR you should be able to pick up a FA for all the IR players not just 1

358th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Max Comtois should be NA not DTD

He's not in the NHL, he plays from Drummondville of the QMJHL.

I play in a keeper league where we have a house rule that keepers are only players who have played less than 5 seasons in the NHL. Hence the value of acquiring prospects like Comtois and parking him on the NA roster position.

358th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Add games played filter

When sorting players, there should be a games played filter option (for example, minimum of 10 games). That way when sorting by average stats, there isn't a ton of players who've only played 1-2 games.

The NHL stats website does this and it's very convenient.

112th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 496th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. player search filters

is it possible to add additional filters/stats in the player list (free agents and waivers):

last year average (those "std dev" is useless)

and maybe the option to select positions, so you are able to look for player who have exactly C,LW or LW,RW.

an other idea would be to have the filter to select multiple teams. for example if I have a look on the schedule and see that it would be worth it this week to have a player from the penguins, ducks or caps: I can select those 3 teams and then I have all of them…

496th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Additional IR spot

One IR spot for the NHL is way to restrictive given the physical nature of the game and how long the schedule is

475th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Please add Quinn Hughes to the player database

Quinn Hughes needs to be added into the player database for keeper pool reasons.

235th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. NJ Devils not Duke Blue Devils

The graphic posted on the current matchup between the 'Canes and the Devils shows the Duke logo rather than the NJ Devils logo. I don't see a way to include the screenshot image. Kinda funny. Maybe go Miami U vs. Duke, then at least you'd be equal opportunity demoters from Pro Hockey to college (better known for basketball and football)

496th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Information Requested  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Let us view players' point per game average for all previous seasons

Please let us view players' points per game average for all previous seasons. Ideally, there would also be a filter for minimum games played. Currently, you only show point totals and standard deviation for past seasons, whereas you do show average ppg for current seasons. This change would be a huge help for those in leagues with custom scoring.

172nd ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Carter Hart should be as an available N/A roster player before the season starts.

There is a very good chance that Carter Hart will play in some capacity this year. I had him in my N/A slot all of last season, waiting for him to come up. In our keeper league, we have a keepable N/A slot that we use for these N/A players. Carter Hart was my N/A keeper and now he's dropped out of availability. I think he should be added in again. Especially with the likelyhood of his use this year. He won't start the season as a starter (obviously) but you can't ignore the fact that there is a high…

496th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Allow Trades during the off season!

Instead of having leagues go Read-Only at the conclusion of the regular season, please allow for trades of players/picks during the summer months. For keeper leagues, the summer is an important time of year and right now, we need to track everything manually and hope we input everything correctly immediately before next seasons draft.

103rd ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Stop moving starters to bench when add\drop a new player

I set my team in advance each week. I set current players to start. If I add a new player and drop another, all my starters suddenly get moved to the bench. I have to go back and hit 'start active players' again. I had three players accidentally on the bench tonight because of this 'feature'.

193rd ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Combination between Rotisserie and Head-to-head

Hi,
    Would it be possible to combine Head-to-head with Rotisserie, in order to create a week-to-week rotisserie mode?

With that, we would reduce the luck factor, for example by playing against the hottest team in a week when you have the second hottest team, and keep the “who’s hot or not” value from the head-to-head mode, with moves limits.

The team with most goals gets 10 points (if there are 10 teams) and, with 9 stats, you could get up to 90 points for a week. On Sunday night, points add up for the standing and your start all over…

59th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey Renaud, thanks very much for your feedback. Our product and engineering teams are investigating how feasible this would be to implement. Good luck this season!

Yahoo Product Support

17. Games played

Games played should appear some where in the mobile app in order to compare stats better

153rd ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. IR designations

If you won't give a player an IR designation until the team does, why do you remove the IR designation before the team does? Should be one or the other, either go by what the team does or don't.

It's annoying to plan out moves only to have an IR designation removed from a player just because he skated at practice. Many times the player ends up not playing in the next game anyway and fantasy owners are stuck with dead roster space because of a choice that Yahoo, not the NHL team, makes.

193rd ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. "Please share my info with the NHL" preference is not saving correctly

On the edit information page from your team, there is the preference that says:

"PLEASE SHARE MY INFO WITH THE NHL SO I CAN RECEIVE INFORMATION ABOUT NHL GAMECENTER LIVE, THE NHL NEWSLETTER, AND SPECIAL OFFERS FROM THE NHL, ITS AFFILIATES, AND MEMBER TEAMS."

I selected 'no' and saved. When I went back in, it was 'yes' again. Not sure if that's a universal glitch or Yahoo sneakily set it up that way. Either way, please fix it and reply on this thread that it's done.

Thanks.

143rd ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey B, thanks very much for reporting this. Our engineering team is working to resolve and should have this resolved shortly.

Yahoo Product Support

20. Dark Mode

Make a Dark Mode for your website.

205th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base