Skip to content

New Mail

Welcome to our Yahoo Mail feedback forum! This is a place for you to help shape the new Yahoo Mail experience. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to your Yahoo Mail.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please visit our help site.
  3. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

448 results found

1. We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

5 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. all my mail is going into trash.. It's not filters. and no one will help unless I pay for pro.. what a scam!

all my mail is going into trash.. It's not filters. and no one will help unless I pay for pro.. what a scam

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there,

If you are certain the rules in your filters are not causing this, please change your password immediately. This will secure your account and ensure hackers are not downloading your mail as it arrives and sending it to thrash. Please see the following article on securing your account:
    https://help.yahoo.com/kb/sln2090.html

If you have secured your account and you find your mail is still going directly to Trash, please review the POP settings of any Third party email clients you may be using, such as Outlook or Mac Mail. Certain settings may see your mail deleted on the Yahoo side it when it’s downloaded on the client side. You may need to review these settings via the third party client support site.

Please note that this is a feedback forum, so our ability to provide support for issues such as this is limited. A far better channel for you to…

3. Fix the app/two step verification. Repeatedly the codes provided did not work in the apps. OVER AND OVER. Might be time to leave Yahoo

I’ve been trying to log in repeatedly on my iPad IN THE APP. I’ve used text to phone and code sent to third-party email address and nothing works. I must have tried a dozen times. I’m finding the experience very frustrating.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Responded  ·  1 comment  ·  Settings  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Get rid of the sign in key garbage.

Get rid of this blasted sign in key it's stupid to have to use my phone to be able to get into my account on my pc I hate it and I know others do too. I have asked you to remove it from my account so I can get back into my email like it used to be but obviously you people are to stupid to do as a user ask what **** part of I hate this do you not understand and please put things back the way they were. I don't see how that is so hard…

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Filters do not work very often.

The filters do not work very often. I have created multiple versions for some emails and they still keep showing up in my inbox. Even ones I created a long time ago only work occasionally. Why is this so hard?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Responded  ·  Product Support responded

Often times, filters won’t work because they are too specific, or too broad. Double check your filter parameters to make sure you aren’t being too precise or too vague.

Also, keep in mind that filters work on position: filters at the top of the list will take priority over lower ones. Our Spam filters also override any filters on the account, so if something is deemed to be Spam, it will ignore filters on the account and go there.

https://help.yahoo.com/kb/SLN15994.html

Thank you!
    Mail Support

6. The option to return to classic mail does not work, how bout FIXING it

A box is displayed to switch or cancel effort, however, only the cancel option is active

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Settings  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there,

In order to switchback, you must first enter some text in the feedback box. This is to help us better understand why you’d like to switchback. Once you enter text (it can even be jobberish if you don’t want to specify, the switchback button will be activated.

Note also that you can sort by sender in New Mail, but you must first turn off conversations. Once you turn of conversations, the “Sender” option will appear under the Sort dropdown.
    This help page explains how to disable conversations:

https://help.yahoo.com/kb/new-mail/sln28055.html

Thanks,
    Mail Support

7. Dear Yahoo Family, All of my emails have disappeared from my inbox. Please help, I have lots of important emails that I need to reference

Dear Yahoo Family,

All of my emails have disappeared from my inbox.

Please help, I have lots of important emails that I need to reference right now.

I haven't deleted them by accident, they have just disappeared!

Urgently restore all my mails.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Yahoo Mail Plus lets you block up to 500 domains while your subscription is active. Block domains by using the Settings view in Yahoo Mail. Once you block a domain you will also be unsubscribed from the brand.

9. Forgotten to change phone number but won't let me change it.

I would like to change my phone number but it won't let me. It won't allow to change it, because I don't have the old number anymore and had forgotten to change it before I lost the old number.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Cannot block spam because your block changes the spam email address and inserts a % instead of @. No quality control at Yahoo.

Cannot block spam because your block changes the spam email address and inserts a % instead of @. No quality control at Yahoo.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Currently, you can’t block domains in New Mail. Since spammers use so many different addresses to send junk, it’s best to mark these emails as Spam rather than trying to block every domain. This helps our system block these emails better in the future.

Our Spam filters override any filters on the account, so if something is deemed to be Spam, it will ignore filters and blocked addresses on the account and go there.

Thank you!
    Mail Support

12. Help me out here, My password was phished and getting clear instructions to change my password is impossible to find.

Why do you hide info to change password. When will you learn? I guess you feel compromised accounts is just a feature of the platform!

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Stopping **** invites from yahoo groups

I keep getting invites from Yahoo Groups that are clearly **** related. I have changed the settings on my Yahoo Groups to never receive email invitations, and put a filter or "yahoogroups.com" to put them straight into my spam folder but they still come through. What the *, Yahoo? Stop allowing * to be emailed to me though one of your products!

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Cannot create disposable email address BASE NAME for domain .co.in

Users with domains other than .com are unable to create a disposable email address BASE NAME. It keeps on saying not available for n number of suggestions which come up. Any of which you click will return back as not available.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Disposable addresses

Recently I have tried to add disposable addresses to my account. However the account software has changed my default email address from pns2sw-??.co.uk to pns2sw-??.com. If I use that then when I try to send a mail to that address it does not appear in my in box. I would like to return to using the .co.uk address, but I cannot find a way to do this.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We no longer offer location-specific domains. All new addresses, including disposables, are created as .com.

Thank you!
    Mail Support

18. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. cox.net

Cox has moved all its email services to Yahoo which could be a great thing. My main issue is that now the only way I can get my emails from all 6 of my Cox addresses in one inbox is blocked because I don’t want to pay 5 dollars for each account so that I can forward them to one in box at Yahoo.com that I have used for a few years now (which may not be possible anyway due to cox.net address). I don’t mind paying the five dollars a month for the original Yahoo account to take advantage…

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. PLEASE allow to restore the interface to English, and left-to-right writing!!! The NEW geography-based settings are HORRIBLE!!

I live in an RTL language country - Hebrew, Arabic, etc. PLEASE PLEASE allow to restore the interface to English, and left-to-right writing!!

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi, we'd like to hear more about this issue. Could you please contact us at help.yahoo.com so we can look into it? We're also available on X (former Twitter) @YahooCare.

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base