Skip to content

New Mail

Welcome to our Yahoo Mail feedback forum! This is a place for you to help shape the new Yahoo Mail experience. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to your Yahoo Mail.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please visit our help site.
  3. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

448 results found

1. CHANGE INBOX FONT

CHANGE INBOX FONT

The new font for the desktop version of the inbox and reading emails is too small, too skinny, and is an eyesore. Either the font needs to be changed or you should have the ability in settings to change the font to something easier to read. Currently, you are only allowed to change your font in the mail you compose. You should be able to change the font in how you see and read emails as well.

Side note: this feedback forum is using the same or similar font, and it is just as annoying and hard…

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Responded  ·  2 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. I don't want to be notified when I have mail.

Why can I not turn off notifications? I'll look at my mail when I want to. It is my secondary email only.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there. 

You can turn off notifications in Yahoo Mail. 

Click the Settings icon | click More Settings .

1. Click Notifications.
    2. Toggle Desktop notifications OFF

If you need help, please contact us on X/Twitter at @YahooCare or on Facebook at our Yahoo Customer Care page. If you do not have a social media account, we are available at help.yahoo.com through the ''Contact us'' link. 

Thank you, 

Yahoo team

3. blocking unwanted emails

I recently provided my email address as part of a consumer response, and now I find my email is being routinely spammed daily by fictitious email addresses. These emails are coming from addresses where a valid email address has been hijacked, and the "new" user has simply placed an additional part in the address. Such as Joe.Blow@vresp##.amazon.com or Donotrespond@vmail##.infonet.net. Can you restore the use of the * as a wildcard identifier so I don't have to individually block all these? As in @vresp.. or @vmail... This used to work, but it is no longer recognized…

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there,

Thank you for the feedback. We will that this into consideration on future updates,

In the mean time I would suggest mark these emails as “spam.” This will tell our internal filters to block then before they arrive.

Yahoo Product Support

4. how about letting us BLOCK domain's

how about letting us BLOCK domain's like "eadmitberry.com" instead of the whole email address of "newletter@eadmitberry.com"

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Settings  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Is there a setting to notify me when a recipient opens an email?

Is there a setting to notify me when a recipient opens an email?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Deleting email alias not working.

Clicking "Remove alias" is broken, it just closes the modal. Refreshing shows the alias not deleted. No error message no nothing, just closes.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I HATE this (yahoo) mail with a passion... no matter WHAT I do EVERYTIME I have to get a key in order to sign in. WHAT DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAN

STOP ASKING ME TO GET A KEY EVERYTIME I WANT TO CHECK MY EMAILS ....ENOUGH JUST STOP...I HATE THIS (YAHOO) MAIL. WHY DO I NEED TO SIGNIN EVERY TIME . I have asked to remain signed in (as it's MY computer) RECOGNIZE ME ALREADY & STOP insisting I "get a key" to sign in

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. "blocked addresses" in "Security and Privacy" settings got lost after op in spam folder

In spam folder, there is an option to block senders after selecting all the spams. But previous saved blocked addresses is gone after the operation.

That is, the previous blocked addresses are all discarded, there are only the newly added ones.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Responded  ·  Product Support responded

Emails in the Spam folder are not affected by the Blocked Addresses filter. Once an email is classified as Spam, it will go there regardless of any settings on the account. Our Spam filters take precedence.

Thank you!
    Mail Support

9. Incorrect Personal Information

The date of birth on my account is incorrect. Kindly provide a means so that it can be edited. It would be nice if I can be contacted for this to be edited to reflect my correct date of birth.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

For security reasons, it isn’t possible to update or change the date of birth listed on your Yahoo account, even if you entered it incorrectly when you first registered your account. You’ll need to open a new account if you’d like your account to reflect your accurate info.

Thank you!
    Mail Support

10. Adjusting screen size / percent image size should be added to the end user toolbar.

Adjusting screen size / percent image size should be added to the end user toolbar, as well as the "undo" button, and the "re-do" button.

Are the YAHOO software developers reading these recommendations ?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The zoom setting is controlled by your web browser. Most browsers will indicate what percent zoom you are up in the address bar.

You can user the keyboard commands to Undo/Redo typing, CTRL+Z and CTRL+Y, respectively, depending on your device.

Thank you!
    Mail Support

11. Stop making changes that force things on people

Block addresses no longer works and viewing raw messages only works if you open the email. The whole point to viewing the raw message is to track who the email is coming from WITHOUT OPENING IT!! If it is spam than the spammer knows you opened the email. HOW CAN YOU IMPROVE? Stop forcing things on people!!! As you can see by all the feedback, few people wanted these changes you have imposed against the will of the people.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there,

To view the raw message without opening the mail, check the box next to the message you wish to view, then click on the ellipsis (three dots) at the top of the message plane (next to “Spam”. From the dropdown menu, select “View raw message”.

Thanks,
    Mail Product Support

12. Allow me to change the FONT SIZE - Google does it! And not only for composing new mail, but for all the screens in Yahoo Mail.

Allow me to change the FONT SIZE - If Google can do it, why can't you?! And not only for composing new mail, but for all the screens in Yahoo Mail

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can increase the font size of everything on the screen by zooming in on your web browser. Hold down the CTRL key and press the + key at the same time. You can change the composing font size either from the Compose window or the default size from your Mail settings.

Thank you!
    Mail Support

13. THE CITIES YOU SHOW FOR THE NEAREST TIME ZONE LOCATIONS ARE OVER 1,000 MILES FROM ME. i LIVE IN THE SOUTH, BUT i NEVER SAW A CITY NEAR ME.

WHY ARE NO SOUTHERN CITIES LISTED TO CHOOSE FROM WHEN SETTING MY TIME ZONE? i LIVE IN THE SOUTH, AND THE CLOSEST CITY FOR ME TO CHOOSE FROM WAS IN CALIFORNIA, WHICH IS NOT IN MY EASTERN STANDARD TIME ZONE. i DON'T UNDERSTAND THIS. THE CLOSEST BIG CITIES NEAR ME FOR EASTERN STANDARD TIME, ARE ATLANTA, GA. AND KNOXVILLE, TN. PLEASE EXPLAIN. THANK YOU.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. forwarding rules

rules and forwarding
    I just found out that I can't forward my emails based on criteria such as works in the subject or who sent an email. Hotmail, Gmail, and other providers have had this for a decade.

Yahoo always seems to lag behind.

My current options are to forward all the emails or none of them.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Responded  ·  2 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Make Increasing the font size when reading an email EASY TO FIND. I have not found it yet & I've read multiple help on this topic. UPDATE!

Make Increasing the font size when reading an email EASY TO FIND. I have not found it yet & I've read multiple help on this topic. KEEP YOUR HELP current, Update it WITH the release of the new Yahoo Email program. BUT KEEP this HELP in an EASY place to find, right UP FRONT would be best for people having difficulty seeing ALSO make it LARGER than other help!

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Responded  ·  1 comment  ·  Settings  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Bring back generate app passwords

The generate app passwords feature has been disabled. This means I cannot add my Yahoo mail account to Outlook desktop on my new PC.

I have been a loyal customer of yours for decades. Treating customers like this is appalling.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. Due to some recent changes designed to improve the safety of our platforms and member privacy, we’ve made the process to create App Specific Passwords more secure. This can result in some difficulty when trying to set up an ASP from a new device. Please ensure that you try creating an app password without using an Incognito browser and use a browser where you have signed into that account in the past, for at least a couple of days. If this is not successful, there may not be a workaround; as we don't know if or when this feature will be available, we encourage you to use Webmail or the Yahoo Mail app to access your email. We’ll share the feedback on how this experience has been for you internally. Thanks again for letting us know.

17. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Responded  ·  1 comment  ·  Settings  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. stop making me confirm access on my phone

Please stop making me use my phone in order ot access email on my computer. I don't have my phone with me all the time so you basically make me unable to check my own email. If you don't fix this I will have to change my primary email to my gmail...so I can actually USE it.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there,

If there’s something unusual about your sign in or recent activity, we’ll ask you to go through another verification step after you’ve entered the correct password. This helps protect your account from unauthorized access. You may be prompted to get an Account Key verification code on your Yahoo app, recovery phone number, or recovery email address for any of the following reasons:

- Yahoo notices suspicious account activity
    - You’re using an unfamiliar browser or device
    - You’re traveling away from your usual location
    - You sign in while using a VPN or a proxy server
    - You’ve logged in with a private or incognito window
    - There are many attempts to sign in with incorrect passwords
    - The “First time signing in from this device” message appears
    - You’ve cleared your browser history or data cache including cookies

It is possible to turn off the Account Key…

19. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. where is the settings menu

where is the settings menu

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there,

You’ll find the settings menu in the upper right corner of the screen. Note, depending on your screen resolution, you may need to scroll horizontally right to see it.

Thanks!
    Mail Support

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base