New Mail

Welcome to our Yahoo Mail feedback forum! This is a place for you to help shape the new Yahoo Mail experience. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to your Yahoo Mail.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please visit our help site.
  3. For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.
  4. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Attachments are not downloading

i am not able to download my file from yahoo mail. I am using this on Macbook pro & browser is safari & chrome.
    I forward my mails to my gmail id then i get may attachments download.
    Try to solve this issue ...

4th ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1285 comments  ·  Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Under review  ·  Product Support responded

Our engineer team is currently investigating this issue. Thank you for the additional information provided.

Thank you!
    Mail Support

2. EACH NEW ADD CAUSES A BLANK BROWSER PAGE TO OPEN! THIS MUST STOP!!!

Each time a new add opens to the right of my e-mails, a new blank browser page opens. I have to close the new page (which closes the add), and within a second or less, another new add pops open, which causes yet another blank browser page to open, which I have to close. This has happened as many as 12 times within a 10 second period, which is very disruptive! There has to be a way to put a stop to this! If Yahoo is going to make money by posting adds, they also need to support those who…

467th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

22 comments  ·  Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Stop messing with the mail. It worked before and now it doesn't half the time.

Return to the previous Yahoo Mail format. You have screwed everything about mail up. Half the time, I get error messages whenever I try to the log in screen. Lots of times, individual mails don't load when clicked. Lots of times, Yahoo says it can't delete a message, after I have read it and chosen to delete it.

If you don't know what you're doing, find someone who does know.

34th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  15 comments  ·  Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Disposable addresses broken

Not sure where to post - today did not receive any of my news emails, although my main account is working fine, the disposable email addresses that have worked for the past years are not coming through today. Sent a test email to one of these disposable email addresses for my yahoo.co.za account - failed with "This user does not have a yahoo.co.za account". Tried with my older yahoo.co.in disposable email addresses, these also fail and again the main yahoo.co.in account works.

715th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Annoying .....

The unsubscribe doesn't work at yahoo mail.. Will not send the request to unsubscribe .. Be nice if just one you tested new ideas before you force us all to switch over to something we didn't want or need in the first place .. There was absolutely nothing wrong with the old Yahoo Mail ..One again yahoo has managed to annoy its subscribers ..

37th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  32 comments  ·  Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. DisposableEmailAddresses

Hi, I have been using 'Disposable Email Addresses' feature within my Yahoo mail account for many years. In fact, that is the #1 reason why I continue to make Yahoo my primary email account. For the past 10+ hours, mails sent to any of my Disposable Addresses are bouncing back to sender with error message [554: delivery error: dd Requested mail action aborted, user suspended or mailbox not found - mta4461.mail.ne1.yahoo.com]. My main email account itself is working OK so I'm sure that my Yahoo user account has NOT been suspended. Please fix the Disposable Email Addresses issues quickly because…

944th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. The New Yahoo email is not efficient in attach/share large file compare to classic yahoo mail.

Classic yahoo mail is the best. Do not keep asking change to new yahoo mail since there is no option for attach large files. Please update the new yahoo mail ASAP to have an option for attach/share large files from cloud providers.

512th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. disposable email address not working

I created about 10 disposable email address, every thing worked well for a week, but after that No one was able to send me emails on the disposable email address. I tried it myself and got the following error message - 554 delivery error: dd This user doesn't have a yahoo.com account (notifysumit-sirion@yahoo.com) [-9] - mta4182.mail.bf1.yahoo.com

1100th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  3 comments  ·  Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. 124th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  17 comments  ·  Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. separate delete and Spam buttons

separate the DELETE and SPAM buttons at top of mails, or better make SPAM a right click option. it is too easy to mark an item as SPAM accidentally and be deleted from a senders mailing list even though i requested to be on it.

860th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. When will the "Not Spam" button be fixed?

Work emails keep going into spam.
    I keep marking them as not spam.
    I have a filter for it to go into the right folder.
    They keep going into spam AFTER I mark them as NOT SPAM.

When will this be fixed?

664th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Revise Multifactor Authentication security for Yahoo! mail (I detected an issue with mail)

As is commonly known, phone numbers are recycled after their allotted usage. This means that when a user's phone enters recycling, their authentication number is recycled back into use.

This presents a significant security flaw. When a user's phone enters recycling, their authentication number is recycled back into use.

Since Yahoo! does not require a user to know an email address to recover an account but only a phone number, this presents a significant security flaw.

The new buyer of an old phone number can login to Yahoo! mail, type the phone number and access the email of the previous…

537th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Accounts can require either a phone number or alternate email address on the account to recover it online, depending on what is set up.

Yahoo does deactivate accounts that aren’t accessed in 12 months for inactivity. In this state, they can’t be reactivated.

We’ll bring up your feedback with our team.

13. This sucks

I did not want to go to the new mail. I can not find my archive folder. The icon to switch to the new mail covered over my folders so now I have the new mail with the feed back covering the folders. This is totally messed up.

134th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Microsoft Edge - Unsupported Browser

I am getting an "Unsupported Browser" warning while using the Microsoft Edge browser.

As far as I know, I should have the latest version of the Edge browser.
    Version 25.10586.672.0.

Does this mean that Microsoft Edge is not a supported browser?

121st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. I think it's ridiculous that you have no way to speak to a human if problems arise

how about restoring a human connection if issues arise. after having THAT WAS THE PROBLEM! having no alternative is ridiculous.

574th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. 1311th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. 574th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  4 comments  ·  Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. spam mail NOT in the English Language, so my inbox email go to spam in Chinese

Don't change my primary reading language !!!! it's English ONLY nothing else.....

1733rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. the first email can't be displayed

Despite many of the similar ideas have been closed, I still can't see the first email in my inbox. I have to open the second email and go back to the first email in order to read the first email. Please fix it asap!

146th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  4 comments  ·  Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. why is the heading so wide? it's taking up too much space! how do I make it smaller?

why is the heading so wide? it's taking up too much space! how do I make it smaller?

1100th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base