New Mail

Welcome to our Yahoo Mail feedback forum! This is a place for you to help shape the new Yahoo Mail experience. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to your Yahoo Mail.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please visit our help site.
  3. For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.
  4. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. editing contacts

WHY ON EARTH DID YOU REMOVE THE EDIT CONTACTS BUTTON?!! I don't want emails going to the WRONG email address because of duplicate names!! WHAT THE **** YAHOO?!!

Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

23 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Responded  ·  Product Support responded

In order to edit a contact, click on the Contacts option on the right side of the email screen and, once the list appears, select a contact then click on the 3 dots that appear next to Details (under the Settings option) and select Edit from the drop-down menu.

2. access contacts

I need to delete contacts that are no longer valid. There is no way to access the contact list. How about making contacts easy to find and change

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

To access your contact lists:

- Click on the contacts icon in the upper right ( just to the right of sort)
    - From there you will be take to all of your contacts.
    - Click on lists to access your lists
    - From the list named click on the down arrow to the right to switch which list you are viewing
    - Click Edit to modify the list.
    - Click the x to remove someone from a list
    - To add someone type in their name or email address under Add Contacts.

Thank you!
    Product Support

3. I need to know how to delete contacts in my list

My list of contacts won't come up after clicking on list. Many friends have died. and I'd like to remove them from the list. How? Please send info on clearing out the list of contacts.

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Please follow the steps here to delete contacts:
    1. From Yahoo Mail, click the Contacts icon
    2. Click on the contact’s name.
    3. Click the More options icon then Delete contact.
    4. Click OK to confirm you want the contact deleted.

4. Slow

it's very slow than gmail.

Signed in as (Sign out)

68 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. There is a problem I can not add new contacts manually in yahoo mail. Is there a solution

I am unable to add new contacts in yahoo mail manually, is there a fix for this problem. ......thanks

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. I have 2 yahoo email accounts, but don't see email id's from one available in the other. Would be nice.

I have 2 yahoo email accounts, but don't see email id's from one available in the other :(. Would be nice.

Signed in as (Sign out)

Responded  ·  0 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Importing Contact lists

According to Shirley of Yahoo Customer Care, Yahoo email no longer has the ability to import contacts from another Yahoo email account. Yet, except for Shirley, no one in the computer industry seems to know this. She is right, by the way, because I spent over 7 hours with Geek Squad and even Yahoo customer support techies who believed they could do it but couldn't help me out. The reason why they all thought that it could still be done is because the instructions on how to do it are still in the Help sections of Yahoo and Google.
    Yahoo:…

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello there,

The option to import contacts is available. To import, please click on the Contacts icon from the right side of the Yahoo Mail page, click the 3 dots menu, click Import then select Yahoo and sign in to the account you want to import contacts from.

8. Contact Groups in iOS

I was informed that contact groups I set up in my yahoo email are not accessible on either the mobile site or in the iOS app. The chat support person told me that those were meant for "on the go mailing experience." I'm not sure about you, but if I hope to be efficient I need my on the go experience to be pretty similar to my sit at a desk experience. I spent a good deal of time setting up contact lists, only to find I can never use them when emailing from my phone or tablet. What a…

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello there,

You should be able to select contacts to send emails to from your mobile devices, when you tap on the ’’To’’ field in the compose window. Type the name of the contact or group and it should auto-populate.

9. Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Correcting the problem of deleting business contacts

Duplicate contacts in a very large quantity. I see that they are business related and can not be deleted by users. When the numbers are well in the thousands than this is an annoyance and grabbing up of space that is abusive. I am for one am not paying to be abused by abusive business company for the purpose of robbing my personal data and more in order to sell it to someone else without my permission. I do not have a fix for this nor do I have any experience on how to fix it. I am just screwed.

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Give me back my contacts list!!

Like hundreds of others I cant find my contacts list. I note that as yet there is no answer from you regarding this. I think I may have to get another mail service if you cannot provide an answer,or are silly enough to remove this much needed facility. .

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Try clearing the browser cache and cookies. If the issue persists, please try using a different browser.

15. syncing between windows pc's

Is there any way to sync my yahoo contacts list between my windows10 pc to my windows10 laptop? If not why not?

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. I don't want my personal info on auto-generated cards!

I don't want my phone number which I did not give permission to show up in the auto-generated cards. I don't give my phone number to everyone and now it's part of the email is very wrong. Also I want the classic yahoo format back!!!

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Responded  ·  1 comment  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Remove unwanted contacts from email

There needs to be a way to remove unwanted email addresses from my contacts list. I have a dozen that are either from junk email addresses or they're people I emailed stuff once or twice to but I have no desire to have them in my contacts.

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Adding a new contact is FING rediculous! Get a clue!

Adding a new contact is FING rediculous! Get a clue!

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base