New Mail

Welcome to our Yahoo Mail feedback forum! This is a place for you to help shape the new Yahoo Mail experience. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to your Yahoo Mail.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please visit our help site.
  3. For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.
  4. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

How can we improve New Mail?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. I absolute hate your new format. Too few emails are being displayed. Cannot find Contact list.

Show the contact list. I am not able to find it. Also you are displaying too few emails, on my laptop only five, cannot expand window. I have this new format. How do I go back to the old one?

5th ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

504 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi there,

Our engineers are working on incorporating Contacts into the new format. We appreciate your patience while we work on this.

In the meantime, you can access contacts by clicking on the icon on the upper right side (small icon made up of a rectangle with three small stacked squares). This will open Contacts in a new tab of your browser in the Classic Mail look. You can also access your contacts via https://contacts.yahoo.com.

Thank you!
    Mail Support

2. Add read and receive receipts for the senders

by adding a feature that you can review the status of an email by seeing who has received and read certain emails.

78th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  38 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Contacts should stay on the main mail page.

It's mail. I shouldn't have to open up a new browser tab.

17th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  53 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Where are the contacts?

Every time I try to access my contacts, the mail system opens a new window and takes me back to the old version of Yahoo. This is very annoying.

Also, something weird has been happening with my mail lists. I haven't changed a thing, but suddenly one of my longer list is missing about 30 addresses. I just tried to send out an email to one of my lists with about 10 people on it. Only 5 people actually received the email, despite me very carefully checking to see that I had clicked on the appropriate email list. Again, very…

8th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  416 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Option for adding new contacts

Yahoo should provide an option that enables you to tap on the email address of someone sending email, and adding this person to your contact list straight away. At the moment, I have to copy and paste (or write down) the email of the person sending an email, and then going into Contacts and manually add the person.

43rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  36 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. As in January, I am not able to edit my contact list and assign contacts to groups. Could you enable it and don't disable again? Thanks

As in January, I am not able to edit my contact list and assign contacts to groups. Could you enable it and don't disable again? Thanks

465th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  17 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 20th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  112 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 26th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  304 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. saving email address to contacts

Why can't I save new contacts from the email? I used to have an option to add the email to the contacts. A pop up would come up and I'd fill in the missing information. Why can't you fix that and bring it back?

230th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  13 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Put back the add contacts from the email.

It takes TOO MUCH TIME TO ADD ADDRESSES NOW.
    I have emails going to my trash folder and spam folder that should not be there.

11th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  253 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Contact History

When entering a contact name, the historical email address takes precedence over a correctly edited and saved contact email address. Also, there seems to be no way to delete that historical email address that is no longer wanted and should not be used.

42nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  30 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Bring Back Ability to Access and Edit Group Contact Lists

The group lists I created in my email contacts are no longer accessible. Yahoo Help chat told me the feature was removed. Please bring it back! I need to edit those lists and possibly create new ones.

420th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  7 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Add a contact from received message

Bring back the capability to add a new contact directly from a received message! It is ridiculous that you have to copy the email address, exit the email message, open up your contact list, and add a new contact! Why did you ever take away this function?!? Please bring back the drop down menu for accessing contact details when simply hovering your mouse over an email address!

510th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  5 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. 86th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  13 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Can't add sender's email address to contact list

Please retain the function of adding the new sender's email address to our contact list. Now only Yahoo mail can't do it compare to hotmail, outlook and gmail.

499th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. KEEP THE FORMER METHOD OF ADDING NEW CONTACTS

Keep The Former Method For Adding New Contacts
    It was easy to add new contacts when all I had to do was scroll over the new email address and click on Add Contact. A window opened with the name and email address already there. Yahoo Mail is starting to look more like Gmail. That is not an improvement. I receive emails from new people almost daily. Please keep the good features you had and make it better from there. When you discontinue a useful feature you are creating more work and inconvenience for the people who are using the tools…

493rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Unable to open contacts

Unable to open contacts.

207th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. sending emails to contacts in the contact list

Please put back the capability of going to an individual contact list. Then checking specific contacts in the contact list and sending one or multiple individuals in that contact list an email. Your current system of using the contact list is horrible. Additionally when I remove a contact from the contact list. I do not want to continually see the old email address that was removed every time I sent that individual an email. It is confusing and causes you to have to verify the correct email address. Thank You.

402nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  5 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. When I send a message to a new email address let me add them to my contacts with a tick box.

When I send a message to a new email address let me add them to my contacts with a tick box. This will let me add them to existing mailing lists.

382nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. get rid of deleted contacts as suggestions

Once I delete a contact PLEASE don't let it be a popup suggestion when I am typing in names! Contacts that have changed emails and no longer use old ones are still popping up which means that I have to send to multiple contacts to make sure that I reach just 1 person, and then I received a bunch of error messages when those emails bounce back to me. GET RID OF DELETED CONTACT SUGGESTIONS!!

119th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 6
  • Don't see your idea?

New Mail

Feedback and Knowledge Base