New Mail

Welcome to our Yahoo Mail feedback forum! This is a place for you to help shape the new Yahoo Mail experience. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to your Yahoo Mail.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please visit our community support forum or find answers on our help site.
  3. For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.
  4. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

How can we improve New Mail?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. I absolute hate your new format. Too few emails are being displayed. Cannot find Contact list.

Show the contact list. I am not able to find it. Also you are displaying too few emails, on my laptop only five, cannot expand window. I have this new format. How do I go back to the old one?

6th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

479 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi there,

Our engineers are working on incorporating Contacts into the new format. We appreciate your patience while we work on this.

In the meantime, you can access contacts by clicking on the icon on the upper right side (small icon made up of a rectangle with three small stacked squares). This will open Contacts in a new tab of your browser in the Classic Mail look. You can also access your contacts via https://contacts.yahoo.com.

Thank you!
    Mail Support

2. physical addresses

Return physical addresses for contacts. My contacts' physical addresses disappeared since I last used them to mail Christmas cards in 2017.

553rd ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Where are my distribution lists with new Contacts layout?

I Like the new contact list on the right side but where are my distribution lists? Don't see them listed. Only have "Top", "People", and "Business"

649th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Where are my group contact folders? I like the idea of contact on your right, however bring back the group folder contact.

Please bring back the Group mailing folders. Lost all my email contact group folders, or selected group mailing folders.

1150th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. I have not receiving the mails from mcaadm@mca.gov.in from November month. kindly check as those are important official mails

I have not receiving the mails from mcaadm@mca.gov.in from November month. kindly check as those are important official mails

1150th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. contacts in yahoo mail app

In your next update, bring back the contacts. When I touch the word InBox I used to then go to people and then was able to show contacts. I wrote to Help/Support and they suggested i post this here. When I try to see my contacts in the app, it takes me to my sent mail. Also, there are contacts in my email that I never send mail to and I used to be able to delete these select contacts.

649th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Bring Back Ability to Access and Edit Group Contact Lists

The group lists I created in my email contacts are no longer accessible. Yahoo Help chat told me the feature was removed. Please bring it back! I need to edit those lists and possibly create new ones.

1150th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Exporting groups contacts.

My idea is to be able to export the group saved to another email. I know you can export emails but it's annoying to start over and figure out who is in the group and recreate that group. Can you also add a feature to export the group.

1150th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Is there a way to change your DOB?

How can I change my DOB as its incorrect?

1150th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. i dont recive emails to com or co.uk

I have an email address but it end yahoo.com why cant it also recive emails from yahoo.co.uk?

1150th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. When receiving emails in the past I could right click and chose an option to add the sender to my contact list. Need that back please

When receiving emails in the past I could right click to add the sender to my contact list- can’t do that now.Need it back please p

1150th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Moving the 'contacts' icon from the left hand side to the right hand is a real technological improvement. Keep up the good work of fixing s

Moving the 'contacts' icon from the left hand side to the right hand is a real technological improvement. Keep up the good work of fixing stuff that isn't wrong. (You've been taking lessons from microsloth is my guess).

1150th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Entering contacts while composing

When clicking on "To: " while composing, contacts should come up SORTED. Exactly the same as that under the Contacts button.

1150th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. The idea to ask me "to customize my mail box" is wrong

I have already done it recently and do not want to see same message over and over. Please, do not do it!

1150th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 1150th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 1150th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Bring our contacts back as they were so we can email more than one contact at a time!

Bring our Contacts back as they were so we can email more than one
    contact at a time! If it wasn't broken don't fix it!!!!!!!!!!!
    Ella Nora

1150th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Sort contacts by date added

Add the ability to manage contacts by date added. This will allow for easy way to delete old ones. I, for example, added thousands of contacts years ago when importing some business related contacts. I have no need for these contacts now. With this feature, people will be able to clean up their contacts easier and make it better in creating lists.

1150th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 1150th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Add read and receive receipts for the senders

by adding a feature that you can review the status of an email by seeing who has received and read certain emails.

93rd ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  23 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7
  • Don't see your idea?

New Mail

Feedback and Knowledge Base