Skip to content

New Mail



Welcome to our Yahoo Mail feedback forum! This is a place for you to provide feedback on Desktop for Yahoo Mail. 
We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum.


**Please do NOT post about the newly designed Yahoo Desktop. It will be deleted. Instead post it here: https://yahoo.uservoice.com/forums/962180-new-yahoo-mail


**Please do NOT post about Account, Password, or Login Issues here. It will be deleted. Please contact our Customer Care team at help.yahoo.com. 

Thank you! 💜
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

123 results found

  1. Make changing password easier

    Why is it always so difficult to change a password? Make it easier, please.

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →
  2. New format for mail

    The new Yahoo Mail format is horrible and unusable. Looks like a high school web scripting class gone astray.

    Please bring the original mail format back as an option.

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →
  3. allow user to opt out of 3-step process and let us simply chose a 1-step process to move an email to a specific folder. same with choosing t

    allow user to opt out of 3-step process and let us simply chose a 1-step process to move an email to a specific folder. same with choosing the order of email listings...

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →
  4. Size of the attachment

    Unfortunately,it seems impossiblle to know the size of an email (especially the ones with attachments). Thus it is difficult to free up space in the mailbow (ie: in order to delete the emails with heavy attachments). Is there a way to add this feature ? This is available in outlook mailboxes for example. Thank you.

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →
  5. Right sidebar

    The sidebar to the right of Yahoo mail is extremely annoying. It takes up a huge portion of the screen, and I don't use it anyway. Please have an option to turn it off and on.

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →
  6. Seeing and sorting by date

    I used to be able to see and sort my emails by date....I no longer can...I want that functionality restored

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →
  7. WHY WON'T THE MESSAGE SUMMARIES TURN OFF?? IS THIS A DICTATORSHIP?!?

    WHY WON'T THE MESSAGE SUMMARIES TURN OFF?? IS THIS A DICTATORSHIP?!?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →
  8. 0

    You've put me through an incredible ordeal! You're unacceptable! I have a Yahoo account, and I have to log in with just a password. First of all, it doesn’t work! The code can be sent to another Google account I have, which isn’t always convenient, but when I select my cell phone, it never sends me a code! I’m wasting a lot of time on something that should take just seconds! Shame on you! Instead of helping me, you’re making my life difficult! Find a solution! I demand it!

    Alexandra Rizaki

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →
  9. delete ad pane - its way to large on the desktop making emails hard to read

    In the current version, there is not an option to minimize the ad pane on the right side of the screen unlike the space between the email list and the actual email. I have talked to tech support about this and the icons are not there. Also, the scroll bar at the bottom of the email summary keeps appearing and disappearing. Yesterday it wasn't there or needed as the email was condensed so you didn't need scroll back and forth to actually read the email. Today it's back and you have to scroll left and right to read the email

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →
  10. Feedback - New Mail functionality is not good. It wastes my time and frustrates me.

    I wish I could select several of the items in the drop-down menu RE: How can we improve New Mail. I used to be able to select multiple messages (mostly spam - please fix that noise) with a single click and delete them quickly in one fell swoop. Now I have to click each one twice, the app is slow to respond to both clicks, and then pray that an ad doesn’t pop up because that wipes out every single checkbox for the multiple emails I really want gone from my inbox. Let’s digress - how is all that spam…

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →
  11. Cannot close out emails

    In the new Yahoo Mail, the "x" button on the top right of each email to actually close out an email and go back to an empty/clean screen is gone, which is a small thing, but really annoying since I'm used to being able to close out of an email in the older version and not have it staring me in the face.

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →
  12. Improve my offering the option of returning to the previous, obvious, uncomplicated format

    The new, "improved" yahoo email is horrible! I miss some emails because not "ALL" show up when I go into my mailbox. I don't need colorful initials to identify my incoming mail. I also don't need AI summaries of my email, as I am capable of reading and interpreting them myself...even at age 75.

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →

    We encourage you to read at the top of the Uservoice header (forum). There we provide What’s New, Coming Soon and some Tips. There we mention how to disable Inbox Categories: All, Priority, etc. Definitely read those as we update them with useful information. Thanks.

  13. icons

    Please add back the icons for forwarded or replied, they are missing from the view. Also undo action would be very helpful.

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →
  14. Where is the search option on the new yahoo mail app for android versioin 7.73.1.1872780

    There is no search option on the new yahoo mail app for android versioin 7.73.1.1872780

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →
  15. We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →
  16. More Sorting Capabilities

    It would make sense to select "Unread" emails, then Sort by Sender. Also, I mentioned several times over the years that you should also be able to sort Sent items by To/Recipient.

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →
  17. Please add a "Mark as unread" button

    Can you please add a button for "Mark as unread" instead of us having to click the three dots every single time? It's EXTREMELY ANNOYING. Thank you so much :)

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →
  18. so complicated

    **** unable unblock spam emails canot find anything i will switch to gmail

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →
  19. STOP the RIGHT WING ADVERTISING

    Your right wing advertisements from Hillsdale college are quite offensive. I wish you would STOP showing them to me.

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →
  20. Not intuitive

    I find the current interface difficult to adapt to. It is not as intuitive as the previous version, and I often have trouble finding settings, folders, and features that were easier to access before. The new layout requires more time and effort to perform simple tasks, which affects my daily use of Yahoo Mail.
    For these reasons, I would greatly appreciate option to switch back to the older interface on my account.

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?