New Mail

Welcome to our Yahoo Mail feedback forum! This is a place for you to help shape the new Yahoo Mail experience. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to your Yahoo Mail.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please visit our help site.
  3. For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.
  4. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

How can we improve New Mail?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. S T O P changing the layout of yahoo email !!!! Change for the sake of change is NOT good and serves no purpose!

S T O P changing the layout of yahoo email !!!! Change for the sake of change is NOT good and serves no purpose! Change just to keep someone employed is STUPID!! LEAVE Yahoo ALONE *******!!!

18th ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering feedback  ·  90 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Too many popups

Stop with the popups after they are viewed one time. Thanks.

10th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  142 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Classic Mail is better -- please let us keep it

I have continued using Classic Mail for as long as I can because the overall look works so much better for me:

1. I can see more of my folders and emails on the screen. The list of folders on the left is more compact.
    2. "Smart Views" stays hidden -- I don't have to change it each time like I do with "Views" in the new Mail. (Disabling this altogether would be even better.)
    3. The tabs at the top take up less space.
    4. The themes are more pleasing, IMO.

Please consider keeping Classic Mail available for those…

170th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. How can I hide the right hand side column permanently?

I use the new Yahoo Mail web interface with "Right" side view message and the advertisement right hand side column pops up at every new email message view.
    Is yahoo so kind to make it go away permanently or they want us all to move over to gmail?

367th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  17 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. When I open an email and read down - it jumps back to the top all the time

Stop interfering when I am scrolling down and reading an email. The program keeps jumping me back to the top of the email.

15th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  233 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Advertising

Hello,

Using email via the website is an atrocious experience with all the advertising banners and ads masquerading as real inbox emails. I'm in disbelief as how this is even tolerable given the competition of Microsoft and Google. Fix the situation right now before you bleed all your subscribers. Remove the ads!

416th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  4 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. how can I make the pictures in my email visible?>

Yahoo sucks !
    how can I make the pictures in my email visible?>

773rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Please make the "mark as read" and the "delete" buttons side by side again.

Please make the "mark as read" and the "delete" buttons side by side again.

127th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Nooooo advertises please

Annoying irritating advertisement is the reason people are opting Gmail.

140th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  6 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. field separator lines

WHY is the "Delete" button all the way on the far right???

Keep it handy closer to the other message buttons. It's annoying to have to move that far for something that in the earlier verison of Yahoo was right in line with the other options and checkboxes.

1042nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Add back Online Search in the Search Box

Why! Why!!! don't you listen to your users.
    AND as many asked before, PLEASE add the Internet as a search option like before instead of JUST search our emails.

1042nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. navigation panel

1. The (left-sided) Navigation Panel top section should have the option to hide folders like ' Archived', ' Starred', 'Unread', or the one not in regular use.
    2. The 'Views' section should remain collapsed by default.

581st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. This is a piece of **** email service. go back to the classic one. Fire these ******** engineers of yours -- no wonder you guys are slow,

This new style is very slow -- even logging on to your survey mail it took 3 minutes or so. Please change before I switch to other service provider

Dean

you need to fire your 3rd world engineers working on this! Piece of **** email.

190th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. ARCHIVE BUCKET

WHY DID YOU HAVE TO PUT THE ARCHIVE BUCKET ON THE FAR LEFT, BEFORE THE DELETE BUCKET ICON....????
    Why not move the archive icon to the far right of the line because most people DO NOT ARCHIVE an email as a first option - they delete or move it THEN they MIGHT consider archiving it.
    MOVE-THE-ARCHIVE-BUCKET-ICON-please......!!!!

1042nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 598th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. send to self

1. why has it been set up so one cannot send to one's self?
    This SUCKS.
    2. Why is email sent to me say "me" instead of my name?
    That REALLY SUCKS.
    3. I am digging into other systems that make more sense.
    4. Why can I not respond or forward any email. I always have to go back to my old yahoo email.
    5. How can I get the old yahoo email to start instead of the new one?
    It is a waste of time having to switch to the old one in order to get anything done that…

239th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  6 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Move Message folder dropdown list has too much space

The dropdown folder list for the "Move" button has far too much space between folder names, and is too short vertically. I can see only 7 folders in the scrollable list; that space is wasted.

1042nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. please remove advertisement running on left side as it slows the mail reading

This advertisement on left side reduces mail reading screen and also slows the computers

678th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Please put the Archive,Move,Delete,and Spam functions back over to the left of the bar.

Please put the Archive,Move,Delete,and Spam functions back over to the left of the bar, as that is where I think people naturally go for these functions because their cursor is mostly over the left two columns. I do not use reply or forward that much, so I wouldn't mind that being to the right of the other functions. Thank you.

1042nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 172nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  9 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 6
  • Don't see your idea?

New Mail

Feedback and Knowledge Base