New Mail

Welcome to our Yahoo Mail feedback forum! This is a place for you to help shape the new Yahoo Mail experience. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to your Yahoo Mail.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please visit our community support forum or find answers on our help site.
  3. For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.
  4. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

How can we improve New Mail?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Keep boxes checked on selected emails even if I accidentally open an email so I don't have to start over.

It happens very regularly where I'll have over 40 messages selected for deletion and I accidentally miss the select box and open an email instead. While that's mildly annoying, it's very frustrating to start all over and have to select all of the messages again. I've read other submissions where people would like the check box bigger, but I would love if the boxes remained checked/selected after you back out of the email you accidentally opened.

553rd ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Basic to Full Featured Impossible

Moving from "Basic" mode to "Full Featured" mode is near impossible. Takes a PhD. I can't figure it out.

1143rd ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. I would love to see 'flag for follow-up' as an option for specific emails.

would like something similar to Outlook, Use Flags and Reminders in Outlook. Flagged email messages help you better manage your mail. Flagged messages create to-‐do items either for you alone or for you and the recipients of the email message. For example, you can flag an email message that requests information that you need by a certain date.

1143rd ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Keep check boxes checked after opening mail

Everytime I do this, I HATE Yahoo Mail a bit more each time. When are you going to fix this, it didn't do it with the last version. At least keep the same features when upgrading. When selecting multiple emails to delete, I sometimes accidentally open an email. When I return to the inbox - all of the previously checked emails are unchecked. Please keep them checked even if you open an email.

1143rd ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Why would you have the advertising on the right take you completely out of mail?

Why would you have the advertising on the right take you completely out of mail? You should open a new window for the product when clicked. I get the necessity of them being there, so I'm not complaining about that. I don't like the experience of having to click 'back' to get back to my email.

1143rd ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. I hate that the "delete" is so far to the middle

Order was much better in the old style, so I am switching back after this feedback... They should be right next to the reply and forward arrows: 1) Delete; 2) Spam; 3) Move; 4) Archive.

TiA!! =)

1143rd ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Search box is out of control

SEARCH has been working well, but lately it gets stuck. Sometimes a letter or word is STUCK in my Search box, and I CANNOT backspace over it or make it go away so I can do something else.
    I have to close Yahoo and sign in again. HELP!
    And thanks!

1143rd ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. how about navigating to the next message WITHOUT deleting the current one?

It's really annoying that the only options for moving to the next email in the inbox is either deleting the current one, or looking for the little tiny completely inconvenient arrows. And those aren't even included in the basic inbox, which is far superior to this new one. I know you're pretty new to this email thing, but how hard is it to make an interface that doesn't suck?

1143rd ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. moving emails to folders

i'm trying to move emails to folders from sent. it's never successful.

1143rd ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 1143rd ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. It should be easier to add social media accounts!

It should be easier to add social media accounts!

1143rd ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. automatically selected

When I am using the ctrl key to select multiple messages for deletion, it automatically selects a second message after I make my first choice, even though that message was not presently checked. Sometimes, this message isn't even on the same screen. Thus, I have probably unwittingly deleted some important emails. This is probably just a bug. I can't imagine why anyone would want this "feature."

1143rd ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. S T O P changing the layout of yahoo email !!!! Change for the sake of change is NOT good and serves no purpose!

S T O P changing the layout of yahoo email !!!! Change for the sake of change is NOT good and serves no purpose! Change just to keep someone employed is STUPID!! LEAVE Yahoo ALONE *******!!!

29th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  75 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Advertising

Hello,

Using email via the website is an atrocious experience with all the advertising banners and ads masquerading as real inbox emails. I'm in disbelief as how this is even tolerable given the competition of Microsoft and Google. Fix the situation right now before you bleed all your subscribers. Remove the ads!

438th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  4 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Return option to sign out from email app.

Removing the option to sign out from the email app is ridiculous and underhanded as it forces users to navigate to a page with poor quality news content to sign out. Even worse, this may pose a risk to security to those who may forget to sign out on account of not having a readily available sign out option, especially if their browsers do not sign them out upon exit.

478th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Too many popups

Stop with the popups after they are viewed one time. Thanks.

11th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  132 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. undo

Please do not put the undo button over the delete button. It is very annoying to have to click twice to delete an email. If I want to recover an email that I accidentally deleted, all I have to do is move it out of the trash.

645th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 645th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. keep accidentally clicking the search magnifying glass on each message in the list when i just want to open msg

in the email message list the search magnifying glass on each message in the message list is right in the middle so i keep accidentally clicking on it instead of just opening the message. bad design.

645th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Hate the background

HATE THE BACKGROUND, HATE THE SO SLOW SCROLLING, HATE THE TON OF SPAM, HATE THAT THE SCROLLING DOESN"T KEEP YOU AT THE MOST CURRENT MESSAGE

553rd ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7
  • Don't see your idea?

New Mail

Feedback and Knowledge Base