New Mail

Welcome to our Yahoo Mail feedback forum! This is a place for you to help shape the new Yahoo Mail experience. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to your Yahoo Mail.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please visit our help site.
  3. For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.
  4. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. After sending a reply to a message, Yahoo goes to the Inbox.

It should go back to the last opened message. Otherwise I have to scroll down to where I last left off.

10th ranked

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Optimise your login for Password Vaults.

Your current login process bounces between two screens. This disrupts most password vaults preventing them from automatically entering your username and password. Most other sites that wish to obscure the password box prior to the username entry do so using javascript.

This is enough of an annoyance that I often wonder do I really need to log in to check my email? The second that enters my mind, my Yahoo account was degraded from one of my two primary email accounts to just a secondary acount.

39th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. spam

With the location of the SPAM button I have found myself on several occastions trying to mark my mail as read and hitting the spam button by mistake. Maybe you can swap the location of these options or move the spam button farther away fromt he 3 dots

21st ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Why the heck do I suddenly have to sign in, enter passwords (which I'm constantly updating), enter CODES , etc, just to check email?

I'm not sure what changed, but I'm so frustrated, I've reset my password so many **** times, keep having to enter codes, etc. I just want to stay signed in. What the heck changed??

39th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Can't see all my email accounts when switching

I have over 4 yahoo accounts and when I want to switch between them and need to select a different one in the upper right hand corner of the page, all of them used to show up, so it was easy to click. Now i have to click "SEE ALL"? Why? There's plenty of vertical real estate to show all the mail accounts.

39th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. smart folder selection

Hi, I ve a lot of folders conainting emails mostly from the same people of comanies. Those folders has most of the time the name of the company or person. Could it be possible when I want to move a email from inbox to a folder the yahoo allready gives me a suggestion based on email adres. Yahoo could easly see in which folder I store emails from same domain.

39th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. How do I get rid of the trash you've added on the right-hand side of the screen?

There is now so much stuff on the mail UI that I have to scroll to the right to be able to scroll down. It makes the interface unusable. The icons that you've added to the right are useless to me. I just want to read mail, and scroll down to see new messages. No, I don't want to access my contacts, use the useless calendar, or get help.
    Just because you have an idea for a feature doesn't mean that it improves the product! (Retired program manager speaking here...)

39th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Kindly filter spam automatically as gmail does.

Filter spam and trash mails in separate TAB as gmail does. Our Important mails get lost in the spam mails. We marked mails as spam but no filtration is done by yahoo.

39th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. file folder on top

Hi, It will be nice if you could show folder name on top row along with other options.

39th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. New Mail on Top

We need to have option to chose New Mail or Old mail on the top. If not atleast we need the newest mail on top by default

39th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. checkbox Not Checked - please remove feature

"Checkbox, Not Checked" hovrebox is unnecessary and blocks the above checkbox when navigating the inbox from the bottom up. Please disable this hoverbox. I see it several times in the list of ideas, but all are closed and did not allow additional votes. Looks like a pretty popular request.

I have returned to old Yahoo! Mail to avoid this feature.

39th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. The new Yahoo mail is ****

The new Yahoo mail box is ****. I have been using Yahoo since 2004 and in the beginning I was satisfied.
    1. Now there is almost no place to see the content of the messages.
    2. The new system of chained message is just confusing and never works properly.

Why do you change something that works into something that does not work?

39th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 39th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Folders can be moved at the top (below inbox)

Please allow the folders to be moved at the top, having folders but not able to place on the top below the inbox is very frustrating

39th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base